What's new

easy character for beginners

Vagrant

Noob
I said nothing about DS, im just justifying in comparison with other chars BA is not easy to Learn,,, winning tourneys alot doesn't mean easy to play, just means has the right tools, but doesn't mean there easy to use

Edit: dont really know if your agreeing with me, or arguing against me

Totally misread the context of what you said. Ignore me I'm losing it.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Change the controls to alternate scheme in the options. No more back-forward moves. They turn into half circles.
Yeah, but they are longer and slower. And people can see when Im full screen and I duck, haha. I can't do any combos that require those motions either bc its too long and I end up missing the input time for it. :( #firstworldprobs

PJbottoms

The Impact-Dampened Boogerator
Yeah, but they are longer and slower. And people can see when Im full screen and I duck, haha. I can't do any combos that require those motions either bc its too long and I end up missing the input time for it. :( #firstworldprobs

If you're doing a half circle and seeing your character duck, you're doing the motion way too slow. And practice makes perfect for either this or the back-forward motions. Just keep at it, use training mode, and it will eventually "click" for you. Trust me, I'm 40 and my reactions and coordination are totally going in the shitter by this point and I can still do these things lol.

Now if I could just remember long combos I'd be set. Ahhh to be 20 years younger :D

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Okay try doing Black Adams BnB 10 times in row and see how that goes
Oh yeah right....MB Cage,B3,J3,B23 1+3= 40% for 4 COMMANDS!!! Are you kidding me?! I've noticed a trend where BA players overrate how difficult it is to use BA. Believe me it's not that hard. Not to mention he's got ALL the tools plus he jumps the highest out of the whole cast.
To the False Prophets, stop preaching on how Deathstroke is beginner friendly. Deathstoke is equally as frame sensitive as Kabal, and my Kabal is identical to DoctrineDark's Kabal. One mistake with Deathstroke and it will be devastating. He does not have easy 50/50s he's not KF.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
If you're doing a half circle and seeing your character duck, you're doing the motion way too slow. And practice makes perfect for either this or the back-forward motions. Just keep at it, use training mode, and it will eventually "click" for you. Trust me, I'm 40 and my reactions and coordination are totally going in the shitter by this point and I can still do these things lol.

Now if I could just remember long combos I'd be set. Ahhh to be 20 years younger :D
I'm on a fight pad, so the d pad is pretty big, I dunno how else to do it. I swipe my thumb as fast as I can and they still duck or it doesn't come out bc I missed a corner input.

NoobSaibot

PSN: JP_THUNDA
Grundy hands down, took me less than 10 minutes to figure out a 50% combo with one bar going all the way up to 76% (might be 78&) with 3 bars. Plus if he gets you in the corner its practically over.

redeyes

Button Masher
Oh yeah right....MB Cage,B3,J3,B23 1+3= 40% for 4 COMMANDS!!! Are you kidding me?! I've noticed a trend where BA players overrate how difficult it is to use BA. Believe me it's not that hard. Not to mention he's got ALL the tools plus he jumps the highest out of the whole cast.
To the False Prophets, stop preaching on how Deathstroke is beginner friendly. Deathstoke is equally as frame sensitive as Kabal, and my Kabal is identical to DoctrineDark's Kabal. One mistake with Deathstroke and it will be devastating. He does not have easy 50/50s he's not KF.

try

b2 3 11 BM b23 u1+3 10 times recorded right now.

MDS

Shotguns & Grapplers
I would recommend using Lex, even if its only for a few matches to try him out.
It's actually possible to win many ranked matches using only jump 3, corps charge & d1 all match, thats how I started as a beginner two weeks ago :)

Breaker

~AKUMA~
try

b2 3 11 BM b23 u1+3 10 times recorded right now.
I can do that a 100x, no I don't think I'm godlike in fighting games however I do know that I am godlike when it comes to executions and combos, I can pretty much replicate any combo that CHECH4900 does.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I can do that a 100x, no I don't think I'm godlike in fighting games however I do know that I am godlike when it comes to executions and combos, I can pretty much replicate any combo that CHECH4900 does.
Yo lets face it no char in this game is really hard to use , but in "Comparrison" to all the other chars Bnb are you telling me BAs back 2,3into 11 combo is as easy to as other chars and come on LC is not his Bnb its more off a wake up combo So man BA is not top 5 easiest in comparrison to others.

P.S Key word "Comparrison"

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
I like how most of the posts here are about achieving maximum results for little effort, like that will matter in the long run. Inproving fundamentally is so much more important. Abusing Day 1 nonsense only goes so far.

To the OP, play Green Lantern. He's Injustice 101. Best way I can put it.

Sent from the Batcave

As a batman main myself, ill have to say batman is very easy to pick up, but imo harder to master (in no way saying hes hard to master, but hes more advanced frametraps and trait cancelling stuff while hitconfirming can be difficult). The only thing difficult about his combos is landing the b3 in most of his bnbs. He makes whiff punishing easy with his trait if you read your opponent right and you already have bats out. Also bats make it easier for him to get in on zoners, and if you have a life lead he has decent zoning himself, however he excels in rushdown and pressure.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
  1. Aquaman
  2. Green Lantern
  3. To a degree Deathstroke/ Scorpion (though to do anything more than scrub guns and Sword flip or scrub-porting you need to level up because Scorpion dont do a lot of damage and Deathstroke is mad punishable on block with stuff)

The Prima Guide says Aquaman is a good beginner character and that Joker is not a beginner character.

As a relative beginner myself I'd recommend:
1) Play someone you like. If you hate Aquaman, don't play Aquaman. You aren't going to want to practice much if your character doesn't inspire you. Whoever you pick, you'll be spending hours and days in the lab practicing with, so it should be someone you are passionate about. I hate zombies, so I'm never going to play Grundy. Even if Grundy was objectively a good starting character, he isn't for me.
2) Play someone who fits your style. For example, Doomsday is a relatively good starting character, but he is all about aggressively charging in and laying the smack down on his opponents. If you aren't about the rushdown, then Doomsday wouldn't be your character. If you want projectiles, then that eliminates a few characters. At the same time, if you hate projectiles, then you don't want a zoning character. I like to have some projectiles, so that eliminated Catwoman, Flash, Doomsday, and a few others for me.
3) Play a character with a minimum of Special Moves. It is better to have a character that does a few things well instead of a dozen things that you can't do well. For example, Raven is probably not a good starter character. She has a bunch of moves and then when she activates her trait she has a bunch more moves. That's a lot of stuff to try to master, IMHO.
4) Avoid low tier. Winning isn't everything, but yes it is. At the very least, losing sucks and is discouraging. If you are a high level player who thinks a character is underrated and you want to be its champion, that is one thing. As a beginner though, why handicap yourself by trying to buck the tide and play a character that has too many bad match-ups or flaws?
5) Play a character that some top players main. It is good to have a model, a "hero" player, someone to try to aspire to play like. I'm a firm believer in that approach. Some characters like Hawkgirl, Lobo, and Cyborg haven't been getting a lot of play in tournaments, so it is hard to find examples of high level play. Other characters have a lot of examples. If you like Aquaman you can watch how Tom Brady, Dizzy, and others do it; if you like Superman you can watch CD Jr, KDZ, and others; and so on.

I've picked DS as my beginner main mostly due to being zoning focused (not as execution heavy) but has options to fight off the rush down to an extent.

The major thing I've learned is that it's best to pick a character and focus on fundamentals first.
  • are you able to read the offense and block correctly?
  • do you know the right spacing/timing/setup for a juggle combo?
  • know how interactables work with your character
  • DON'T MASH BUTTONS :p
I'm pretty sure I'll change mains at some point, but with DS I'm just focusing on if i'm actually doing the things I want to do rather than just spazzing out and pressing random buttons. If I get blown up by something, I try to figure out what was the cause (generally for me its i keep hitting down back :p)

I personally feel that at some point in their Injustice lifespan, everyone should play Bane. Not because he is fun (which he is) but simply to make people understand how to get through a zone and really appreciate the tools most of the top tiers have.

I started with Bane, at a basic level he isn't too complicated as far as execution goes. However, dealing with the keep away most people use against him can be very frustrating.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2