What's new

ECT3 Roundtable Discussion

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Once we get the confirmed people, we can start discussing this.

Right now, who I'm trying to get is...
BigE, SweetJohnnyCage, HuBBs, LIJOE, MarkMan, Sabin w/ Phil hosting.

taken from the Team Sp00ky thread:
No problem at all, Sabin. As far as TYM is concerned Team Sp00ky and iPW have our 100% support and if you guys ever need anything do not hesitate to ask. We like to consider ourselves "involved" with the fighting game community and from me saying that our commitment only goes deeper and deeper. It's an honor to have you guys on TYM as well, seriously... it is. I actually approved your account while I was at work and I was like, "Holy shit! Sabin!?!?" lol, no lie.

And yes, the next tournament I am planning to go to is ECT3 and as far as the Roundtable discussion, speaking of it, would you like to be a part of the one we do there? I told the guys at Winter Brawl that I'm going to push to get one of these done at every tournament I can and each time with different guests. Most likely, Phil will host it as he has a special way with words, let's just say that. But, also having you involved as well as (my original plan for the next Roundtable) was to have SweetJohnnyCage, BigE, HubbS , LIJOE, MarkMan and Sabin. If you'd be up for it?

The main topis this time around will be "from the ground up" so-to-speak... basically how these got started with running these tournaments, words of wisdom, inspiring others to follow in similar footsteps of at least just start be "coming out" to these events. What we'll do is write up an organized line of questions and you will all basically take turns giving your thoughts. I will "direct" it, I'll be the camera guy.

Also, depending on where we do this, whether it can be done in a quiet place we will definitely need working mics... because as many are aware - the last and first roundtable discussion was poor in sound quality. I actually sent it to SRK for them to post, but they respectfully declined and for very understandable reason.

But yes, please let me know if this would interest you and we could definitely begin planning this soon.

Sabin

Elder God
In there, just gotta get in touch with everyone including LI Joe and SJCage to make sure we can hash out details. After PDP I'll bring this to Spooky's attention once he's not so burned out lol.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Sabin mentioned the possibility of having this streamed... what do you guys think of that? Also, granted, depending if it does nd of being a possibility.

If not, recording it would be just as good, because it could then be a iPWxTSxTYM kind of exclusive OR "streamed" via Team Sp00ky AND recorded... I dunno thoughts are just rolling.

Give some thoughts

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
In there, just gotta get in touch with everyone including LI Joe and SJCage to make sure we can hash out details. After PDP I'll bring this to Spooky's attention once he's not so burned out lol.
I sent you the same PM that everyone else received and they now all have access to this forum. I want to keep this as "quiet" in a sense as possible so that we can give a nice surprise come ECT3.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Just talked to vic before he left for PDP hes on board to stream it.
Awesome!

Also, HuBBs I would like to get have this Roundtable discussion done on the Saturday night after everything calms down a bit. The very first one was actually barely done... even ask Shock. I pushed and pushed for the guys to help me with this and it came through nicely for a first. And with you guys streaming it... it will be GDLK. Are we going to have enough mics/headsets?

Also, once we get Eric, MarkMan, SJC and LIJOE to confirm, we can really start planning this from there. I already have general topic coverage that I'll post for you guys soon.

A very important note with this also is that... this discussion is meant to be for the entire FGC and that is why we have crucial guests appear on it such as (hopefully) MarkMan, BigE, HuBBs, LIJOE, SJCage, etc. It's not about Mortal Kombat and it's not about saying, "hey, fuck Tekken or fuck SF... " it's about saying to the community that Mortal Kombat is here to really support and stand by the sides of the FGC and support it 100%. MK needs to be embraced by the FGC in order to continue to survive at a tournament level and what we have from MK9 we have to take care of it and use it for the good of the community. It's about the FGC as a whole.

LI_Joe

Noob
Sorry so late. Of course im in guys! I think the stream is a good idea also. Do you think we could incorporate the people in the stream somehow? Maybe open it up for questions? Or have someones account taking all questions in PMs? Just to give the stream a kick of excitement.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Sorry so late. Of course im in guys! I think the stream is a good idea also. Do you think we could incorporate the people in the stream somehow? Maybe open it up for questions? Or have someones account taking all questions in PMs? Just to give the stream a kick of excitement.
Yes^ I totally agree with this... maybe done through TYM's or TS's twitter account? Either way, I think this would dominate.

Also guys, once everything is set and confirmed, which I will work with Phil on the topics at hand... once everything is done and organized we can start advertising it.

Thoughts?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Still need to hear back from MarkMan... I'm gonna guess he's a "No." but I'll wait to hear a final word...

So confirmed, LIJoe, Sabin, HuBBs, BigE, SJCage, Phil (9.95), and whether or not I'll be in it, depending on if I need to be the camera guy or not.

So, we're looking at 6-7 right now, so I'm thinking that I should just "direct" it.

Tim Static

Adminerator
if i do make it there, and there is a very high chance for that, i will weasel my way in there somehow. :coffee:

Also, i will say this too, Phil, stop bashing MK9 with little in direct comments on twitter. I tell people to follow you then i get messages asking why your so negative about the game. I understand what you mean and how you feel, but what you do and say, especially now is under a bigger microscope than even before. But saying that then taking part in stuff like this will seem like a huge oxymoron. Sorry to call you out, but i got 7-8 messages today about the comment/reply to Shock. fyi

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
You better make it out... you have the banner. Lmao! No but seriously its been since SJ since we've chilled! :(

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Is there any particular topics you guys want to discuss other than "from the ground up", what this Roundtable will be called.

The questions and discussion will revolve around how you guys started, what inspired you to start, your plans for the future, memorable moments, advice you'd like to give to others, etc.

Sabin

Elder God
Yeah pretty much ball is in your guys court as far as what you guys want to talk about. Maybe we should talk about the topic of some ppl wanting MK tourneys to separate from SF tourneys? I disagree and I think that the network that was already built up on capcom games should be used to blow up MK (since a lot of the ppl doing streams for SF play multiple games, as long as they are good) But not everyone agrees.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Yeah pretty much ball is in your guys court as far as what you guys want to talk about. Maybe we should talk about the topic of some ppl wanting MK tourneys to separate from SF tourneys? I disagree and I think that the network that was already built up on capcom games should be used to blow up MK (since a lot of the ppl doing streams for SF play multiple games, as long as they are good) But not everyone agrees.
MK is no more special than any other fighter. A fighting game earns its spot amongst the communitys support and devotion. For MK to survive on its own... well it shouldn't have to. Its called a community for a reason, the FGC. Having all.respective fighters at one event is the way it should be. And only then will people gain respect for the game and the community behind it.

Sabin

Elder God
I agree with that sentiment brother. If solely for the reason that we would not be able to fill ballrooms and pay for venue fees to pay for said hotels if it was not for having all the big games at the same tournament. lol. I don't understand why the MK9 guys wanna break off..well I do understand but I think theyre a bit misguided