What's new

Breakthrough - Kung Lao [EO Beta Closed] Kung Lao Beta Changes Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Post all you can find about Lao in the beta here in this thread.
:coffee:

Ex orbiting hat is no longer +12 ( +7)

J2 is normalized

Dmg scaling on hat links into 44 (3 to 4% less)

Ex spin sucks you in on block

ex orbiting hat +7........

thats it im done, I knewwww they were gonna do something dumb like this, and its more than likely gonna stick because lol. Im officially done with mkx until further notice.

Agilaz

It has begun
ex orbiting hat +7........

thats it im done, I knewwww they were gonna do something dumb like this, and its more than likely gonna stick because lol. Im officially done with mkx until further notice.
I'm just going to take a moment and revel in this post. If these changes go through, I can't wait to see all those "Kung Lao loyalists from day 1 bruh" eat their fucking words.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm just going to take a moment and revel in this post. If these changes go through, I can't wait to see all those "Kung Lao loyalists from day 1 bruh" eat their fucking words.
You mean "Tempest loyalist from day one bruh"

Anyway, ppl checking hat trick, just tag me if you find anything different, even if combos does less damage, it would confirm if 44 has damage protection as well.

Can someone check a few stuffs for hat trick? the list is long because we don't know what has been given to him, probably nothing.

Does hat call back still whiffs on characters crouching or crouch blocking?( The hat trajectory alters at some point to track KL's head)
Does Hat call back still has different juggle height if hits someone crouching?
Does above hat trap still has no additional commands to place the hat above but in front of Lao and above but behind?
Does ex HCB has armor?
Does above hat hits overhead?
Can he HCB out of teleports?
Can he place hat traps while in the air?
Can he he attack after an air HCB?

Can he finally extend or have a form of link combos if the hat is above or behind him for damage extension?
Does he has any specific string while hatless
can he at least spin without the hat?
Can someone quickly scroll through Hat Trick's frame data and post it here for comparison?

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
and lol at ex spin that sucks you on block... hope you scrubs are now happy, maybe you'll learn to punish a -28 one day
just my words bro
mkx skill level gets watered down with each patch :( If people keep complaining we ll have mkx with one button left.

Carl

Noob
I wonder if anyone noticed any changes in buzzsaw?

As for the tempest nerfs i can adapt to these as ive adapted to his other 3 previous nerfs.
Also the spin sucking you in on block lollll. Im amazed how no one can punish a -28 move these days. Since it sucks you in i think it should be -10 on block which sounds fair.

TheGoldenJew

PSN: The_Golden_Jew1
These nerfs seem semi significant. Not having a guaranteed d4 after ex hat is slightly disappointing. Still think he shouldnt drop too far but wont tell til i get a beta code. Would love to hear what @A F0xy Grampa thinks

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
These nerfs seem semi significant. Not having a guaranteed d4 after ex hat is slightly disappointing. Still think he shouldnt drop too far but wont tell til i get a beta code. Would love to hear what @A F0xy Grampa thinks
I think its stupid how hat trick and buzz saw dont get buffed, and how the 2f link gets nerfed, and you're right, no guaranteed d4 is sort of a problem, but not as much of a problem as characters with 7f normals being able to intrerupt B3 after ex hat on block, wtf is that all about?

I'd be more pissed off if I hadnt started learning my secondary

TheGoldenJew

PSN: The_Golden_Jew1
I think its stupid how hat trick and buzz saw dont get buffed, and how the 2f link gets nerfed, and you're right, no guaranteed d4 is sort of a problem, but not as much of a problem as characters with 7f normals being able to intrerupt B3 after ex hat on block, wtf is that all about?

I'd be more pissed off if I hadnt started learning my secondary
Yeah its pretty messed up...theres an alleged cooldown on the hat on b321-ex hat repeat also....atleast let the hat come back immediately so we have f2-hat as an option after ex hat.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
These nerfs r clearly a result of the vast majority of people who play the game not traveling offline. The ex spin sucking the opponent in for an 'easier' punish makes it pretty apparent that theyre catering to the casual player.
They're catering for what TYM cries, some of these changes feels like a direct response to what ppl has been crying. I don't really play tempest but i can understand how bad this is.

Like wtf, nerfing a 2f link?

Status
Not open for further replies.