What's new

Explaining Scorpion's Vortex Game [VIDEO]

Saint

Noob
Well put together, also known as scorpions 50/50 game for those wondering.

There are ways to squeeze in more damage to your combos but then again that wasn't the point of the video.

For future videos you could pre-plan (as in, have your material written down) what you're about to go over for the video to be more on point and shorter.

I'm not complaining, just my two cents, we want to improve right? :) Overall good job.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Interesting. I usually go for the jover.P B2/F4~Spear/tick-throw mix-up, but I hadn't considered using F3 and B4 at all since both of their startups are fairly long. Also didn't know you could tick-throw after 1,1 ... gives me a reason to use it instead of 3,3,4.

Thanks for the thread ^_^

King

Sig Maker
Well put together, also known as scorpions 50/50 game for those wondering.

There are ways to squeeze in more damage to your combos but then again that wasn't the point of the video.

For future videos you could pre-plan (as in, have your material written down) what you're about to go over for the video to be more on point and shorter.

I'm not complaining, just my two cents, we want to improve right? :) Overall good job.
Yes of course. Thanks for the tips :)

emerc

Noob
Nice vid. After a spear you can jover.p F2 1 teleport - for that tiny extra damage before going into the vortex mixups. Nothing groundbreaking but a little extra damage from the jump punch.

B2 overhead - leads to jumpkick teleport dash 1 1 spear -> jover.p vortex mixups

2 1+2 also leads into teleport, not just spear - 2 1+2 teleport dash 1 1 spear -> jover.p vortex mixups

more damage for a higher level of execution, but it's good to know

King

Sig Maker
Nice vid. After a spear you can jover.p F2 1 teleport - for that tiny extra damage before going into the vortex mixups. Nothing groundbreaking but a little extra damage from the jump punch.

B2 overhead - leads to jumpkick teleport dash 1 1 spear -> jover.p vortex mixups

2 1+2 also leads into teleport, not just spear - 2 1+2 teleport dash 1 1 spear -> jover.p vortex mixups

more damage for a higher level of execution, but it's good to know
2 1+2 leads to JK teleport? Damn, I need to test that out. Thanks for the great tips! :)

Thanks King, for taking the time to make this video to help people out. :)
This should be on the front page sooner or later.
Scorpion is one of those "what the hell am I supposed to do know?" kinda characters.(when played right)
Have a wonderful day/night King.
~Hound.

King

Sig Maker
Thanks King, for taking the time to make this video to help people out. :)
This should be on the front page sooner or later.
Scorpion is one of those "what the hell am I supposed to do know?" kinda characters.(when played right)
Have a wonderful day/night King.
~Hound.
Thanks for the great words brother! You have yourself a fine night/day as well my man! :)

Insane

Toasty!
Thanks for putting this video guide up, King. I believe this is the core gameplay of Scorpion with all his mix-ups and vortex. And it can really give your opponent a hard time when the pressure/vortex starts. Nice work.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Instead of just starting with forward 2, 1.. you could start that with a jump punch. After the teleport puch, you could start with a jump punch again and do 1, 1 to check if they're blocking... and if they are expecting to block a high hit, go for a throw or his leg grapple. Scorpion was the first character I really mastered.At 13:41, you show Scorpion doing an EX teleport while he's in the corner, and from there you can do back+2 (overhead sword) for a pop-up into an extended combo. While the timing on this is difficult, the pay-off can be a 50% or more combo.

http://youtu.be/3hoxA2E2QNY

This video pretty much describes what I'm talking about. At 0:05, you can also go into a jump kick into an EX teleport again to push him BACK in the corner for yet an even further corner juggle. It's fun stuff, but you gotta get the timing right. Don't do this if you're not backed into the corner. Otherwise it's a waste of meter.

King

Sig Maker
Instead of just starting with forward 2, 1.. you could start that with a jump punch. After the teleport puch, you could start with a jump punch again and do 1, 1 to check if they're blocking... and if they are expecting to block a high hit, go for a throw or his leg grapple. Scorpion was the first character I really mastered.At 13:41, you show Scorpion doing an EX teleport while he's in the corner, and from there you can do back+2 (overhead sword) for a pop-up into an extended combo. While the timing on this is difficult, the pay-off can be a 50% or more combo.

http://youtu.be/3hoxA2E2QNY

This video pretty much describes what I'm talking about. At 0:05, you can also go into a jump kick into an EX teleport again to push him BACK in the corner for yet an even further corner juggle. It's fun stuff, but you gotta get the timing right. Don't do this if you're not backed into the corner. Otherwise it's a waste of meter.
This wasn't a combo video; it was a video intended to show how Scorpion could keep resetting the situation and bringing his opponents right back into another guessing game. I said this in the video many times.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I understand the concept, just not all the vocabulary and slang of this community. (Just joined 2 days ago.) I don't often lose with Scorpion. I'm just saying sometimes you could mix things up with a throw or leg grapple because it also works. The little baby low kicks and punches don't work 100% of the time. I'm not discrediting King's video at all. It's in fact really good, and I'm also adding what I do too. Hope it helps.

King

Sig Maker
I understand the concept, just not all the vocabulary and slang of this community. (Just joined 2 days ago.) I don't often lose with Scorpion. I'm just saying sometimes you could mix things up with a throw or leg grapple because it also works. The little baby low kicks and punches don't work 100% of the time. I'm not discrediting King's video at all. It's in fact really good, and I'm also adding what I do too. Hope it helps.
Don't worry man; I didn't think you were discrediting me. I do, however, mention mixing it up with throws in the video. I didn't mention the leg grapple since it is easy to react to and is unsafe on block. F4 and B4 are much less apt to being reacted to and that's why I like them as low normals.

This really helps alot, man. Thanks a ton! I was having alot of issues playing Scorpion because i wasn't necessarily sure as to how to approach using him. I'm new to this forum, so i was curious as to if you have any other videos posted?

Jet3000

Let’s go crazy!
Wonderful guide, Now i know more stuff about my main and more strings. Please post more vids about this.