What's new

Ermac Data

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
Some data and facts I've collected:

Armor: Ex BF2 (Not mentioned in movelist)

Attributes:
+Standard Health
+Disjointed attacks
+Every string has meterless launching routes
+Very decent walk speed
+Fast, choppy dashes that burst at the beginning of the animation. This gives him wild wavedash potential.
+Main Mid (B24) tool is a safe, two-part confirm, gapless, has a safe extension, vacuums in on block.
+Unique Grab Animation that will knowledge check.
+Buff makes this character tanky
+Really solid sweep thats neutral on block, sends ermac forward, and has no pushback
+BF3 has a lingering anti-air hitbox that reaches behind him and launches all while lowering Ermacs hurtbox.

-Anti Air game is mediocre outside of ExBF2 & BF3. And BF3 is slow at i20
-One of the slower buff activations/recoveries. [Its slower than Nitara, Ashrah, Shao, Tanya, etc]
-Armor move is a high.
-Relatively low damage
-No projectile or anti-projectile attacks
-Outside of BF2 range options become limited: kameo/dash in/teleport
-Despite their being 8 variations of Teleport, they can all be stand blocked and punished. No mix ups, no additonal hits, no flight shenanigans. Making this a combo/yolo tool.
Note: The air version can be floated or quick punished on landing.

Deaths Embrace:
-7 second duration
-Normal meter gain while active for all offensive maneuvers.
-Chips away at meter on block.
- 1bar of meter ≈ 14-18%
Note: This means that theoretically Ermac can block 55% combo damage

Ermac Dash Cancels:
-Be aware that any move that has more than 1 active frame (all of Ermacs) can have varying frame data if it hits during a later active frame.

The amount of frames you have to dash and link after these strings:

1 = +17
12 = +18
2 = +23
F2 = +15
S4 = +17

On block
Assumes airtight cancel and attack.

1 = -1
12 = -1
2 = -2
21 = 0
F2 = -1
S4 = -1

Confession: The block cancels could potentially be off by +/-1. I found 2 formulas to calculate the block cancel advantage but 1 is always +1 over the other. To be honest I dont know which of the two is correct because it's hard to tell if I did a perfect dash cancel into quickest possible button press. That's why i could not definitively test it. Can anyone potentially help?

Last edited:
I don't think any of his cancels are plus except for 1 ( stand 3). This is for both regular and ex. I just tested to see if I could trade stand 1s with ai and could not. Could be a skill issue, but I think normal cancel is -1 and ex cancel is 0. Both might be -1 tho

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Confirms that @UghGetOuttaHere's findings are pretty much spot on

Also for anyone who's wondering why they're all -20+ when you do them in practice, the frames don't stop being counted at the beginning of the dash, but at the end. So you have cancel the dash into a crouch on the first possible frame and then you'll get the right number. Was hella confused by this yesterday :confused:

CanoCano

Noob
Might also be worth nothing that you can't dash cancel out of BF1 or BF3 if you already dash canceled them once already in a combo, for example if i do S12 into DC BF1 then i can't dash cancel out of BF3 for the remainder of the combo, works the same the other way around
It was mentioned in the new PNDK&M video if you want a visual example

UghGetOuttaHere

Confirms that @UghGetOuttaHere's findings are pretty much spot on

View attachment 21561

Also for anyone who's wondering why they're all -20+ when you do them in practice, the frames don't stop being counted at the beginning of the dash, but at the end. So you have cancel the dash into a crouch on the first possible frame and then you'll get the right number. Was hella confused by this yesterday :confused:
I meant to reply to this when i first saw it. I was going to say that in comments of my Rain post I went over the the frame difference and the formula used to calculate. I failed to carry it over here though.

UghGetOuttaHere

Might also be worth nothing that you can't dash cancel out of BF1 or BF3 if you already dash canceled them once already in a combo, for example if i do S12 into DC BF1 then i can't dash cancel out of BF3 for the remainder of the combo, works the same the other way around
It was mentioned in the new PNDK&M video if you want a visual example
Yes youre right. This post was kinda spur of the moment/first impressions so its not really high on my priority list for updating.