What's new

drive by post thread

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I was thinking whats going to happen to the SSF4 scene once MVC3 and MK9 come out. I think the numbers will dwindle seeing that a lot of people that play SSF4 don't even like the game and play it cause thats the only thing going on right now (i.e. ME)
SSF4 will die out once both of those games hit, at least in America and this region...not sure about Japan.

I$AAC

Noob
SSF4 will die out once both of those games hit, at least in America and this region...not sure about Japan.
I don't think the game will die out but it won't be as popular as it is now. Especially since AE is turning out to be a Yun/Yang fest.

MKF30

Well, not die out completely but die down a lot I should say between MK9 and MVC3

JagoMIH

Noob
are yun and yang overpowered people think? maybe people are just using them a lot because they are the new chars

Dark_Rob

Noob
I was thinking whats going to happen to the SSF4 scene once MVC3 and MK9 come out. I think the numbers will dwindle seeing that a lot of people that play SSF4 don't even like the game and play it cause thats the only thing going on right now (i.e. ME)
MVC3 is likely to have a much bigger impact on the SSF4 scene then MK9 will, initially. Most competitive Street Fighter players dont take MK with any kind of seriousness. And even if MK9 is good its going to take alot of work on our part to bring them over. It can be done, but we have to be the first to carry the torch so that others can see.

MKF30

MVC3 is likely to have a much bigger impact on the SSF4 scene then MK9 will, initially. Most competitive Street Fighter players dont take MK with any kind of seriousness. And even if MK9 is good its going to take alot of work on our part to bring them over. It can be done, but we have to be the first to carry the torch so that others can see.
That and generally speaking SF players suck in MK games(from what little I've seen)....and japanese in general have no interest in American games really, GTA, Halo etc to name a few others offhand besides MK...

But personally, I don't really care about the SF players...but the MK players and MK getting it's own scene in general. No fighting game will have as many fans overall as SF, so I wouldn't worry about that. If MK9 is good in general, it won't matter. Obviously though, it's already happening which is a good sign Tekken sites, SRK etc supporting MK and TYM.

Dark_Rob

Noob
That and generally speaking SF players suck in MK games(from what little I've seen)....and japanese in general have no interest in American games really, GTA, Halo etc to name a few others offhand besides MK...

But personally, I don't really care about the SF players...but the MK players and MK getting it's own scene in general. No fighting game will have as many fans overall as SF, so I wouldn't worry about that. If MK9 is good in general, it won't matter. Obviously though, it's already happening which is a good sign Tekken sites, SRK etc supporting MK and TYM.
Supporting us is one thing, becoming one of us is another. I will not be satisfied with the rest of the FG community coming over and patting us on the back and saying "Awww look at the Mortal Kombat guys, they finally have a new game to play at tournaments. How cute."
At every tournament i go to almost everyone enters way more than one game. Its not unusual to see the same people play SSF4,Tekken,Melty Blood and Blaz Blue. MK9 needs to be one of those games to. And we need to be the ones to go and get these players to play MK9 as well.
Perhaps no fighting game will ever have as many fans as Street Fighter, but that hardly seems like a reason to set limits. Street Fighter players can play MK to. We just have to show them it can be played seriously at a tournament level.
And how did you get the idea that all Street fighter players are Japanese?? lol

MKF30

See that's the thing though, I don't let people like that with that mentality of "superiority complex" bug me....because like I said dude, chances are those people you refer to would be embarrassed in any MK game I'd be willing to bet, I mean you saw the Justin Wong vids right? Granted he's newer and all but he's among the best SF players correct? Yet he looked like he was struggling bigtime in UMK3 from what I saw, if he had that much of a hard time how do you think the typical SF player would do? lol I don't mean to generalize "all SF players" here but just pointing out, those that mock MK games probably more then not won't do well in them like the way they talk about it...

So it doesn't bother me, I honestly believe at this point more Tekken players respect MK community and some MK games more then SF do but it really doesn't matter to me dude...That's why I was saying if MK9 winds up being good in general and seen at various tournaments(not just EVO) but in general all over, then who cares what someone else thinks? Melty Blood honestly dude, I never even heard of it til last year at Evo...lol and I love to follow fighters even Bloody Roar and KI, and I have never heard of a Melty Blood...definitely not nearly as popular as SF or MK in USA, you ask a general gamer on the street "hey dude you know SF and MK right?" They'll answer, yeah sure....how about Melty Blood lol, they'll be like what's that?"

Hell man, I even asked my GS once near me when the next Melty Blood game comes out few months back and the guy looked at me like "what the hell is that"? lol

It's probably huge in Japan and not bad as Evo but the general gamer I highly doubt even knows about that game...that's the impression I get from it honestly, even the name kind of turns me off I have to say lol.

lol, btw concerning the SF japanese comment haha. Sorry, I meant since majority of SF players are japanese and asian(except for Daigo & a few others I believe) I was just saying in terms of Japanese enthusiasts not enjoying American made games that much for some reason(Halo, GTA and MK included) too violent I guess lol

I respect your opinion on the matter, I just get the vibe that you care about what other fighting communities think. The logical fighting enthusiast knows UMK3 is a great game, and if MK9 is nearly as good or good in it's own right I think it would be hard to not respect it. But I bet you man even if MK9 is really good or the best MK in years, some people still won't like it because it's "MK"

Know what I mean?

Dark_Rob

Noob
No offense, but you missed my point entirely. We arent even talking about the same thing. Il just drop it here.

MKF30

I was getting the same vibe about your posts honestly lol but Works for me dude, to each his own ;)

Anyone else think the chicks in MK9 all look a little erotic so far eh? lol

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Chipotle = franchise

Roburrito's = privately owned, there are two.

I win. :)

I will be going to Chipotle soon though to compare and I'll be sure to give my honest opinion.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Chipotle = franchise

Roburrito's = privately owned, there are two.

I win. :)

I will be going to Chipotle soon though to compare and I'll be sure to give my honest opinion.
haha maybe so but Chipotle isnt some huge corporate chain. It still seems and feels like their is 2 Chipotles.

But i wish we could get a private charter plane and we can introduce each other to each :D

Those other 2 links, those places are One of a kind's. :coffee:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
2 Chipotles...?

Dude...Idk how it is in Columbus, but EVERYONE here in Cleveland RAVES about the damn place and I see it everywhere. It's good as fuck, yeah...but...like...damn.

MKF30

I like Chipotle southwest sauce in my subway sandwiches mmmm

Sandwich places:

Subway>>>Everything else

Tim Static

Adminerator
2 Chipotles...?

Dude...Idk how it is in Columbus, but EVERYONE here in Cleveland RAVES about the damn place and I see it everywhere. It's good as fuck, yeah...but...like...damn.
Nah, it just seems like their is 2 Chipotles. It still has that very small restaurant feel.

I like Chipotle southwest sauce in my subway sandwiches mmmm

Sandwich places:

Subway>>>Everything else
you live in the New York area and you like Subway the most for sandwiches??? come on, Pete.

:facepalm:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Subway is godlike, toasted meatball marinara with mozzarella and chipotle southwest sauce = heaven.

I$AAC

Noob
There's this place in Dunedin, FL called Delco's. They are a mom n pop sandwich shop that specializes in cheesesteaks. Their cheesesteaks are so fucking GDLK!!!!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Sorry to get off the subject of restaurants, but I have a story that happened a while ago:

K, just dropped my brother's friend off at home. I was kinda hungry and wanted some ice cream, but didn't know of any place open that was selling it around the area...so I opt for an empanada from Taco Bell instead. I come upon Giant Eagle and realize it's a 24-hour one...so I go to grab my ice cream! I'm looking...and EVERYTHING in the pint cups and 1.5 quart containers was $4.79 or more. Kinda pissed that it's so expensive, but I go "Ah whatever..." Then I see the 5 quart tubs...that are $5.49 each. Yes...you heard me correctly. I would be paying 70 cents more for 3x the ice cream. This is precisely why Giant Eagle is absolutely dumb. Their pricing for stuff is horrid. I'm seriously taken aback by it.