What's new

Strategy Doomsday is punishable.

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"
HELLO!!!!!?????!!!!!??? HE IS NOT THAT OP TO BE HONEST. I HAVE BEAT HIM NUMEROUS TIMES. HE CAN BE punished his air thing that he does or other things. JUST standing b3MB or standing f3Mb. You have to press all butons together. It has armor. If you are in the corner do. F3Mb since for most characters if not all their f3 seems to be faster than the B3. His corner combos might stop before you do b3Mb but you have a better chance with f3mb since its faster. Then you can retaliate with or combo (or if with joker for instance, a setup or something). Btw flash punishes him bad. I'm not sure but I think he db1 to avod doomsday's specials. Plus his f3 is quick. So it's great if trapped in the corner. Btw do not charge your f3 or b3. I think it only has armor for a spilt second. Have fun!!!!

YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!

-btw I punish deathstroke with flash too.

DreadzTsung

Btw guys plz keep this thread going so others can see how to punish him. As long as you have the meter. He can be punished. It's more of a patience fight With doomsday. I don't use him. But I sure as hell can punish him.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
YOU DON'T SAY?

I tried that. i get punished dashing forward. Are you supposed to jump after teleport. That might work?
YOU DONT SAY?

do it after he goes offscreen

normal version always lands in front of him, ex tracks you down, he can fake an ex while you dash forward and catch you because dashing backwards sometimes doesnt work

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Backdashes have invincible frames, just go into training and learn the timing to backdash his unblockable teleport

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
He's quite punishable. Supernova can be escaped with a f3mb, invincible backdash, or well timed forward dash. And venom can be punished with pretty much any quick starting combo string. I'd say my biggest problem with him is how far his d3 reaches. That's the move that keeps me in check.

Or maybe it's his d1... I'm not sure of his inputs, but either way whichever down poke it is, it reaches pretty far and hits low. And gives him crossup or mixup pressure on hit.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
He's quite punishable. Supernova can be escaped with a f3mb, invincible backdash, or well timed forward dash. And venom can be punished with pretty much any quick starting combo string. I'd say my biggest problem with him is how far his d3 reaches. That's the move that keeps me in check.

Or maybe it's his d1... I'm not sure of his inputs, but either way whichever down poke it is, it reaches pretty far and hits low. And gives him crossup or mixup pressure on hit.
It's his D1 your talking about and you guys can also jumping 3 him out of the normal Supernova. Not sure if that method applies to all characters but I know Nightwing and Catwoman can do it.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
It's his D1 your talking about and you guys can also jumping 3 him out of the normal Supernova. Not sure if that method applies to all characters but I know Nightwing and Catwoman can do it.
Probably depends on how quick your jumping 3 is. I know the first hit of supernova is pretty quick. Ares can't do shit with his j3. I usually just wait til he goes up into the air to decide what I'm going to do about it. Usually i get knocked out of whatever I'm trying to do if I try to pre-emptively do something so that's why I stopped trying haha.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
Probably depends on how quick your jumping 3 is. I know the first hit of supernova is pretty quick. Ares can't do shit with his j3. I usually just wait til he goes up into the air to decide what I'm going to do about it. Usually i get knocked out of whatever I'm trying to do if I try to pre-emptively do something so that's why I stopped trying haha.
If you have meter the b3/f3 armor method works the best to counter it you just have to go practice the timing. I main Doomsday and out of all my losses its the guys that armor through my supernova that give me the most trouble. Doomsdays also not that good on wakeup so characters like Nightwing can give him alot of trouble by low poking after DD gets knocked down. His D1 is his biggest threat to ppl imo its fast and has great range and he can cancel it into a special.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
If you have meter the b3/f3 armor method works the best to counter it you just have to go practice the timing. I main Doomsday and out of all my losses its the guys that armor through my supernova that give me the most trouble. Doomsdays also not that good on wakeup so characters like Nightwing can give him alot of trouble by low poking after DD gets knocked down. His D1 is his biggest threat to ppl imo its fast and has great range and he can cancel it into a special.
I agree with all of that.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
I hate to participate in a thread with such a mind-numbingly stupid original post, but once you get past day 1 doomsday scrubs, it's actually a bit tougher than that. A good doomsday will bait your mb f/b3's by whiffing the regular supernova, draining your meter. He can also meter burn the supernova late, making it track at the last second and actually hit back/forward dashers if their dash has shitty speed and range (Ares, etc)

DreadzTsung

On topic...can you MB F3 or B3 when he's landing from the supernova or does it get stuffed?
It usually works.
I hate to participate in a thread with such a mind-numbingly stupid original post, but once you get past day 1 doomsday scrubs, it's actually a bit tougher than that. A good doomsday will bait your mb f/b3's by whiffing the regular supernova, draining your meter. He can also meter burn the supernova late, making it track at the last second and actually hit back/forward dashers if their dash has shitty speed and range (Ares, etc)
That first part of that sentence though. Before the comma. Was uncalled for.