What's new

Excellent CSZ Prima Guide.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Forgot I had this, but I thought I would post this goldenly brilliant section of advice from the Prima Guide on Cyber Sub Zero.

This shit is just brilliant, and according to the guide, he is the worst character in the game.

''Cyber Sub Zero plays like a combination of Cyrax and Sub Zero but does not as ''Scary'' to play against as those two characters. While he maintains Sub Zero's slide and freeze (Ice Ball) his lack of an Ice Clone now requires him to (this is my favourite part) throw out constant ice balls at varying distances in order to keep opponents from getting in.

A good low attack into juggle involves a set up from B32, which can be followed up with juggle attacks, a close and medium bomb vortex, or asimpel uppercut. Cyber Sub Zero can perform some pretty high damage just from a basic F14 combo that can also be combed after any juggle. Be carful, if you attempt this combo too early (midscreen, while the opponent is not blocking), Cyber Sub Zero has an extremely long delay getting up, leaving him vulnerable for easy counter attacks.

Brilliant...

BEST MATCH UP:

I will write only the opening sentence.

''Cyber Sub Zero's best match up is probably Noob Saibot''...

Note the ''Probably''.
Noob is given a 4.5 in the match up chart, even though Quan Chi, Sheeva and Kratos are all given rating of 5, proving themselves wrong as to who his best match ups are. In fact, according to this guide, you have a 0.5 less chance of beating Noob than Sheeva, Quan, and Kratos. I guess that is what they mean by ''Probably'', but we will never know...

WORST MATCH UP:
Again, only the first sentence will do.
''The worst possible match up for CSZ is Raiden''

Note again, the use of ''Worst possible''.
But, according to their own match up chart, Raiden is a 3, whilst Ermac, Nightwolf and Shang are all 2.

Apparently Raiden can do ''Whatever he wants in bout with CSZ'' and ''use the bolt attack to mount a free pass at an offence''

I really would say more, but I think I will leave that you to guys.

leek

Noob
This whole guide was a piece of shit.

It's not even worth mentioning to me anymore. This video sums it up perfectly:

he sort of rambles and is a bit of an ass in some bits but otherwise is exactly what I thought about it

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Why in the world is there a Prima strategy guide for Mortal Kombat? lol

edit: perhaps this is where the developers learned how to play the game, it'd explain a few things! :)

purposely left out character frames lmfao...

leek

Noob
I bought it.

ripped it to shreds and burned it a month or two after release

no reason to have it imo because there is literally no more than 2 paragraphs of text for each character. There's just useless snapshots about 5 frames apart from each other page after page after page...

Shang tsung best in game in 1.00...

CSZ one of the worst in game in 1.00..

watttttttttttttttttttttttttt

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
I shall publish a guide based on what people are willing to pay for it will simply be a link to the character forum on TYM on every page.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Yea I read it and it's one of the most I'll written pieces of shitlt I've ever layed eyes on.

I could write all day about this, matter of fact dies anyone know how I can get in touch w them? Apparently they are in need of experienced players and people w IQ above 39

That guide has some of the dumbest things I've ever read

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Yea I read it and it's one of the most I'll written pieces of shitlt I've ever layed eyes on.

I could write all day about this, matter of fact dies anyone know how I can get in touch w them? Apparently they are in need of experienced players and people w IQ above 39

That guide has some of the dumbest things I've ever read
It still hilarious.