What's new

Elden Ring (DLC Announced!)

Invasions not really fun to me at least. You are always facing 3 people if not they summon them right away. They stay in one spot out in the open and just wait. Usually a mage and a tank you get close they do rot breath while mage shoots magic at you and the other person chases you down with the other shooting lightning bolts at you. I have done at least a hundred invasion and 90% of them are just as I described.

You may get lucky and catch people while they are fighting a tough open world boss but thats random. I was super excited for them but they ended up pretty lame and not worth the time. I may be missing something but once you start invading people that are geared and grouped it is rough as fuck.
Gotta get creative. Slap on that cooperator's mirror or place a Grace Mimic if you're ahead of the host in zone (read about someone doing this, hilariously clever).
Or classic Mimic Veil fuckery.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Invasions not really fun to me at least. You are always facing 3 people if not they summon them right away. They stay in one spot out in the open and just wait. Usually a mage and a tank you get close they do rot breath while mage shoots magic at you and the other person chases you down with the other shooting lightning bolts at you. I have done at least a hundred invasion and 90% of them are just as I described.

You may get lucky and catch people while they are fighting a tough open world boss but thats random. I was super excited for them but they ended up pretty lame and not worth the time. I may be missing something but once you start invading people that are geared and grouped it is rough as fuck.
They run out of magic eventually. You gotta essentially run around making them waste as much FP and flasks as possible. And they also will get impatient & overconfident and they’ll separate if you’re good at dodging. That’s also why I want the Bloodhound Step, it’s just a good Ash overall, but definitely super useful from what I’ve seen for invasions and even just 1v1 duels.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Gotta get creative. Slap on that cooperator's mirror or place a Grace Mimic if you're ahead of the host in zone (read about someone doing this, hilariously clever).
Or classic Mimic Veil fuckery.
They run out of magic eventually. You gotta essentially run around making them waste as much FP and flasks as possible. And they also will get impatient & overconfident and they’ll separate if you’re good at dodging. That’s also why I want the Bloodhound Step, it’s just a good Ash overall, but definitely super useful from what I’ve seen for invasions and even just 1v1 duels.
I have tried it all, people don't wander when they in groups tried veil mimic mirror. I can get people that don't know what they are doing but once I invade a group that knows whats up they just wait 10+ mins. There is no sneaking up on that.

My dodging is solid but when you got so much stuff coming at you at once you run out of stamina before they run out of magic plus they got more flasks than you.

When you invade a group with 3 op builds just like yours you will get basically 2 shot if you miss 1 dodge and its gg.

Please feel free to share clips of invading a full party of a geared group though I wanna see what I can improve.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I have tried it all, people don't wander when they in groups tried veil mimic mirror. I can get people that don't know what they are doing but once I invade a group that knows whats up they just wait 10+ mins. There is no sneaking up on that.

My dodging is solid but when you got so much stuff coming at you at once you run out of stamina before they run out of magic plus they got more flasks than you.

When you invade a group with 3 op builds just like yours you will get basically 2 shot if you miss 1 dodge and its gg.

Please feel free to share clips of invading a full party of a geared group though I wanna see what I can improve.
I added several YouTube channels to the OP that do just this. Check out ChaseTheBro’s channel namely.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I added several YouTube channels to the OP that do just this. Check out ChaseTheBro’s channel namely.
I watched a couple of his videos, I couldn't find out what lvl he was but god damn no one did any damage to him in the matches I watched. Does he upload failed invasions I didnt see any in my brief look.

dude def good, I don't think I could ever play that much to be on his lvl. I wanna see some normal people get fucked up like myself haha.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Dude made it look like Justin wong vs asianlamb in mkx lol

That def made me more motivated to get better for sure but he has so much knowledge of every weapon and AoW its pretty intimidating.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I watched a couple of his videos, I couldn't find out what lvl he was but god damn no one did any damage to him in the matches I watched. Does he upload failed invasions I didnt see any in my brief look.

dude def good, I don't think I could ever play that much to be on his lvl. I wanna see some normal people get fucked up like myself haha.
Yeah the whole having like 15 weapons he switches in and out from mid fight is something I’ve never been too great at in Souls PvP. Just seems like so much work to even level that many weapons to begin with. But when you make your living making those videos or streams, it’s a lot easier. That’s also how he got so good. Just like how anyone gets good at anything or any game, practice practice practice. But yeah, I’m decent at duels, never been too great at fighting ganks in invasions. Plus I just find duels way more fun.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Yeah the whole having like 15 weapons he switches in and out from mid fight is something I’ve never been too great at in Souls PvP. Just seems like so much work to even level that many weapons to begin with. But when you make your living making those videos or streams, it’s a lot easier. That’s also how he got so good. Just like how anyone gets good at anything or any game, practice practice practice. But yeah, I’m decent at duels, never been too great at fighting ganks in invasions. Plus I just find duels way more fun.
Yeah that dude definitely a outlier and has practiced his off but for normal people with a job we aint coming close to his lvl. I wanna see him invade 3 people of his skill lvl which I doubt is even possible.

This is my first time playing any souls related pvp and I dont have shit for weapons lvled except the ones I am using. I havent done dues much I have tried but they take so long and half the time people were crazy laggy. I assume you setup duels on discord or whatever as to not waste time?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah that dude definitely a outlier and has practiced his off but for normal people with a job we aint coming close to his lvl. I wanna see him invade 3 people of his skill lvl which I doubt is even possible.

This is my first time playing any souls related pvp and I dont have shit for weapons lvled except the ones I am using. I havent done dues much I have tried but they take so long and half the time people were crazy laggy. I assume you setup duels on discord or whatever as to not waste time?
Well you can setup duels that way definitely. In previous souls games, there were random “fight clubs” where you’d put your red summon sign down, the host would summon you, and there’d be a “KoTH” type fight club. Where the winner stayed and the next invader/red summon would fight you next, and this would continue until you lost. There was also Arenas in DS1-DS3, where it was essentially matchmaking through the game and it would put you into a duel specific arena and there was also a sort of ranking system too. And the healing flasks were disabled in the arena. They might add that to Elden Ring with DLC. It was DLC in DS1, and it might’ve been DLC in DS3 but can’t remember.

If there's any sort of pvp arena introduced later it'll involve all of the colosseums we currently can't enter. Modders who have peeked inside report an extremely detailed interior that looks squarely intended for such gameplay, but could be cut too.

Would be a damn shame though.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm still dog shit and have only managed to get 5 hrs in total (such as life), but my favorite thing so far is that making any addition can feel like a different game. Being able to throw a fireball, and the quick step ash of war for another defensive option has made the game feel so much more fun. I'm in no way playing even close to optimal, and some guys really far down the rabbit hole would probably say I'm not even playing it "correct", but idc im digging it. Enemies I used to have to cheese I can just bulldoze through. Still pretty much bottom of the barrel but I'm excited to get better. Excited to explore when I get some time off from work very soon.

Also how do you re-spec your character?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'm still dog shit and have only managed to get 5 hrs in total (such as life), but my favorite thing so far is that making any addition can feel like a different game. Being able to throw a fireball, and the quick step ash of war for another defensive option has made the game feel so much more fun. I'm in no way playing even close to optimal, and some guys really far down the rabbit hole would probably say I'm not even playing it "correct", but idc im digging it. Enemies I used to have to cheese I can just bulldoze through. Still pretty much bottom of the barrel but I'm excited to get better. Excited to explore when I get some time off from work very soon.

Also how do you re-spec your character?
You get the option later in the game. You won’t miss it.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This Ash is so hilariously good. Yeah it can be countered, but I definitely can see it being one of the first things getting nerfed tbh. It’s good in all the situations, PvE, AS a gank, VS a gank, and 1v1. The range and damage is just wild. Anyway, another 3v1 invasion. They fkn owned me super quickly in the beginning AND prevented me from healing at the same time… sheeesh!

Notice the bait on the twinsword blood guy, baited an attack to get a free heal in, and it worked like a charm, lol.

@Trustful_Whale @Sutter Pain @Dankster Morgan @Saboteur-6 @Arqwart @Vslayer

Gets even more busted when you combine it with Determination or Royal Knight's Resolve on the offhand.
I've been running double RKR on both my whips and it totally blasts things when double buffed and using jump dual attacks, or can keep the left hand buffed and get double damage on the right for 10 seconds. I imagine whips aren't even nearly the best damage option when considering what weapon to apply this too.

Since it buffs the weapon that also includes its skill so your Hoarfrost Stomp will also be dealing double damage this way. Clearly a bug so we'll see if they actually ever fix it or just reflex nerf lightning or some shit.

Bleed is probably still king, but repeated Frostbite procs followed by a touch of fire damage will reset the status and allow you to reapply Frostbite to the target.
Honestly just makes me wanna put together a Sub-Zero build with Frost+Bleed and just be a douche to people.

Last edited:

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Lmao forget everything I just said. It's all gone.

A new NPC is kinda sick.
Praise be unto lowered FP costs. Pebble's reign ends.

EDIT: jokes aside, there's a good 5 spells on that reduced cost list that I use regularly. That should help a LOT in the long run.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
FP cost changes of sorceries for those curious. Some of these are quite a big drop in cost considering a point in Mind only gives ~6 FP.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
View attachment 18556
FP cost changes of sorceries for those curious. Some of these are quite a big drop in cost considering a point in Mind only gives ~6 FP.
It feels weird that sorceries in general got so many buffs. I never have used them, it just seemed like they were already pretty good and fine. But like I said, I haven’t used any. I don’t really use sorceries on my first playthrough.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Found a ridiculous Rune farm. Where I can get 3.4mil runes an hour. And you can get more if you farm for a shit ton of the Gold-Pickled Fowl Foot, which I don’t think is even worth it tbh. But I do think it’s worth getting the Gold Scarab Talisman. You get roughly 50k runes a minute, it’s nutty!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So yeah, the damage on the Hoarfrost Stomp got nerfed harder than I was expecting. I’m not sure how worth it is to use anymore honestly, at least in PvE. The AoE is still probably good to use in PvP, especially in 3v1’s. I’ll test it in invasions when I get the chance.

What’s that in reference to?

Hoarfrost seems fine, just balanced now and not an afk win button anymore and will take more of your FP bar for spamming it. I'm thinkin actually building INT will be required in order to make frost things like this anywhere near what they were, which sounds appropriate imo. Then again I haven't experimented much with cold builds outside of the stomp either.

What’s that in reference to?
Deathblight aura exploit due to a bug with the fire spell there; lights the caster on fire and ticks damage in an aura, but unintentially could also propagate other damage types via those ticks and trigger status build up so combining it with the Eclipse Shotel's weapon skill resulted in constant unavoidable stacking of death status on players just by being near them.

Counterable but really unhealthy for the game and obviously not meant to be there, so it's out. Similar combo could be done with Tree Sentinel's spell reflecting shield.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Hoarfrost seems fine, just balanced now and not an afk win button anymore and will take more of your FP bar for spamming it. I'm thinkin actually building INT will be required in order to make frost things like this anywhere near what they were, which sounds appropriate imo. Then again I haven't experimented much with cold builds outside of the stomp either.

Deathblight aura exploit due to a bug with the fire spell there; lights the caster on fire and ticks damage in an aura, but unintentially could also propagate other damage types via those ticks and trigger status build up so combining it with the Eclipse Shotel's weapon skill resulted in constant unavoidable stacking of death status on players just by being near them.

Counterable but really unhealthy for the game and obviously not meant to be there, so it's out. Similar combo could be done with Tree Sentinel's spell reflecting shield.
Oooh, I think someone did that to me in an invasion. They just ran up to me, didn’t attack, but I was dying very quickly from whatever the hell they were doing. I died within like 2 seconds…

And I’ll need to do more testing especially in PvP, but yeah, they definitely super nerfed the damage of Hoarfrost Stomp. Doubt you’ll see it anywhere NEAR as much as pre-patch.