What's new

Doom 4

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
The beta was just terrible in each and every way. Still hoping that the single player experience will be decent.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Thought i would update the thread real quick as it seems that review sites have been denied early review copies of the game.

Just thought i would give that bit of info to the thread etc.

InFlames

dead
The alpha and beta were fun for me, and friends who played it had fun as well. Seriously don't get why people are doing everything they can to bring this game down, if you didn't like it just let others enjoy it. lol

DOOM is comprised of a single-player campaign, online multiplayer, and SnapMap. After discussing, we believe all three elements are important parts of the complete DOOM experience, and are meant to be experienced as part of a complete package. As DOOM’s SnapMap and multiplayer modes both require access to a server that won’t be live prior to launch, review copies will arrive on launch day.
Seems reasonable.

Early review copies are supposed to help give reviewers a head start so they can have a good review quickly after release. By alot of sites (in an effort to attract traffic) tend to do "Reviews in Progress" of a game that has important features disabled.

SnapMap looks insanely amazing so I'm not surprised they don't want reviewers complaining "there's not enough content here" before the game's infinite-content-generator becomes available.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
No, GOD NO SERVER NO WHY IN GODS NAME NO.

What in the world happened with direct connections srsly 2016 much?

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
Just picked up my copy along with a double-sided poster. Can't wait to build levels and have a good time, in all game modes.

Played through an hour of the campaign from the moment it launched tonight.

So far, absolutely amazing.

I love how Imps are now much faster, and navigate the terrain like crazy. They're now a threat early on.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Anybody willing to help me run numbers on the weapons in MP? Went to help everyone get the best loadouts for MP.

I'll be on all day.

(PS4 btw)

evolution07

Well the shotgun is OPd. You get 50% off a single shot lol. Other guns like plasma do 6% off a single blast.

Steven_a

Light Bringer
Reminder that if you're not playing on Ultra Violence or Nightmare, then you're not really playing DOOM.

evolution07

Reminder that if you're not playing on Ultra Violence or Nightmare, then you're not really playing DOOM.
I started on ultra violence and died immediately at the intro LOL! I'm loving it though, still getting used to how fast and clever all the demons are. This game has totally surpassed my low expectations.

Anybody willing to help me run numbers on the weapons in MP? Went to help everyone get the best loadouts for MP.

I'll be on all day.

(PS4 btw)
You can reload cancel by switching weapons.
Id like to know how everyone is getting 30+ kills in every game they play. Does it have to do with this reload cancel? I'd like to improve my killing in MP but there has to be a trick everyone is using. I don't want to have only 1-5 kills a game.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Id like to know how everyone is getting 30+ kills in every game they play. Does it have to do with this reload cancel? I'd like to improve my killing in MP but there has to be a trick everyone is using. I don't want to have only 1-5 kills a game.
If you're willing to help me with the weapons thing, we can most definitely talk strategy & whatnot.

Is there really 13 levels and 13 secret levels in the game ?
Each Normal level has a Classic level in it & once you find them all, you can replay them. FYI they do have the classic doom graphics. . .