What's new

Match Footage - Swarm Queen D'Vorah: Tournament Footage

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Well done @Krayzie, you repped our Kyttin Queen pretty good considering how soon it is.
One question though, what was the ender you were trying to do after the f34 in your punishes and kept dropping?
I saw you doing d2 and couple of times and end up with 40%/41% though. Were you going for her b12 air throw maybe?
I might have just been missing my D2 since it wont connect unless you hit the F34 at head level height.

I might have just been missing my D2 since it wont connect unless you hit the F34 at head level height.
Tips on her neutral game. Right now I'm using d4 and f2 as guides to the range I should be in to apply f11 pressure. I also like f11 ladybug because it gives you really nice pushback on block.

But I'm having a hard time figuring out her neutral and how to apply pressure without a knockdown.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Tips on her neutral game. Right now I'm using d4 and f2 as guides to the range I should be in to apply f11 pressure. I also like f11 ladybug because it gives you really nice pushback on block.

But I'm having a hard time figuring out her neutral and how to apply pressure without a knockdown.
I'm starting to use d4 bug cancel run. I feel this is a great way to get in.

Casual Match day one at the break and first tounrnament match against quan chi(WHAT TO DO AGAINST HIM ?):

Casual Match at Kombat Network Arena:

I'm starting to use d4 bug cancel run. I feel this is a great way to get in.
Thanks I'll lab that today, been tryna get my execute down for coming from d1 to f2 without a bug coming out, even though I have release check off. I can get the f112 bug cancel though pretty consistently.

Any tips on how to deal with quan/ermac/kenshi I find them slightly out of her footsie range.

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
I'm also having trouble against heavy zoning characters, but I find the best thing for me is to back up outside of tk range n shit, db1 and force them to move, then blow some run to get in for a good combo or pressure options. There's gotta be something better though...

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Thanks I'll lab that today, been tryna get my execute down for coming from d1 to f2 without a bug coming out, even though I have release check off. I can get the f112 bug cancel though pretty consistently.

Any tips on how to deal with quan/ermac/kenshi I find them slightly out of her footsie range.
Honestly, I haven't played against an Ermac.

Against Quan, just get close to sweep distance range and whiff punish.

My only general tip against zoners is to run up into a d4. If you're close enough, you may be able to run up d4 run up cancel.

Also, there are two different types of zoners. I don't have that much experience against Kenshi, but I believe you can use her swarm to check him, this way he doesn't stay in the same spot.

Then there's Kano. I have absolutely nothing here... He needs a nerf or something... lol

KNX

Noob
Not tournament footage, but early high level D'Vorah stuff from Floe vs Art's Kano. He hadn't been implementing much with the bug cancelling yet, but it's useful to see how he plays neutral against Kano and his use of oki outside of that

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Not tournament footage, but early high level D'Vorah stuff from Floe vs Art's Kano. He hadn't been implementing much with the bug cancelling yet, but it's useful to see how he plays neutral against Kano and his use of oki outside of that

Here is some Kano vs D'Vorah stuff. Starts at 07:09:52

I think Jeff had a pretty well rounded Kano, with lots of annoying stuff. We even came to the conclusion that his 8 frame advancing move was at least plus 1. Now... This match-up isn't particularly bad just to D'Vorah, but a lot of the cast...

Kano doesn't need to ever approach her do to his knives from full screen. They hit mid, take 1.63 on chip, and recover at a ridiculous rate. This is to the point where Jacqui can only parry the first few, and then lose the trading war.

His close up game is strong as hell, and he jails characters with his advancing string, however, D'Vorah can easily get out with D2 since it lowers her hitbox a lot. This is something we should start testing against the entire cast. D2 is 7 frames.

I'll probably be in practice mode trying to figure out how to better deal with this.

http://www.twitch.tv/egpwonderchef/b/652036688

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Here is some Kano vs D'Vorah stuff. Starts at 07:09:52

I think Jeff had a pretty well rounded Kano, with lots of annoying stuff. We even came to the conclusion that his 8 frame advancing move was at least plus 1. Now... This match-up isn't particularly bad just to D'Vorah, but a lot of the cast...

Kano doesn't need to ever approach her do to his knives from full screen. They hit mid, take 1.63 on chip, and recover at a ridiculous rate. This is to the point where Jacqui can only parry the first few, and then lose the trading war.

His close up game is strong as hell, and he jails characters with his advancing string, however, D'Vorah can easily get out with D2 since it lowers her hitbox a lot. This is something we should start testing against the entire cast. D2 is 7 frames.

I'll probably be in practice mode trying to figure out how to better deal with this.

http://www.twitch.tv/egpwonderchef/b/652036688
What exactly of the downside of ducking(not blocking) knives and walking in? Havent played Kano, generally curious.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.

Ohhh I love his use of B21 into puddle. Is this viable? Are they forced to block the low?

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
It is. b+2,1 is a hard knockdown so swarm vortex hits meaty... they either have to block low or use an armored move to escape. It's really good tech.
That's what I thought. How devious. Glad I picked her up.

Zoidberg747

Heres one of my matches from the weekly tonight. I got stream jitters and could not land a SINGLE dash cancel but I still took the guy to the last round of the last game(and he went on to get 2nd too).

www.Twitch.tv/epicgl

1 hour and 10 minutes in.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Heres one of my matches from the weekly tonight. I got stream jitters and could not land a SINGLE dash cancel but I still took the guy to the last round of the last game(and he went on to get 2nd too).

www.Twitch.tv/epicgl

1 hour and 10 minutes in.
The tournament jitters suck so badly, great playing though. I liked your Venemous game play a lot. Also dash cancels off of f112 are considerably easier and un-interruptible between f112 and 21 or another f112 opposed to the F22 dash cancels. Good shit though :). Are you on Xbox or Psn?

Zoidberg747

The tournament jitters suck so badly, great playing though. I liked your Venemous game play a lot. Also dash cancels off of f112 are considerably easier and un-interruptible between f112 and 21 or another f112 opposed to the F22 dash cancels. Good shit though :). Are you on Xbox or Psn?
Psn is Zoidberg747