What's new

General/Other - D'Vorah D'Vorah: Which variation are you, Brood Mother, Swarm Queen or Venomous?

Which variation seems most fitting to you?

• Brood Mother

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Swarm Queen

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Venomous

Votes: 45 49.5%

• Total voters
I did see a very very interesting video about her brood mother character. D' Vorah put down a low bug crawler, then sprinted, canceled when she reached the opponent and attacked with an overhead for a low overhead mixup. I think this variation is going to be more set up based with this low crawler.

But to be honest I'm 100% every character will have a way of getting out, either by teleport, levitate, dive kick or jump back etc... If the crawler changed direction and kept moving until it hit you or was blocked then that would be better

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
But to be honest I'm 100% every character will have a way of getting out, either by teleport, levitate, dive kick or jump back etc... If the crawler changed direction and kept moving until it hit you or was blocked then that would be better
I'd say it's difficult to speculate exactly things will go before the game pops out. My first move with this variation is find knock down combos that will lead to the crawler to reach the opponent before they're able to jump out of it. Personally I'm a much bigger fan of her venemous version.

Is anyone looking forward to venemous at all? Depending on how much chip I don't think it'll be all that great at discouraging turtling.
Brood Mother looks like bank. It seems so Oki based it's definitely the most appealing one for me so far.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I did see a very very interesting video about her brood mother character. D' Vorah put down a low bug crawler, then sprinted, canceled when she reached the opponent and attacked with an overhead for a low overhead mixup. I think this variation is going to be more set up based with this low crawler.

Nice. Unblockable setups. :eek:

I personally like Brood Mother the most and my second being Swarm Queen (Although I do like them all). I just really like that krawler, and besides bug blast is her only legit projectile. I think there is some zoning/setup with this variation.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
I personally like Brood Mother the most and my second being Swarm Queen (Although I do like them all). I just really like that krawler, and besides bug blast is her only legit projectile. I think there is some zoning/setup with this variation.
I think more setups than zoning. Her startup on the bugs and krawlers is pretty severe from what it looks like. My prediction is that D'vorah will primarily be a footsi ranged character but might suffer from getting zoned out because of her slow dash, jump, and zoning.

I think more setups than zoning. Her startup on the bugs and krawlers is pretty severe from what it looks like. My prediction is that D'vorah will primarily be a footsi ranged character but might suffer from getting zoned out because of her slow dash, jump, and zoning.
I admit that the bug blast isnt lightening quick but its only a little slower than her bug spray from Venomous. We shall see how she turns out

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Depends. If her "From the Deep" move is quick enough on startup/recovery in Swarm Queen it'll be almost impossible to zone her out. The other two variations are on their own.

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
Brood Mother for me, I'm a sucker for setup characters and I actually believe she looks better without her hood on.