What's new

Ermac's Reset corner combo

Because of the position the EX TKP leaves you.You dont have the wake up attack adv there.Its a mechanism of the game.As for the wake ups of KL and Reptile i havent tested it with a living opponent just with AI at practice mode.
I'm pretty sure splatting the opponent on the ground only prevents tech rolls, not wakeup attacks.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Kamikaze Goodluck at devastation man wish I could go.Represent Ermac well man. Ill be rooting for ya :top:

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I'm pretty sure splatting the opponent on the ground only prevents tech rolls, not wakeup attacks.

Well as i said i m not sure cause i ve began testing only recently and havent experimented with it too much.But in the casuals and in the tourney i went it worked perfectly.But you could be right and there might be a way to counter it somehow except staying down or if you have an EX armored move.But i m pretty sure you cant wake up attack to counter it.

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
You can achieve the same effect by doing jugglestarter~TKS, nj.P - opp is being smashed on the ground and we have enough time to dash and fully charge b2. Sadly, in both cases it can be negated by timing wake-up attack (not only by Kung Lao and Reptile), and after last patch it'll work even worse because of more invincibility frames on WU attacks. But anyway it's a nice setup to be used once in a while.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
You can achieve the same effect by doing jugglestarter~TKS, nj.P - opp is being smashed on the ground and we have enough time to dash and fully charge b2. Sadly, in both cases it can be negated by timing wake-up attack (not only by Kung Lao and Reptile), and after last patch it'll work even worse because of more invincibility frames on WU attacks. But anyway it's a nice setup to be used once in a while.

Depends on the distance though.Th opponent can interrupt it by d1 poking it.Happened to me in the grand finals.But yeah its gonna be alot harder now with the broken wake-up attacks.Have you found any other fast wake up that can interrupt it ?

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
The wake up attack doesn't have to be fast - it only has to be timed to be as late as can be - b2 should then hit on selected attack's first 8 frames of invulnerability, so theoretically every attack can be used to nullify this setup :)
And I don't think that post-patch wakeup system will be worse - for Ermac it'll be somewhat a buff: 12 frames (instead of 8) of invincibility on WU attacks, when his are 13 (TKS) & 14 (TKP) frames makes it a lot harder for the opponent to press us on knockdown (which could be an issue for Ermac in some matchups).

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
The wake up attack doesn't have to be fast - it only has to be timed to be as late as can be - b2 should then hit on selected attack's first 8 frames of invulnerability, so theoretically every attack can be used to nullify this setup :)
And I don't think that post-patch wakeup system will be worse - for Ermac it'll be somewhat a buff: 12 frames (instead of 8) of invincibility on WU attacks, when his are 13 (TKS) & 14 (TKP) frames makes it a lot harder for the opponent to press us on knockdown (which could be an issue for Ermac in some matchups).

True.Ermac's WU attacks were broken even before this patch(thats my opinion).

zaf

professor
This is nothing new. I have posted this before. This is pretty gimmicky, nothing that can be relied on and easily beat out.

EX TKP stops a tech roll. It does not stop wake up attacks.
You can still be hit out of this. Try doing this to a Mileena player.

Yes this "can" work and you can catch someone off guard. But this is definitely not something you can loop over and over in the corner. Against top players you will be lucky enough to get away with this once. The combo itself is unbreakable which is very nice. But here is why this can be beat out 10/10 times:

Your opponent just needs to stay on the ground and hold block.

They will stay lying on the ground and will be able to block any move that can hit them. ( d2 , tk moves etc)
If they stay on the ground, almost all normals,grabs and block strings will whiff over them including the unblockable.
Now you might think " Oh I can out play them and cancel the unblockable and try something else". Once again, your opponent just needs to wait for you to make the first move and hold block.

Now, any good player who knows what ermac can do, especially in the corner, will not fall for this and will just wait this out on the ground blocking waiting for you to attack. Or they will be able to find an opening when you are canceling the unblockable. If you are beating someone with this, it is only because they have never seen it before.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
This is nothing new. I have posted this before. This is pretty gimmicky, nothing that can be relied on and easily beat out.

Yes this "can" work and you can catch someone off guard. But this is definitely not something you can loop over and over in the corner. Against top players you will be lucky enough to get away with this once. The combo itself is unbreakable which is very nice. But here is why this can be beat out 10/10 times:

They will stay lying on the ground and will be able to block any move that can hit them. ( d2 , tk moves etc)
If they stay on the ground, almost all normals,grabs and block strings will whiff over them including the unblockable.
Now you might think " Oh I can out play them and cancel the unblockable and try something else". Once again, your opponent just needs to wait for you to make the first move and hold block.

Now, any good player who knows what ermac can do, especially in the corner, will not fall for this and will just wait this out on the ground blocking waiting for you to attack. Or they will be able to find an opening when you are canceling the unblockable. If you are beating someone with this, it is only because they have never seen it before.
What if you cancel the b2 to a u4? Turns into a hell of a mixup.

zaf

professor
not really no.
People can block this move on reaction. And by attacking you are doing exactly what the opponent needs you to do to allow them to get out of this set up.

I mean this is a viable option and is a mix up, but do expect to be blocked.

Also if someone see's the unblockable come out and wants to wake up attack. This will hit you as you cancel or as the u4 is coming out.

What can be used as a great way to keep the pressure going with the opponent on the ground in the corner is an IAB.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

1st of all i never said to use it all the time.
2nd i didnt see it anywhere on the Ermac forums as a post thats why i created it myself.
3rd IF you read my original post i think this is useless now cause of the new "broken" WU attacks system.As for a way to counter it Zaf its one way to put it in words and another way to actually do it in a fight.Plus as you said you can always cancel the B2, backdash and bait your opponent for a punish on reaction.Its not all about the unblockable its about the mix-ups and baits you can create in the corner.

So at the same time as saying why the only reason that your corner unblockable reset trap doesn't work is the wakeup invincibility, you're calling it "broken". Hah.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
So at the same time as saying why the only reason that your corner unblockable reset trap doesn't work is the wakeup invincibility, you're calling it "broken". Hah.
Nope i dont call it broken myself thats why i used ".The word broken was in another post regarding the new WU attacks implemented in the latest patch.I still think its good.Cuts down rushdown characters which works perfect for Ermac.They ll reconsider attacking some1 who is on the ground from now on.But yeah the corner reset will kinda be used only for mixups and baits from now on.Thats what i think.

My mistake. I'm so used to seeing people using double quotes improperly for emphasis that I didn't expect someone would use them properly (for sarcasm).

zaf

professor
his mix ups are still pretty limited as well in this situation if you cancel because the opponent is still on the ground. Your options of attacking are limited. This is still a much better use for the unblockable. i was also just stating some information on the move and situations with it, i was not necesarily saying these are things you do, etc.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I hardly if ever use it, what I like to do is use my own reset corner combos if they have shitty wake ups or tend to stay on the ground. There's really a few options Ermac has if he gets you in the corner, I for one like to stay mid screen and just keep them there with fireball and TKP pressure. Even if they're KL, Kitana it'll work, it really won't work as well on say Reptile or Raiden.