What's new

EMPR_GIG_Ominous wins AB5 for MK9 (vids included)

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
Wrapping up Absolute Battle 5, the Dallas area MK crew organized and hosted it's own MK9 tournament Sunday night. Exhausted from the long weekend of Injustice and KI, several players left early and were not able to attend the MK tourney. Nonetheless, it did not prevent the Dallas scene from hosting a tournament with stiff competition resulting in an extremely close top 4 that was not short on hype.

Due to the sheer number of matches, only the top 4 was recorded and is posted below. Due to technical difficulties while recording, both semi finals and grand finals were recorded in parts.

Grand finals result:
EMPR_GIG_Ominous(jax)-5 Fractured_shadow(kenshi)-3

Semi Finals result:
A_SECTS_DEFENDER(smoke)-3 EMPR_CaptainBeast(kung lao)-2

Semi Finals
Grand Finals

Edited and promoted by Goldy

Last edited by a moderator:

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Good sets guys... I'm still salty about second place lol... I screwed up one too many times and Wolf made me pay for each mistake...

You guys should come out to Benjamin Buttons #2 featuring MK9 & Injustice this time. I don't have all your numbers, but @BigMilk said he would contact y'all to see if you can make it. It's Saturday at 6:00pm in Grapevine, TX. You can PM me for more details or join the facebook group. Lone Star Prime

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
That Lao needed more divekicks and delayed tele3, too many instant tele3s when he could have whiff punish strings.
And KL can be played at a faster speed. 7/10 on the the Bird Lao scale.

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
That Lao needed more divekicks and delayed tele3, too many instant tele3s when he could have whiff punish strings.
And KL can be played at a faster speed. 7/10 on the the Bird Lao scale.
yeah, ive played him online and he knows whats up with lao (i was the smoke btw) but we were both playing a little sloppy at the beginning trying to adjust to the monitor. the last 1-2 matches looked considerably better, it came down to the wire all the way down the last round.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
yeah, ive played him online and he knows whats up with lao (i was the smoke btw) but we were both playing a little sloppy at the beginning trying to adjust to the monitor. the last 1-2 matches looked considerably better, it came down to the wire all the way down the last round.
Yup, he blocked too much and he could had rape you in the corner with fast crazy jump teleport set ups after knockdowns.

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
Yup, he blocked too much and he could had rape you in the corner with fast crazy jump teleport set ups after knockdowns.
haha well he was respecting me alot because this was our second set, the first set was 3-1 me because he tried to bird a little too hard. he was just trying to play it patient this time