What's new

Equivalents in other games of the genre

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
This idea sprung up initially because (a) Im looking to maybe get at least somewhat seriously into a couple other games of the genre and (b) I wanted to see what chars would be the best to transition to from my main Kitana, alt Ermac, and backup skarlet.

Then I realized I could just make an identical thread for all the character forums so that ppl could chime in on which chars are similar to play as in other games (or are "parallels")compared to a certain char and what not.

So this is for the sake of advice to those transitioning from the char to another game, and for the sake of just sparking some hopefully interesting discussion on character likenesses across different titles.

Just to clarify, an example might be: Sheeva is to MK what Tager is BBCS2, or ZZangief in SF...etc and then of course expand on why you think so.

Obviously whatever character forum this thread is in will be the character being likened/compared to others from other games.

Discuss.

Pagan

Noob
I would consider a character with a lot of similarities to be Eddie in the guilty gear series. Eddie's game was about keeping the opponent blocking with ground pressure while pushing them into the corner. Once you had them in the corner you put them in a low/high scenario where it would be impossible to block and then you followed up with a fairly meaty combo.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
After youtubing a couple of his matches I can def see how the high/lows pressure into the corner, altho his ground spikes and AA super def remind me more of Freddy. While he doesnt have a TP the way he descends on opps remind me a bit of QC's TP, where off a hit a mixup situation can ensue. Its funny you bring up Eddie since his parallel in Blaz is Arakune who is super awkward to control and play against but has all these slow yet tricky mixups, which again pressure to the corner, and makes things very shutdown from there.

He also has descending attacks from above that can either attack or place in front or behind the opp, just like QC's TP (he actually has alot of ways of doing this). Again off the attack he has the overhead-to-low mixups I believe. His curse drives MIGHT be similar to trance? Also cursing increases his attack presence so that might be like a damage boost of sorts.

Here is a video:

I can see Seth having similarities. The other two? Any explanation?
just for their randomness and guess right against everything fuerte does and against sakura dash under after ex tatsu...both of their mixups are just kind of basic like quans and reset into more "shenanigans".

i guess by far Ibuki is the best comparison in ssf4 to quan since both live and die off of their mixups but her mixup game is so godlike and has so much more depth than just block high/block low that i didnt want to say her. Someone going into street fighter wanting to play a quan chi type game though is only going to get it out of ibuki probably...only 10 times better. Just be sure to free up the next 6 months of your life for practice. Is hard to compare mk characters to sf characters because of the great distance in depth the two games have.