What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn [EO Beta Closed] Kotal Kahn Beta Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Some EN Totems would have been good fun, but yeah, the improved pizza will definitely be nice for Blood and Sun.

Gofer_MK_

Banned
I don't understand.... so b1, choke is a serious nerf or was it pretty usless because it was easy to avoid (if so why do people complain about it being gone)? I see contradictory statements in this thread.

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
Damn, why there are no buffs for the Blood god?!
Give him:
1) 1 hit armor for blood totem;
2) 1 hit armor for ex-df1 (only in BG);
3) reduced Blood Offering recovery and Sun Ray recovery.
That's all we need for now...

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
He's fine.

There was no way he wasn't going to be a top 4 character if his tick throw wasn't taken away.

What he's currently become is a character who has a harder time grabbing you in neutral but a much easier time doing so up close. Now you can do things like counterpoking with low pokes into command grab and they must armour, backdash or jump in response. He's an entirely footsie based character until he gets in your face. Every time you are next to someone you can throw out a mid or a low and not care if it hits or not.

Which means that people don't want to be close to you whatsoever anymore, making them even easier to get caught by your caught normals.

EX Sunstone absorbing projectiles is a pretty great buff, you can now reliably knock down zoners on a read and have enough advantage to run at them.

The B2 nerf is the most uneccesary, that move was very good to end rounds with and it did a good amount of damage to beat armoured wakeups if they were low enough HP.

B14 is still a gimmick. Most characters in the game have armour fast enough to punish B14 no matter what, it'll only be a legitimate thing to do if the cancel advantage has been upped.

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
The B2 nerf is the most uneccesary, that move was very good to end rounds with and it did a good amount of damage to beat armoured wakeups if they were low enough HP.
i think B2 is still the same. what is the nerf that you are talking about ?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
B2 was always 25f on startup. shame they didn't make it -1 on block though instead we get -6. that move is way too slow.
I didn't remember correctly then.

It's supposed to be used as a finisher or if you're desperate for a knockdown and noone's blocking it on reaction with all the other shit kotal can do so it does what it's supposed to.

mattnin

Noob
NOOBS, PLEASE STOP WHINING ABOUT BLOOD GOD WAKEUP ARMOR! I've been playing Blood God since the beginning, he does NOT need it. Blood God can stand toe-to-toe against any character variation. If you get trapped, use one of his best-in-class pokes and footsie your way out. Just because you noobs had the easy button with other characters doesn't mean Blood God needs it too.

E

Eldriken

NOOBS, PLEASE STOP WHINING ABOUT BLOOD GOD WAKEUP ARMOR! I've been playing Blood God since the beginning, he does NOT need it. Blood God can stand toe-to-toe against any character variation. If you get trapped, use one of his best-in-class pokes and footsie your way out. Just because you noobs had the easy button with other characters doesn't mean Blood God needs it too.
Agreed. Blood God doesn't even need a shitty armored wakeup. He's fine as is.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Played a few hours of sun god last night. People that don't know about the gap after B14 eat shit all day now because of the new b14~command grab on hit.

Gotta be honest, I adjusted to not using b1~CG quite easily. However b1 is basically just a punisher now, unless you're ok with using meter to keep the follow up safer. Even then it's not safe.

IIWade3II

Kuff Botal
Great to see all this kotal players who have never been to a tourney complain about b1 not ticking lmao. If your opponent isnt just eating back 1s and hitting you for 50% when you whiff they dont know the MU.

Ant perez

PerezGomez
Honestly,I'm fine with b1 not tick throwing anymore lol offline it gets blown up pretty much all the time so I've kind of steered away from it.

LavaG

Representing Gamers Republic GH
B14 is still a gimmick. Most characters in the game have armour fast enough to punish B14 no matter what, it'll only be a legitimate thing to do if the cancel advantage has been upped.
You don't even need armor to punish, u can punish that on reaction with Liu kang's F4 whose start up is 10 ,, frames, so any thing faster works

Status
Not open for further replies.