What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Ermac Ermac vs Smoke (Hitbox Issue)

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat

Looks like the F4 has a funky hitbox where it seems to be only is foot, and not the entire leg.

Yes, I know B2 and F21d2 are punishes but I think F4 should work aswell.

discuss.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Ermac's f4 gets low profiled by some d4 as well (Johnny). And I used Mileena's regular roll on minus frame to make Ermac F4 whiff once, but I'm not sure it was low profiled or roll was just too fast

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
It's stupid and makes no sense. F4 whiffing isn't exclusive to Smokes TP and has been like that since day 1...

Ermac's f4 gets low profiled by some d4 as well (Johnny). And I used Mileena's regular roll on minus frame to make Ermac F4 whiff once, but I'm not sure it was low profiled or roll was just too fast
Mileena's ball roll ignores/trades against several true mids even, I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more attention

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
Me and @Dragosiege explored this a while back , jus delay your f4 and it works just fine
Boi then they block ur f4 and u get full combo punished. It's not a game breaking thing since f21d2 leads into a reset into pressure. But if u got the smoke in the corner and he does the tele to get ur hover and u bait it then block it like cmon. Sometimes we need 45% meter less instead of like 38% into a rest and meterless. The mechanic only hinders ur late game combo because 9/10 u tryna get that restand for stagger pressure. Or if ur mystic u still get hella dmg of the f21d2

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Boi then they block ur f4 and u get full combo punished. It's not a game breaking thing since f21d2 leads into a reset into pressure. But if u got the smoke in the corner and he does the tele to get ur hover and u bait it then block it like cmon. Sometimes we need 45% meter less instead of like 38% into a rest and meterless. The mechanic only hinders ur late game combo because 9/10 u tryna get that restand for stagger pressure. Or if ur mystic u still get hella dmg of the f21d2
If you just want damage just do f21 soul ball. Unless that doesn't work(I never tried it) that should be the optimal punish. Besides, that tele is MINUS 46. If you can't delay f4 for a few frames to punish then idk. Can't you just do a little walk back and do f4? You'll probably still get the punish in this situation.

If everything I said was wrong then let me know, I'm just trying to throw out alternatives to this issue.

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
If you just want damage just do f21 soul ball. Unless that doesn't work(I never tried it) that should be the optimal punish. Besides, that tele is MINUS 46. If you can't delay f4 for a few frames to punish then idk. Can't you just do a little walk back and do f4? You'll probably still get the punish in this situation.

If everything I said was wrong then let me know, I'm just trying to throw out alternatives to this issue.
Boi f21 doesn't do as much dmg as f4 soulball. Why should I have to walk back for a punish anyway like the smoke was yolo so why can't I just get a clean punish? Like do I have to not be brain dead?

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
This isn't a punish thread, this is, why are you low profiling a OH thread.

I know you can walk back and punish, or you can wait and punish.

Israfel

Designer for BxA

I wouldn't say it "low profiling" the OH though. It's just a weird glitch against the character where he seems to have some "invincible" frames against the immediate f4.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Boi f21 doesn't do as much dmg as f4 soulball. Why should I have to walk back for a punish anyway like the smoke was yolo so why can't I just get a clean punish? Like do I have to not be brain dead?
I know it's stupid, I'm not debating that at all. I'm just suggesting ideas. Besides, doesn't f21 only do like 1 percent less than f4?(correct if wrong again). Its only at most a percent difference on bnbs I believe. I'm just saying, it's better to find ways around it until it gets fixed rather than wait until they fix it. For now you're probably best off going for f21 imo.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy

If you're replying to me, I know what the issue is, the person I quoted was talking about the scenarios in which you would use f4, so I suggested f21. It's fucked up that this is happening, but as I said, we should think of alternatives rather than sit on our asses. Knowing this game it won't get the attention it deserves anyway.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
This shouldn't be a thing, but its a thing.

There are only a handful of F4 inconsistencies on a punish. This is the worst one imo and at no point should an OVERhead be low profiled. Its honestly just whacky as shit. Best to just accept that it doesn't work, use a punish that does and hope a hotfix addresses these issues at somepoint.