What's new

EVO 2014 Stream Schedule

JLG

Noob
Also the talking point that AM isn't hype is bullshit, theo vs jupiter was the hypest match at mlg because of AM. It ain't the character its theo you guys are hating on.
I thought the hype existed because it was a long-awaited match against arguably the two best Injustice players, using the two best characters in the game. A lot of viewers (everyone?) wanted to see how that would play out.

My point is anyone who says injustice is more balanced than mk9 is clearly insane.
I believe igau is going through the same stage mk9 went thru. We wanted to give mk9 the benefit of the doubt but many ppl scorned it and complained about "kabal, kenshi, and etc." We have attempted to give IGAU the benefit of the doubt but now we have the constant complaining about "aquaman, MMH, etc.". Overall I believe anyone who plays fighting games should go with this.... none of them are balanced and all have their top tiers and low tiers. In conclusion, people need to focus more on how to deal with the "top tiers" than complaining about them (i'm sorry but if ur character gets bopped by a top tier, find a way to deal with it or have a back up).

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I just hope those who entered are prepared for MMH, AM, and etc. Tournaments are 2/3 almost the whole way, so it isn't like you have to win a ft7, get those 2 wins and you are on to the next round. As for mk9 and igau I believe these characters won tournaments:
mk9: sub, reptile, smoke, rain, kitana, mileena, sektor, cyrax, kenshi (mlg arena), jax, cage, lao, kabal, shang, that's about half the cast
igau: aquaman, batgirl, batman, black adam, doomsday, green arrow, green lantern, hawkgirl, MMH, frost, superman so about 1/3 of the cast.
+ sinestro, didn't Wound win frosty faustings this year?

If you count that, might have to count Shazam! at Texas Showdown too :p
damn it lmao. Alright so it was still around 1/3 for igau. Either way, it is pointless to get into talks about mk vs igau when it comes to balance as both games have their top tiers (cyrax, lao, batgirl, zod) and their low tiers (joker, scorpion, kano, jade).

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
damn it lmao. Alright so it was still around 1/3 for igau. Either way, it is pointless to get into talks about mk vs igau when it comes to balance as both games have their top tiers (cyrax, lao, batgirl, zod) and their low tiers (joker, scorpion, kano, jade).
The problem is the tier gaps are completely different. If you compare how Joker does to the IGAU cast with how Kano or Sheeva did in MK9 Joker does way better.

On the flip side, if you compare the current MMH and Aqua MU charts with the Kabal MU charts before the game's life ended you would see they dont do nearly as well as Kabal did.

That being said, both games are unbalanced when compared to say...Street Fighter. But saying Inj is more balanced definitely isnt crazy.

The problem is the tier gaps are completely different. If you compare how Joker does to the IGAU cast with how Kano or Sheeva did in MK9 Joker does way better.

On the flip side, if you compare the current MMH and Aqua MU charts with the Kabal MU charts before the game's life ended you would see they dont do nearly as well as Kabal did.

That being said, both games are unbalanced when compared to say...Street Fighter. But saying Inj is more balanced definitely isnt crazy.
hmm I dnt even think tier gaps mean that much because honestly they may have been "perceived" as bigger in mk9, yet over half the cast saw top 8/16 action so it wasn't a lost cause to use a character that wasn't "top tier" (and the same can be said about IGAU). The same applies to SF as well, u could get top 8/16 at a major with a character that isn't considered top tier (Xian with gen, ngl chris with ken, etc.). I dnt like comparing games balance because they all have issues that are common among all fighting games really.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Hopefully someone good is running the stream and gets us good Pool matches. Nothing worse then watching boring casual players vs practiced competitors in pool play.

rolz420zx

MindGamez
I get what you guys are saying but lets not simplify it to just the character. Remember the person controlling the character. We are not going to see some random MMH, BG or AM in Grand Finals. We will most likely see Jupiter, Sonic Fox or Theo. Many people play these top characters but only a select few consistently do well. JR won with many characters because he is a great player, only one Kung Lao won Evo twice....etc.