What's new

Don't like Interactables, eh?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I like interactables, they just have a lot of negative and positive potential. Either way I'm down with them. :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

trufenix

bye felicia
No, I get it, and I'm not refuting it either. I just don't use either of those characters, so I don't know. Maybe when I'll get home I lab it.

InfernoZ

Noob
My only problem with Interactables is the fact that I can block a shoulder charge from motherfucking DOOMSDAY as Superman, but I can't block a 90s TV? You bounce a barrell off Grundy's head and he'd barely feel it but in this he can't even block the thing?

Yeah, I think they should've made certain Interactables blockable, would've made more sense, but yeah I know, Vidya Games

Flash and Frost can't destroy interactibles? Can anyone confirm this? I want to say I have seen Flash break stuff.
Just had a quick look, Raven is the same. they can still throw the interactables that everyone can throw and break, it's just with the ones that you can bounce of off(Asylum TVs, Supes Babyship, Batsignal) The gadgets have a Bomb option if they want, but those three lack such an option.I didn't test every bounce option, so maybe exceptions, but that's the general impression.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
They're variables that shouldn't factor into match ups. Like the excuse people use with saying Raven "needs" it when you get on her, but she has these great tools to keep out. You're supposed to be able to pressure and attack her if you get in. That's the entire point and it's not a very valid excuse. You fight against Dhalsim in any Street Fighter, you fight through the gauntlet of yoga fireballs and stretching limbs then you get in his face and be rewarded with the opportunity to touch him.

The stages in this game can be awfully long winded and while dashing is pretty good in this game it doesn't really make up enough of the slow walk speeds and numerous unnecessarily obstacles stage interactables inject during a match. Coming from someone playing mostly Capcom and Namco fighters, I see these as a nuisance and it's a poor excuse for stage awareness. The stage awareness you should be looking out for is the corner. Not the statue in the middle of the screen, not the little moving cars, or the dead pig hanging on the rack.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Just had a quick look, Raven is the same. they can still throw the interactables that everyone can throw and break, it's just with the ones that you can bounce of off(Asylum TVs, Supes Babyship, Batsignal) The gadgets have a Bomb option if they want, but those three lack such an option.I didn't test every bounce option, so maybe exceptions, but that's the general impression.
Yeah there are a few weird ones. Like on Strykers Island some gadget characters grab the far left guards gun instead of jumping on him. Then Hawk Girl does some weird stuff. Like in Arkham she throws them into the Bed on the far left instead of throwing it. Flash/Frost/Raven cant ever plant the bomb on a bounce option. I tested all I know of with Flash.

Yeah there are a few weird ones. Like on Strykers Island some gadget characters grab the far left guards gun instead of jumping on him. Then Hawk Girl does some weird stuff. Like in Arkham she throws them into the Bed on the far left instead of throwing it. Flash/Frost/Raven cant ever plant the bomb on a bounce option. I tested all I know of with Flash.
Flash however does have acces to forward+interact, which is just brutal. I noticed that while Joker has it as well, catwoman doesn't. IIRC Batman has both as well. So it seems Gadgets have the 3 options, Neutral Interact which bounces and you you can hold a direction to determine how far the bounce goes(Deathstroke fullscreen? bounce right on top of him :3), Down Interact to launch opponent and remove the interactable and forward interact for a throw and it is highly variable how many of the options are available to a gadget class character. Makes me wonder if there is a Up or Back Interactable option with some Gadgets that I just don't know yet hmmmm. I love this game and I hope that all oppossed to interactables never get their way, they add so much to the game.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Interactables are part of this game's footsies. Footsies is about managing yours and your opponents positions and options at any given time. Turns out in this game there's a new layer of footsies and yomi. If anyone complains about them because their opponent uses them and they don't, not only are they limiting themselves but they are also risking to slip into scrub mindset.

Unless a major glitch/bug or broken strat is discovered to be related to interactables there's no reason to limit them or ban them.
And the car in the left corner of waynes manor or whereever it is? Superman picks it up and smashes 90% of the ground with it. That`s footsies?

And the car in the left corner of waynes manor or whereever it is? Superman picks it up and smashes 90% of the ground with it. That`s footsies?
More like 75% Also unless he armours it you can hit him out of it. If he does it armoured and point blank, neutral jump or jump forward. Anything further away will get hit. If you are in range with your characters bounce you can meterburn him for a combo for free, he can't block afterall. You will take the interactable damage though.

The fun things you find out in training mode.

Why would you let him get to that car? Would you let Doomsday corner you, too? You guys are learning or know where the dangers are, and who uses what most effectively. Planning for and managing these things are part of the game. Of course some characters may have advantage in certain instances, but they have similar advantages within their own movesets based on position.I watched the majority of the high level tournaments this week, and didn't once see that car be a game changer. But i did see consistent, interesting use of interactables and stage transitions turn the tide in a characters favor. I love your stuff, Mayo. Please don't become one of those "they're all broken turn 'em off" types.

SUPARNOVAX

Everything about the stage interactables in this game are scrubby. There's no thinking involved. You don't need to plan for much of it compared to wall combos or ringing people out properly in Tekken, Soul Calibur or Virtua Fighter. You just back peddle against whoever you're possibly zoning out and then just mash away and reset the zoning if they are not close. And for them, it's just an extra unnecessary variable.

You can take a look at this match with Chris G vs REO for example. Chris G is closing in and hey REO back peddles into a motorcycle and runs an unblockable over him. So this match really starts with Chris G at a handicap vs REO now that we got the unnecessaries out of the way. The first match ends with REO sitting on about two pixels. These unblockable stage interactables make a big difference in the long run. It's cool "strategy" to plan against but the fact that they do so much effortlessly is what's scrubby about them. There's no strategy involved especially when you are required, on offense, to get to your target who may or may not have access to them.

They're just overall a bad excuse for NRS to put something flashy in it to cover up "balancing" issues and to attract casuals.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Everything about the stage interactables in this game are scrubby. There's no thinking involved. You don't need to plan for much of it compared to wall combos or ringing people out properly in Tekken, Soul Calibur or Virtua Fighter. You just back peddle against whoever you're possibly zoning out and then just mash away and reset the zoning if they are not close. And for them, it's just an extra unnecessary variable.

No thinking? No, people don't have the knowledge to get around an interactible from mid/full screen: Back dashing, timing your jump (depending on interactible), etc. It's a tactic that seems "brain dead" or "free" because it's week two and people don't know how to deal with it. Just like Deathstroke, once you know how to handle it then it's not nearly as "scrubby" as it seems. Right now people are throwing interactibles willy-nilly because they're not getting blown up for it but it's not gonna be this way for long. Adapt to the situation instead of just banning a key element to a game based off 10 days of playtime.

You can take a look at this match with Chris G vs REO for example. Chris G is closing in and hey REO back peddles into a motorcycle and runs an unblockable over him. So this match really starts with Chris G at a handicap vs REO now that we got the unnecessaries out of the way. The first match ends with REO sitting on about two pixels. These unblockable stage interactables make a big difference in the long run. It's cool "strategy" to plan against but the fact that they do so much effortlessly is what's scrubby about them. There's no strategy involved especially when you are required, on offense, to get to your target who may or may not have access to them.

They're just overall a bad excuse for NRS to put something flashy in it to cover up "balancing" issues and to attract casuals.
So he backpedaled into a completely obvious interactable and was successful in using it? All he had to do was delay just a second and jump over the motorcycle...

SUPARNOVAX

No thinking? No, people don't have the knowledge to get around an interactible from mid/full screen: Back dashing, timing your jump (depending on interactible), etc. It's a tactic that seems "brain dead" or "free" because it's week two and people don't know how to deal with it. Just like Deathstroke, once you know how to handle it then it's not nearly as "scrubby" as it seems. Right now people are throwing interactibles willy-nilly because they're not getting blown up for it but it's not gonna be this way for long. Adapt to the situation instead of just banning a key element to a game based off 10 days of playtime.
This isn't really about me or online scrub tactics, you can watch this past weeks NLBC and Civil War V matches from "top" players. They make a big difference and it's not difficult to use them if you know what you're doing. Like I said, I think they're just no good overall.

So he backpedaled into a completely obvious interactable and was successful in using it? All he had to do was delay just a second and jump over the motorcycle...
TOP LEVEL PLAYER MATCHES Y'ALL

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
This isn't really about me or online scrub tactics, you can watch this past weeks NLBC and Civil War V matches from "top" players. They make a big difference and it's not difficult to use them if you know what you're doing. Like I said, I think they're just no good overall.
"Top players" but not top players of Injustice. NO ONE is a top player in Injustice as it's been a game that came out 10 days ago. These same "top players" were getting destroyed by a sub-par Doomsday (no disrespect to that player). We are 10 days into this title, we've barely scratched the surface of this game and everything in it, don't call for bans because people have YET to figure it out as they WILL eventually.

Couldn't disagree more, Nova. What you see as "scrubby", I see as a player using all available tools to do damage and gain positioning. They are part of every characters move set, and if you are not playing with them in mind, then you are not a good Injustice player. There are Meter burn and trait unblockables within character base move sets, most of which are far less positionally based than that bike. Where's the outrage!!!!! lol. Meter is fo' scrubs.

SUPARNOVAX

"Top players" but not top players of Injustice. NO ONE is a top player in Injustice as it's been a game that came out 10 days ago. These same "top players" were getting destroyed by a sub-par Doomsday (no disrespect to that player). We are 10 days into this title, we've barely scratched the surface of this game and everything in it, don't call for bans because people have YET to figure it out as they WILL eventually.
Again, you don't need rocket science to realize this. It doesn't matter if the game is 10 days or 300 days old. The unblockable stage objects are going to make many matches skew one way or another and it's a very unavoidable situation because of how this game is designed. It's random along with how and why they allowed stage picks for both characters to randomize these elements up.

Couldn't disagree more, Nova. What you see as "scrubby", I see as a player using all available tools to do damage and gain positioning. They are part of every characters move set, and if you are not playing with them in mind, then you are not a good Injustice player. There are Meter burn and trait unblockables within character base move sets, most of which are far less positionally based than that bike. Where's the outrage!!!!! lol. Meter is fo' scrubs.
Hey I respect everyone's opinions here as I am new to the site, but I'm not new to fighters.