What's new

Strategy Ermac's Air Blast

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Slim, i feel like this does work for some reason. I've done this before but thought they weren't blocking.
I will test this with my partner.

Metzos go ahead and pm me the combos. Don't do it here because I want to keep everyone in suspense.

Also you can post this here Metzos, but you are very consistent with this. The corner combo involving b12f1, how do you get the last hit to hit? I did not use this corner combo in the past i have other high damaging ones but i want to learn this one and the last hit always whiffs. Is it the height that i need ? or is it the actual input?
I tried it against the expert cpu in training mode dont know how valid that is but it worked every time.I think I found new tech :)

Edit:Also I think Ermac standing 1 is a good anti air plus u can combo after it.

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
I'm sorry, you didn't - after AirBlast the opp can block either TKP or TKS (or any other move, it only gives you safejump). It's only CPU dumb enough to not block (or is trying to interrupt with a move) during stagger.

Ermaculate_Slim

I'm sorry, you didn't - after AirBlast the opp can block either TKP or TKS (or any other move, it only gives you safejump). It's only CPU dumb enough to not block (or is trying to interrupt with a move) during stagger.
hmmmmm shit did u do it as close as possible to the ground?Cause it actually combos.If i wasnt possible it wouldnt combo would it??

Error

DF2+R2
hmmmmm shit did u do it as close as possible to the ground?Cause it actually combos.If i wasnt possible it wouldnt combo would it??
Video would be awesome, when I did it, the lift was slightly scaled, but it didn't combo, so I was just getting the advantage on hit.

zaf

professor
standing 1 is a good AA.
So is D1 and d2.

You can even use teleport as an AA.
Tks and TKp are great for AA as well.

The problem with ermacs aa game is it is really inconsistent.
You really need to read that jump in and punish. You can punish on reaction but his normals are kinda slow.

best aa for reaction is d1 and standing 1

Ermaculate_Slim

Yea u were right u can block it.I set the cpu to auto block and it didnt link so yea.I'm bummed out now.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
Zaf, I was gonna suggest adding the usefulness of f2 in dash down pokes cancel pressure and against strong down pokes but I haven't really seen anyone use it that way. Now about air blast, I like using in my jip mix ups and if I'm jumping away from my opponent.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Slim, i feel like this does work for some reason. I've done this before but thought they weren't blocking.
I will test this with my partner.

Metzos go ahead and pm me the combos. Don't do it here because I want to keep everyone in suspense.

Also you can post this here Metzos, but you are very consistent with this. The corner combo involving b12f1, how do you get the last hit to hit? I did not use this corner combo in the past i have other high damaging ones but i want to learn this one and the last hit always whiffs. Is it the height that i need ? or is it the actual input?
Check out my matches against meeks and runway mafia on the devastation streams. With meeks I did it wrong and even tom brady replies that I didnt know the proper height. But the match right after with runway mafia I do it right. Its all about height. Sometimes you need to let the body drop jus a lil after the first loop. Then finish the combo one after the other. Lab that shit up

zaf

professor
ok so this thread has kinda turned into the new ermac general thread haha.

two things i got to share today:

1- Ruuku1012, f2 is a great move. really good for keeping pressure and frame traps going. As for using this to counter footsies and pokes, i have tried this with my mileena partner. This move does not really do the job i was hoping it would.

2- Second thing is, since f2 did not work out as nice as i liked it. I tried to use u4 more often. Against mileena poking and footsies u4 rapes omg.
I know love this move so much haha. It completely goes over anything mileena does and hits her ( obviously though this is what it is suppose to do).
But i mean, no one does this from what i have seen and no one expects ermacs to even use this move.
I started to use it a lot more, in matches the night i found out just how good it is and it really makes people second guess poking as much against you.
The thing is, you can not just shoot the move out. You have to read the pokes and use this move properly. Its just like TKP.
Use the move properly and its amazing, over use the move and abuse it, you get shit on.

Seriously guys, no joke, start using u4 to counter poke. Dont be afraid to get hit, practise it. Nothing is on the line with friends and casuals or online. Its all practise. Seriously use u4 and practise with it.

Also guys, when i saw my mileena partner. I mean JER. The mileena that just made the front page with that new reset.
Im actually the ermac in the video. We found out that new tech when playing and recording. Still working on my video however.

As for the b12f1 string loop in the corner, I land this now when i let the opponent drop longer instead of just shooting it out. It really does seem like it is the height that matters.

Primal Raptor

Quan-Cheesy
Yeah. I find it extremely useful against JC,LK,SB and QC cause of their rushdown and pressure. Such an amazing move.

EDIT : Kamikaze do you have any other links so i can finally see your matches ? Cause the stream is still laggy.
well if your worried about quan rushing you down than you should try jumping, and when he puts you on the ground wakeup a lift or roll back and push

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
well if your worried about quan rushing you down than you should try jumping, and when he puts you on the ground wakeup a lift or roll back and push
I dunno bout that bro. Its kinda dangerous to wake up roll or lift cuz if its blocked they can get u in a full combo. That 'woolay' reaches aa far as tkp I think

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
yeah but if they block it it will push them back far enough to not hit if their just in range
if recovery for either of those moves were faster then thatd be ok. Both moves have quick startup but terrible recovery. They are unsafe and a disadvantage on block.

Primal Raptor

Quan-Cheesy
if recovery for either of those moves were faster then thatd be ok. Both moves have quick startup but terrible recovery. They are unsafe and a disadvantage on block.
yeah but you get a push from ermac and a chip of .5% from trance so you decide which is better. btw there is also a post about how bad quan is against ermac. they are conflicting characters but if played correctly ermac should dominate. 6.5-3.5 ermac to quan.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
I believe that its in ermacs favor also but still. You cant just throw those out, especially if you are in the range of woolay. Tkp is 11% compared to the ridiculous mixups quan can produce. Which seems a little more risky now? And if u are jis throwin tkps out a smart quan (dink, admiral, etc) you will get punished by woolay after they bait you into doin a tkps

Primal Raptor

Quan-Cheesy
I believe that its in ermacs favor also but still. You cant just throw those out, especially if you are in the range of woolay. Tkp is 11% compared to the ridiculous mixups quan can produce. Which seems a little more risky now? And if u are jis throwin tkps out a smart quan (dink, admiral, etc) you will get punished by woolay after they bait you into doin a tkps
your entirely correct but quan players so rarely throw random trances do to recovery, and will try to get in, which gives the tkp and advantage, becuz the "woolay" isnt anti air you can jump and block if timed right to get in and cause serious pressure. btw this is a thread about air blast not quan/ermac matchup

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Just to chime in.....

[MENTION=9050]Primal Raptor[/MENTION]

I'm guessing by woolay you mean trance? Trance is an anti air.... you just need to be aware of your spacing and timing.

Primal Raptor

Quan-Cheesy
Just to chime in.....

[MENTION=9050]Primal Raptor[/MENTION]

I'm guessing by woolay you mean trance? Trance is an anti air.... you just need to be aware of your spacing and timing.
it can be,but not with nearly as much efficiency as the tkp. and this thread is for ermac so dnt reply to this plz. the woolayin and aninomonying ends here

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Do u main ermac primal? I can promise that if u do you can learn alot from me, and if u dont u can learn even more.
Now thr subject matter did change from the air blast, and ironically you, primal, are one of the people who changed the subject.
Ive been workin alot on the iafb and I realized its a very welcomed tactic! If you throw a few iafb and whiff some they often make the opponent jump and thats when you catch them with a tkps. As with all tactics dont abuse it.. Armored moves, teleports, fireballs they all will knock u down. But if you are rushing down this could end up being a monster to use in close proximity

Primal Raptor

Quan-Cheesy
Do u main ermac primal? I can promise that if u do you can learn alot from me, and if u dont u can learn even more.
Now thr subject matter did change from the air blast, and ironically you, primal, are one of the people who changed the subject.
Ive been workin alot on the iafb and I realized its a very welcomed tactic! If you throw a few iafb and whiff some they often make the opponent jump and thats when you catch them with a tkps. As with all tactics dont abuse it.. Armored moves, teleports, fireballs they all will knock u down. But if you are rushing down this could end up being a monster to use in close proximity
im on xbox and yes actully i used to use easymac but than he became popular, and now he is less popular again so i want to pick him back up but wen i used to play him i was never really all tht great aside from some original combos. but if u want to pm me on some good tech i welcome it

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Lol easymac....... Check me out on the day 1 devastation streams and dromstruction streams. Im not the best at explaining tech. i hate to sound so stupid but it kinda comes off instinct in regards to the way I play..
But...
Lets get back on topic now guys