What's new

EMP KDZ wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at King of the Monsters!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
We truly thank you, the players and viewers, for bringing so much life and support to tonight's King of the Monsters tournament at the Dave & Buster's venue in New York. Each shred of competition has forever left its marks on the souls of the participants and those who bore witness to the struggle for victory. Now, after crowning two Kings of the Monsters for Mortal Kombat 9 and Killer Instinct, a third crown is bestowed upon EMP KDZ for his triumph over RM PTH Rev0lver, in a Grand Finals that would capture the heated rivalry between Lex Luthor and Superman. The course that the matches took would throw everyone's minds and spirits into chaos.

Injustice Winner for King of the Monsters.png
This tournament was truly a clash of the titans, for an uncounted amount of notable names were mixed in with a blend of new faces at this tournament. Shout-outs to guys like @DarthArma, @rev0lver, @KDZ, @Tom Brady, @Maxter, @Cossner, Grr, and the return of OBS KN @REO. Nobody could have drawn the conclusion that would wrap up the last few legs of this epic Injustice tournament.

In a Grand Finals that captures the truest nature of a comic book battle between the hero and the villain, Rev0lver's technological menaces quickly deliver to him the upper hand in battle. But much to the shock of all present, KDZ slowly discovers the errors in his foe's mechanisms and blasts his way through to victory with the legendary KDZ special...Superman's Kryptonian Crush! We can only give our highest respects to KDZ for achieving such a momentous comeback and showing why he is truly the Man of Steel!

Congratulations, Phil! And our thanks go out to Kombat Network for making it possible for us to witness the course of this great tournament! With that, we bid farewell to the first season of the Monster Island tournament series hosted by @RapZiLLa54. Look out for the second season in the near future!

UPDATE: Archive available! Please skip to 4:29:00 to catch the start of the Injustice tournament.

http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/558838172

Update 2: Match footage now released!

Loser Semi: For Season 1 MVP @R.E.O. vs @KDZ

Winner Final: @rev0lver vs @Maxter

Loser Final: @KDZ vs @Maxter

Grand Final: @KDZ vs @rev0lver

Most Frauded Place :DOGE

Pools

Alan (Superman): 0 vs. EMP KDZ (Aquaman): 3

EMPR Grr (The Joker): 2 vs. VSM EMP Maxter (Lobo and Hawkgirl): 3

RG Tom Brady (Aquaman): 0 vs. VSM EMP Maxter (Hawkgirl): 3

PTH RM Rev0lver (Lex Luthor): 3 vs. EMP KDZ (Superman): 0

Cossner (Green Arrow): 1 vs. RM EMP DarthArma (Batman): 3

RM EMP DarthArma (Batman): 0 vs. EMP KDZ (Wonder Woman): 3

Loser's Semifinals

OBS KN REO (Martian Manhunter): 2 vs. EMP KDZ (Superman and Wonder Woman): 3

Winner's Finals

PTH RM Rev0lver (Lex Luthor): 3 vs. VSM EMP Maxter (Hawkgirl): 0

Loser's Finals

EMP KDZ (Superman): 3 vs. VSM EMP Maxter (Hawkgirl): 0

Grand Finals

PTH RM Rev0lver (Lex Luthor): 1 vs. EMP KDZ (Superman): 3

Grand Finals (with brackets reset by KDZ)

PTH RM Rev0lver (Lex Luthor): 0 vs. EMP KDZ (Superman): 3

Last edited:

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Before anyone points out other errors in my article, I just found them and corrected them. My apologies, I just got in a hurry to get this up and have been moving around all day.

JDM

Noob
I super all the time in tournament, especially in certain MUs.

That said, it does depend on the character. A lot of characters' supers just are not worth it.
Supers are great. They break armor, have armor and deal unclashable damage.

Great way to end a match reliably. And they are very easy to react with (Two button supers ftw).