What's new

Combo List - Erron Black Erron Black Combo Thread (Updated 15.05.15)

Kebbs

Noob
I'm new to MK and I really like Erron Black. Could I ask you guys a stupid question? How do you cancel into a special from a combo. For example, I'm having trouble doing 21122xxdbf2, how do you cancel into the sand trap?

Thanks in advance!

Everyone is asking about inconsistency with the 21122 string, which I can understand, but what I'm surprised no one is talking about is the tackle cancel afterwards. It's not a problem to get it to come out, but it almost never connects. To get it to, you almost have to drop the combo by letting them drop really low. It's just so inconsistent. I'm not sure I personally can use any combo that cancels 21122 as an actual BnB. I should also define BnB for myself...BnB=9/10 times from both sides.

I'm new to MK and I really like Erron Black. Could I ask you guys a stupid question? How do you cancel into a special from a combo. For example, I'm having trouble doing 21122xxdbf2, how do you cancel into the sand trap?

Thanks in advance!
You may be pressing 2 more than twice at the end of the string. If you do, no special can cancel afterwards. I was doing this and having the same problem at first.

Shipetopic

50/50 is the best town to live in !
The only problem I encountered by reading posts is that Erron Black and Ed Boon have same initials EB, coincedence ? I don't think so! It is new favorite character of Ed Boon !;)

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Although the timing of it is tricky, it is possible to hit B32u1, nj.2, X-ray at midscreen. I just pulled it off in Practice Mode on Sub-Zero using the Outlaw variation. You basically need to activate the X-Ray the instant that you land from the jump punch.

Also found a midscreen meterless combo of my own.

Outlaw Variation: B3,2,U1, NJP, Dash, F3, 2+4 8 hits 26% damage

Last edited:
Messed around with Erron for a little while, Outlaw to be specific.

What's the go with this character?

Basically all I was doing was

b32 OR f12 xx db4 > step forward > b32u1 > nj.P > short run > b33 xx df2

Either one does 29% damage without the DoT and then you get oki obviously.

For b32 I was OSing the db4 such that it would come out on hit only, for f12 it is easy to just confirm it.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Messed around with Erron for a little while, Outlaw to be specific.

What's the go with this character?

Basically all I was doing was

b32 OR f12 xx db4 > step forward > b32u1 > nj.P > short run > b33 xx df2

Either one does 29% damage without the DoT and then you get oki obviously.

For b32 I was OSing the db4 such that it would come out on hit only, for f12 it is easy to just confirm it.
There are several combos posted by me and others a few pages back

I made a video showing off some of his BnBs & other setups in Marksman:

Gun cancels are fucking amazing. They make Erron's 50/50s completely safe because you can confirm into a backdash if blocked.

I love Marksman <3.

1: Midscreen - F13 xx Gun Cancel 211 xx EX DB1 DF1 - 29%
2: Anti Air combo - B1 112 211 xx DBF2 - 23%
3: Heading to the corner - 3 xx Gun Cancel 21122 xx EX DB2 Run F24 21122 xx DBF2 - 38%
4: Side switch - B32U1 Run to the other side 112 21122 xx DBF2 - 30%
5: (Jumping opponent) - NJP (walk forward slightly) F2 xx DB2 211 xx DBF2 - 28%
6: JP1 air to air - JP1 Run 112 211 xx DBF2 - 23%
7: Caltrops setup - F2 xx DB2 F24 xx Far Caltrops (19% + 1% of DoT) -> Dash -> B33 xx Gun Cancel 21122 xx EX DB2 Run F24 211 xx DBF2 (41%) - 41% + 20% = 61%
8: Meaty Sand Grenade setup - F12 xx DB2 F24 xx BF3 (21%) Run F13 xx Gun Cancel 21122 xx DB2 F3 xx DB4 NJP 21122 xx DBF2 (37%) - 21% + 37% = 58%
9: Corner 1 Bar - B33 xx Gun cancel 21122 xx EX DB2 B33 xx DB2 21122 xx DBF2 - 45%
10: Corner Meterless - B33 xx Gun cancel 21122 xx DB2 B33 xx DB2 21122 xx DBF2 - 42%
11: Corner Caltrops setup - F13 xx Gun cancel 21122 xx DB2 3 xx DB4 NJP F24 xx Close Caltrops (33%) -> B33 xx Gun cancel 21122 xx DB2 B33 xx DB2 112 MB Throw (40%) -> Throw = 33% + 40% + 12% = 85% (Instead of MB throw you can go into combo #10 for 33% + 45% = 78%)
Hey man, Do you use controller or arcade stick? Gonna grind to get these gun cancels but wanna see what you guys that can do it are using.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Everyone is asking about inconsistency with the 21122 string, which I can understand, but what I'm surprised no one is talking about is the tackle cancel afterwards. It's not a problem to get it to come out, but it almost never connects.
Do you mean midscreen or in the corner? If you're talking midscreen then I agree. I always use 211 xx Sand Trap, instead of 21122 because it's more consistent for me, and it does the same amount of damage if you use 11 211 xx Sand Trap after his Rifle Swing (Marksman).

Corner I always use 21122 because it consistently connects and does the most damage.

Hey man, Do you use controller or arcade stick? Gonna grind to get these gun cancels but wanna see what you guys that can do it are using.
I use the standard Dualshock 4 pad.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Do you mean midscreen or in the corner? If you're talking midscreen then I agree. I always use 211 xx Sand Trap, instead of 21122 because it's more consistent for me, and it does the same amount of damage if you use 11 211 xx Sand Trap after his Rifle Swing (Marksman).

Corner I always use 21122 because it consistently connects and does the most damage.

I use the standard Dualshock 4 pad.
I find 21122xxtackle works almost a 100 percent for me off of juggle in the corner, but standing to 21122xxtackle never connects. If I do 21122 from standing and it carries or starts in the corner I xxcaltrops and go into setups.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I prefer b33 xx sand trap in most combos as the ender. Damage is equivalent or slightly higher than 21122 because it scales the damage less due to less hits, is way easier to input, and connects more consistently in my experience.

Jayrz9

Noob
I find 21122xxtackle works almost a 100 percent for me off of juggle in the corner, but standing to 21122xxtackle never connects. If I do 21122 from standing and it carries or starts in the corner I xxcaltrops and go into setups.
i feel that doing 21122 really fast then waiting for 122 part to finish (on screen) then using sand trap works consistently.

Do you mean midscreen or in the corner?
I did mean midscreen--thanks for the info. I honestly have just switched to F4,2xxStab. The midscreen I was doing was 31 or so and this does 28+ bleed which I'm pretty sure is at least 5%.

I've also done what you said and midscreen cancel 211xxTackle. That also works, but is only 1% less than my combo and it doesn't account for the bleed afterwards.

Can anyone comment on why I should be going for tackle rather than stab? Is it for pressure afterwards?

RizRaz

Errons with combos - always hot.
I did mean midscreen--thanks for the info. I honestly have just switched to F4,2xxStab. The midscreen I was doing was 31 or so and this does 28+ bleed which I'm pretty sure is at least 5%.

I've also done what you said and midscreen cancel 211xxTackle. That also works, but is only 1% less than my combo and it doesn't account for the bleed afterwards.

Can anyone comment on why I should be going for tackle rather than stab? Is it for pressure afterwards?
Tackle leaves the enemy in perfect range for your f12, f13 and f3/f3,2+4 attacks and outranges most normals. It's also at a range where some players might try for a wakeup to catch you out which, if you predict correctly, leaves them open for another combo. Tackle is also useful because it can be EX'd at the end, meaning if you have the meter and bring the enemy down to almost death with your initial tackle, you can EX for the win. Using the stab also removes your njp game for a while, which can be bothersome.

Tackle is also great because it gives people new holes, which they like.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Tackle leaves the enemy in perfect range for your f12, f13 and f3/f3,2+4 attacks and outranges most normals. It's also at a range where some players might try for a wakeup to catch you out which, if you predict correctly, leaves them open for another combo. Tackle is also useful because it can be EX'd at the end, meaning if you have the meter and bring the enemy down to almost death with your initial tackle, you can EX for the win. Using the stab also removes your njp game for a while, which can be bothersome.

Tackle is also great because it gives people new holes, which they like.
I disagree. Stab leaves you at a better distance for f1, f2. Also you can raw slide or f4 for a gimmicky 50/50 or just get the last chip since bleed doesn't kill. MB tackle leaves you at a horrible distance for an outlaw. The sword will be back in time if you do f13xxxdb4 dash b32u1 njp. If you dash up and do b32u1 it won't be but that's really gimmicky so doesn't really matter.

RizRaz

Errons with combos - always hot.
Can't get the run cancels down at all. Tried for like two hours lol but I'm determined to get good at this
Break it down and practice, you'll start getting it after a while. Try something like

1. f13xxdf1
  2. f13xxdf1 buffered dash cancel
  3. f13xxdf1 buffered run cancel
  4. f13xxdf1 buffered run cancel 21122
  5. f13xxdf1 buffered run cancel 2112xxdb2/db4, combo from there
If you start messing up on a certain part, practice it more until you can start doing it without thinking too hard. It'll seem easier after you've slept as well and your brain has had time to get over the confusion of doing this stuff.

Edit: Only looking at 38% for f12xxdb1, run cancel, 2112xxdb2EX, f24, 2112xxdbf2 which is the exact same as just starting it with f13xxdb2EX, but with the rifle cancel you're looking at it being a much safer starter since you can rifle cancel into run and immediately block before your opponent can retaliate. It's also easier to combo for me since going off of just f13xxdb2 as a starter for that particular combo seems to make the enemy launched in a really finnicky way for the rest of the combo to connect unless you let them drop just enough for the 4 in f24 to connect at its highest point.

Last edited:

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
My basic bnbs for outlaw

Midscreen:
starter~db4, walk forward, b32u1, njp, dash, f24, 211~dbf2 >>> 30%

Corner:
starter~db4, walk forward, b32u1, njp, ji4, f24~close caltrops >>> 26% + hard knockdown on DoT setup
starter~db4, walk forward, b32u1, njp, ji4, b12~dbf2 >>> 30%

For some reason doing f24, 211~dbf2 instead of the b12~dbf2 also gives me 30%, and the b12 is way easier so I go with that.

Starters I use
2112 (best footsie tool, 8f midrange punish)
11b3 (7f close punish)
f12 (farthest footsie tool, 14f overhead)
b33 (biggest damage, unconfirmable low)