What's new

Ermac's Reset corner combo

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Ermac's Reset(?) corner combo

If you ve seen my recent matches in the Greek tournament I ve started using something really cool in the corner after an EX TKP combo finisher.As you know the opponent there doesnt have the ability of a wake up attack (except probably very fast wake ups such as KL's spin and maybe Reptile's elbow dash and maybe EX armored moves).So after you finish your combo with an EX TKP you can charge fully your B2 B1 canceled to lift for an unblockable combo reset(?) in the corner.From what i ve found this can only be avoided if the opponent stays down in which case you can just cancel the B2 and go for other mix-ups.I would like to hear your opinion on this very interesting matter.

P.S : I created this post cause i havent seen it anywhere in the Ermac forums ( i could be wrong though) so if it exist anywhere else just delete it :)

Tell me your thoughts.

Edit: Finally patch was released in the EU.I m starting to believe that this reset is worthless now.Tried to do it after EX TKP in the corner and the AI kept WU attack me all the time.Gotta search a bit longer though to be absolutely sure.You guys check it out too plz if it interestes you.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
It can be very useful but the only problem is its hard to time that corner combo B1 2 F1/3x 2,2 TKpush. I have a hard time timing it cause sometimes the last hit F1 doesnt connect and juggle but yea its very impressive.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
It can be very useful but the only problem is its hard to time that corner combo B1 2 F1/3x 2,2 TKpush. I have a hard time timing it cause sometimes the last hit F1 doesnt connect and juggle but yea its very impressive.
Yeah i know what you mean it took me a lot of time to do it almost all the time too.But its worth especially with the dmg nerf Ermac got in the latest patch.Btw congratulations for your success in the tournament.

Ermaculate_Slim

Thx man I train hard.But yea I'm still in the lab trying to get the combo down can do it 4/10 tries now.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Its all timing bro. If u feel it slipping go with 22 extkp or 33 extkps. Jus lab it up and experiment

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Its all timing bro. If u feel it slipping go with 22 extkp or 33 extkps. Jus lab it up and experiment
What he said.

Btw let me give you guys a good corner combo to exercize.I think that after the patch it does 59% dmg with one EX bar and its pretty rewarding.Ofc you can use two EX bars to finish it with EX TKP for the reset.

It goes like this : jp B114 EX lift dash B12F1x3 22 TKP or EX TKP.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

Pfff yeah he is a pain in the ass.A good way to counter Smoke up close if he is down poking you alot is U4 cause its a low crush move.You need to jump alot against him,especially cross-ups cause he doesnt have any good AA moves except his 2.Plus the TKP beats all of Smokes moves on reaction.And ofc :) No projectiles.At all.

Ermaculate_Slim

Pfff yeah he is a pain in the ass.A good way to counter Smoke up close if he is down poking you alot is U4 cause its a low crush move.You need to jump alot against him,especially cross-ups cause he doesnt have any good AA moves except his 2.Plus the TKP beats all of Smokes moves on reaction.And ofc :) No projectiles.At all.
Yea I rarely threw projectiles cause I was aware of his parry.Idk maybe I was predictable with my jumps ins cause he air grabbed me alot.My nerves were going haywire and I also made alot of mistakes so alot of it was my fault but yea I was still was in position to win.

Why would some characters be able to do wakeup attacks and not others though? You're invincible from the first frame regardless of speed.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Why would some characters be able to do wakeup attacks and not others though? You're invincible from the first frame regardless of speed.

Because of the position the EX TKP leaves you.You dont have the wake up attack adv there.Its a mechanism of the game.As for the wake ups of KL and Reptile i havent tested it with a living opponent just with AI at practice mode.