What's new

Ermac General Discussion Thread

zaf

professor
yea, expect reptile and raiden to punish it. kinda sucks but oh well, just work with what you have

as for doing b1 into f4, i have said it before, but i never do this before doing b114
i always establish a b114 to have them blocking. this is what sets up the f4

also, with enough poking and f4 usage people will respect ermacs pokes, and after a poke i work in u4. i think out of all the ermacs i see, ive used this move the most. i love it. even if they can fuzzy block the u4, its safe

i also pay attention to when people try to jump in or retaliate when i poke, so i can find openings for tkl/tkp

Neuvost

Noob
A quick question to all you smart folks!

When I land a teleport outside a combo (predicting a fireball, let's say) what's my best follow up? The only thing I found while goofing around in training mode is teleport, f4, b2. While it gives you knock down and solid spacing, it's only good for 15%. Any recommendations?

zaf

professor

When I land a teleport outside a combo (predicting a fireball, let's say) what's my best follow up? The only thing I found while goofing around in training mode is teleport, f4, b2. While it gives you knock down and solid spacing, it's only good for 15%. Any recommendations?
Your best option of a teleport like this is a free jump in.
Since they are placed into a staggered state, you can jump in on them for free.
From here do the usual, block string, high/low, grab.

You can just TK lift into combo.

zaf

professor
You CANT TK lift after an empty teleport, opponents are placed into stagger state and can still block. So please do not do this, unless you like to get punished.

What stagger state actually is ( in case some do not know) is a state that the opponent is placed into, where they can not move, they can not attack, they can only block.

312 places your opponent into stagger,
22 does this as well
i dont know if f4 alone would be considered stagger state.... i would assume so.

Like kindred and i have mentioned, just do a jump in and 50/50

Well I learned something, does that mean that 22,TK lift doesn't really combo either? Because both of those have been pretty reliable for me in the past. That said I very, very rarely use Ermac's teleport when I play him.

zaf

professor
2,2 TK Lift used to be a combo.
2,2 into any special used to work actually. This was removed in one of the first patches of the game.

It is possible that this is working for you because of two things
1- you are playing on a console that is not updated yet
2- people you play do not block lol.

Also, 2,2 can still be used in combos. Like in ermacs BnB.

X string into TKL > Jump Kick > teleport > 2,2 > TKP

This is how it still works.

Neuvost

Noob
Great! It's good to know I've got options!

Also, that was one of the better explanations of stagger that I've heard.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
but if you cancel out of it fast enough they wont be able to wake up attack you
if they roll back, i cancel it anyways
but play the way you like for sure, there is no "right" way to play

as for blockstrigs Xstatic, i use 31 into grabs, 31 into another 31
i have recently started to do b1, into f4 by stopping at b1 and doing the f4, it doesnt chain what so ever but people know how b114 works so they will still block and f4 comes out fast enough

after a blocked f4, you are safe i believe, at least according to tom brady.
if it does miss, i just block or poke with d1
Yeah, if you cancel it fast but it's not worth the hassle. In the other thread I was saying, you'll never see B+2 in any serious match unless maybe you're in the corner. I prefer to just mix up with 50/50's highs/lows and throws, works just as well if not better :)

After a ex Tele you can do a tkl dash 22 tkp or just tkl tkp pretty decent combo. Also I hardly ever use Tele port and when I do its just for anti airs.

Quito

PSN : QuitoTheSecond
aye zaf your mind fuck whith back +2 : wake up work?
i was trying this morning and nothing go on
i try to jump : i get caught
i try to do wake up : same thing

zaf

professor
naw quito you're just bad man lol wtf...

of course it doesnt work.

You can easily beat my reset by doing a wake up move,
or "tech" ..this will make your character roll back on the ground.
to do this press any button when you hit the ground

or fuck it, just stay on the ground as i charge the move lol..

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Honestly, outside of random TK's and occassionally used in combos, not much....I like his enhanced TKP and TK lift and fireball far better honestly...they serve more of a purpose

Jay9k

Noob
Sup people been using ermac as a ''play around character'' ermac is no joke sometimes i can just destroy rushdown characters ermac ftw lol

i wish his ex tele worked like scorpion and was safe on block lol
You're not the only one on that, brother. I get a sense of envy when Scorpions do an EX Tele on me.

It's the same teleport and EX teleport only ours isn't safe on block.

MKTunka

Noob
I was all about the make till my house make got a hold of him. Now he flogs him and me. He can't be beat I need help..

Theme

Noob
Does anyone ever encounter a problem with Ermac and his jump kick into teleport?? I used to be able to do it easily anytime I wanted, but now, for some reason, I always mess it up. I either dont kick and just teleport, or I just kick and not teleport, or I kick and teleport too late. I dont know if its me inputting the buttons too fast or too slow, or me messing up or negative edge. Does anyone know why I am fu*king up like this?? Its making me fail with Ermac's BnB :(. Might just be me though..

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Does anyone ever encounter a problem with Ermac and his jump kick into teleport?? I used to be able to do it easily anytime I wanted, but now, for some reason, I always mess it up. I either dont kick and just teleport, or I just kick and not teleport, or I kick and teleport too late. I dont know if its me inputting the buttons too fast or too slow, or me messing up or negative edge. Does anyone know why I am fu*king up like this?? Its making me fail with Ermac's BnB :(. Might just be me though..
Happens to me too. Could be everything really. Maybe a few times you inputted the buttons wrongly, another time is negative edge, another time is lag.
I guess just go in practice and do it over and over again.

Got a few Ermac questions for you guys:

1. Does the beginning of Ermac's teleport animation (looks kind of like a hadoken) cancel projectiles? It seems to whenever a projectile impacts him at the moment of activation.

2. I've been using a different BnB combo that I think has several advantages over the standard jumpkick-telepunch one:
b1, 2, f1, telepunch, tk lift, dash, b1, 2, f1, dash, tk push
a. It does exactly the same damage as the standard one starting with b114.
b. It's much more consistent (for me, at least) since it doesn't rely on the sometimes sketchy (especially online) linking of the jump kick.
c. It looks way more stylish.
I can't imagine I'm the only one that found this one. So my question is: is there a reason I seem to be the only one using it?

Thanks, folks!

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Got a few Ermac questions for you guys:

1. Does the beginning of Ermac's teleport animation (looks kind of like a hadoken) cancel projectiles? It seems to whenever a projectile impacts him at the moment of activation.

2. I've been using a different BnB combo that I think has several advantages over the standard jumpkick-telepunch one:
b1, 2, f1, telepunch, tk lift, dash, b1, 2, f1, dash, tk push
a. It does exactly the same damage as the standard one starting with b114.
b. It's much more consistent (for me, at least) since it doesn't rely on the sometimes sketchy (especially online) linking of the jump kick.
c. It looks way more stylish.
I can't imagine I'm the only one that found this one. So my question is: is there a reason I seem to be the only one using it?

Thanks, folks!
1. never noticed that

2. I always drop the dash f1 etc after the teleport so I stick to my usual BnB:
b1, 1, 4, jpk, Teleport, dash, 1, 2, TKP -- 45%
The usual BnB that people do is the safest on block too i think (i might be wrong)

1. never noticed that

2. I always drop the dash f1 etc after the teleport so I stick to my usual BnB:
b1, 1, 4, jpk, Teleport, dash, 1, 2, TKP -- 45%
The usual BnB that people do is the safest on block too i think (i might be wrong)
1. Does that mean that it doesn't (negate projectiles), or just that if it does you've never noticed it.

2. The one I'm talking about only really has one (very slightly) difficult part, and that is getting the telepunch after the b1, 2, f1, because they don't cancel into one another, it's just a cold link. However, the rest is easy. Tacking the dash~TKP at the end is so easy it would be hit-confirmable (not that you have to hit confirm it, but if you had to, it's slow enough to do so). That combo is also useful because there are really only about 2 hits in it that are reliably breakerable.