What's new

dude wtf..

CDash

Noob
Johnny cage kicks my ass... i have to play it lame if I want to win.. and shoot projectiles from far range.. and just bait the EX shadow kick and punish it, that's all I got for Cage.. because up close.. i cant get out of that ridiculous pressure, trapping stuff. So how do put on pressure like that anyway? When i watch people do it to me, it looks so simple.. and i feel like a retard for not being able to do it. lol. thanks. -Dash

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
That is the whole idea, you are exploiting Johnny Cage's weakness to win the game. There's no crime in that. He's a monster up-close with his frame traps, so of course you want to keep him away.

If you want to try applying similar pressure yourself, I would extensively study the frame data of your character's attacks and also be sure to mix in d1's and d3's now and then so as to keep the mind-fucking going. I'm sure other members here can give you feedback that's better than my own.

CDash

Noob
No what you said wont go to waste! I main Sonya.. and i give people headaches, lol. I just get depressed playing JC lol, but hey i guess im playing it correctly, btw i think i ran into you in the lobby one day

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
No what you said wont go to waste! I main Sonya.. and i give people headaches, lol. I just get depressed playing JC lol, but hey i guess im playing it correctly, btw i think i ran into you in the lobby one day
Oh, yes? What was your tag?

And how ironic, I too main Sonya, haha. Oddly enough I don't have much difficulty handling Cage unless the player is really good, as Sonya has better zoning capability than Cage and her offense is just as lethal.

CDash

Noob
my tag is yungSAV_. i actually invited u to a game.. and u declined it LOL so i was like oh damn.. haha

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
my tag is yungSAV_. i actually invited u to a game.. and u declined it LOL so i was like oh damn.. haha
Oh yeah, I did play you just last night! I was on a friend's tag. The name was Raidenwins0. We played some Sonya mirrors.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Sonya slaps Cage about, Cage has to poke at some points in his offense which means you're likely to land a few divekicks on him.
Sonya has a 7frame standing 1 which leads to a 28% combo, a reset and her own attacking game. Cages fastest standing move is an 8 frame jab that is duckable. So if you think he will end a string short and not poke, just mash 114. Both of these options mean that the Cage player has to be more careful in their offense than you do in your defense.

Other than that he cant do anything at Sonyas D4 range, and fullscreen she outzones him.