What's new

Drama In The NRS Community

Bottom line is this. The NRS community is in no position to barter with TO's. Unless the NRS community were to create their own tournament circuit it will need to be grateful for whatever attention it gets. It's the sad truth, the stream numbers have always sucked as has the tournament attendance in comparison to other competitive fighting games.

Such things as boycotting will only serve to hurt the scene more. Do you think TO's are going to lose sleep over nixing an NRS game off their list? Something tells me that the amount of work organizing the event is barely comparable to the amount of revenue the NRS titles bring in.

I wish this wasn't the case, I wish the NRS games were as big as SF, but they simply are not. I wish top NRS players had the same clout as JWong, Floe, Chris G, etc. but they do not.

Honest question as I don't follow the SF scene closely. Do the top players in SF like Jwong complain about the brackets as much as 16bit and Pig have? NEC is just one of many times I've seen conflict about the brackets and wonder if this attitude is status quo with the other fighters as well.

4x4lo8o

Noob
This shit is absolutely fucking stupid. game's absurd. You are all adults. Shut the FUCK UP! I'TS A GODDAMN GAME
This is a really strange and nonsensical point to make . Besides the fact that you're on a website dedicated to that game, it's not a game they got banned from - it's an event(or multiple events). An event that their friends and rivals will be at and that's important to the community that's an important part of their lives. Why wouldn't they make a big deal about and why wouldn't all their friends in the community speak out about it?

Maybe it's just a stupid game to you but many of us here have put time and money and sweat and tears(and so so much salt) into this stupid game and the community around and asking people not to be vocal when part of their ability to participate in that community is taken from them is ridiculous. You're basically telling them not to have passion

Last edited:
This is a really strange and nonsensical point to make . Besides the fact that you're on a website dedicated to that game, it's not a game they got banned from - it's an event(or multiple events). An event that their friends and rivals will be at and that's important to the community that's an important part of their lives. Why wouldn't they make a big deal about and why wouldn't all their friends in the community speak out about it?

Maybe it's just a stupid game to you but many of us here have put time and money and sweat and tears(and so so much salt) into this stupid game and the community around and asking people not to be vocal when part of their ability to participate in that community is taken from them is ridiculous. You're basically telling them not to have passion
I'm not talking about the ban. I'm talking about the shit storm that happens around everything in this "community". I'm not new here. I've been here for MK9 and for some reason IGAU. I'm well aware of the situation at hand as well. Thread after thread, and video after video stirring the pot. People acting as if they personally have a stake in this and getting worked up. Including those who did the banning. I personally think it's ridiculous they got banned but whatever.