What's new

Breakthrough - Aftershock DR's "Abysmal" Tremor 100% 2 Bar Throw Tech Setup

haketh

Noob
Need to test just a couple more things and it'll be officially optimized. This shit is looking surprisingly legit with all the options at his disposal.

... But first Acids and Bases Stoichiometry HW before the midnight deadline. Yay college.
How you liking the Aftershock Air Quake for dealing with zoning, had a decent time using the fact aht it stops momentum and hangs in the air to get around and punish early AA & projectile attempts.

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
I just love how TYM automatically puts a character in abysm tier if he isn't a ultra 5050 mix up rushdown character.

Detail: They said Tremor was shitty in day 1.

Last edited:

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I'm pretty sure there is truth to both sides of this little dispute, and I'll put it in the context of something very dear to me for the sake of clarification.
Joker had a very strong corner game in terms of setups and spacing, making it very difficult for people to escape.
It didn't matter. His neutral game was so terrible that he could almost never reliably open someone up on a high level, let alone get them to the corner, despite having very good corner carry. He suffered because of this.
What I'm wondering, and I haven't spent much time with the character yet because of RL priorities, is how are we to navigate the neutral game to effectively utilize these setups.
Take this video, for instance. How reliable do you really think it is to catch someone in the overhead shower projectile? That startup is hella long and you have to guess just to have it maybe hit them if they are in the right spot.
From an initial look at the frame data, his f1 seems strong for punishes and his 2 is a solid mid option, but his low starter options are VERY short range, his overheads are all very slow, and his footsie game seems kinda average at best. As Dave has pointed out at excess, his zoning is all incredibly slow and not particularly safe considering how long the startups are, which is typically something that would offset.
Rather than start at the setups like always seems to be done, how do you guys think this character fairs at navigating the neutral? Most of the game is spent in this state. Setplay only gets you so far, and you have to go through the neutral to get there. Let's change the conversation and squash this "debate".

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Not gonna lie I played a Tremor early this morning that felt like he hit me like this. He didn't do this but he was throwing things left and right and rushing - it was crazy on trying to decide what to block.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'm pretty sure there is truth to both sides of this little dispute, and I'll put it in the context of something very dear to me for the sake of clarification.
Joker had a very strong corner game in terms of setups and spacing, making it very difficult for people to escape.
It didn't matter. His neutral game was so terrible that he could almost never reliably open someone up on a high level, let alone get them to the corner, despite having very good corner carry. He suffered because of this.
What I'm wondering, and I haven't spent much time with the character yet because of RL priorities, is how are we to navigate the neutral game to effectively utilize these setups.
Take this video, for instance. How reliable do you really think it is to catch someone in the overhead shower projectile? That startup is hella long and you have to guess just to have it maybe hit them if they are in the right spot.
From an initial look at the frame data, his f1 seems strong for punishes and his 2 is a solid mid option, but his low starter options are VERY short range, his overheads are all very slow, and his footsie game seems kinda average at best. As Dave has pointed out at excess, his zoning is all incredibly slow and not particularly safe considering how long the startups are, which is typically something that would offset.
Rather than start at the setups like always seems to be done, how do you guys think this character fairs at navigating the neutral? Most of the game is spent in this state. Setplay only gets you so far, and you have to go through the neutral to get there. Let's change the conversation and squash this "debate".
This guy right here knows how to have a character discussion.

Well aren't you the perceptive one and with impeccable timing! Merry fuckin' Christmas. :D
So can he also do that in Crystalline but backwards with his overhead projectile done on Knockdown in conjunction with a low ex stone shatter which launches in Crystalline.