What's new

Don't like Interactables, eh?

I like the interables, they are a cool part of the game. Their are ways to avoid them you know, like jumping over, not standing in the way of things and backdashes. If someone tries to throw something at me I go on the offensive and hit them before they can. If I can't beat them to the punch I dodge.

I find it hilarious people cry about DS yet hate interactables which may help you in that fight.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Again, you don't need rocket science to realize this. It doesn't matter if the game is 10 days or 300 days old. The unblockable stage objects are going to make many matches skew one way or another and it's a very unavoidable situation because of how this game is designed. It's random along with how and why they allowed stage picks for both characters to randomize these elements up.

Unavoidable? The only way they're "unavoidable" is in a hard knockdown (or similar) setup, it's avoidable in every other situation: Jumping, back dashing, MB B3/F3 or dash canceling it, hitting them out of it if you're close enough. If you're standing there and your opponent throws an interactible then it's your fault you got hit with it for not knowing how to get around it.

Again, you don't need rocket science to realize this. It doesn't matter if the game is 10 days or 300 days old. The unblockable stage objects are going to make many matches skew one way or another and it's a very unavoidable situation because of how this game is designed. It's random along with how and why they allowed stage picks for both characters to randomize these elements up.

Hey I respect everyone's opinions here as I am new to the site, but I'm not new to fighters.
You're new to this fighter.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
...so people actually believe interactables only favor 1 person? Wait what?! If someone is using them and you aren't that's kinda your own fault. You can't complain about something that both people can use.
They are talking about initial spawns. If you spawn on the left you might have better interactables. That is what they are talking about, I don't really know why seeing as most stages have good options on each side.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I like them but they need to be nerf, or at least to be fixed because for many of them (especially big projectiles) we can dodge them (getting behind the opponent or down to projectile) and we still get hitten by this. U_U
There is a difference between the hitbox and the animation.

Also, the hitbox are sometimes too big to be able to be dodged on reaction (the fast diagonal fullscreen projectile) and that shouldn't exist in a competitive game imo.

Last thing : as said before maybe some stages give more advantage for P1 or P2 at the start.

People complain because it is an element that is different and new(ish). Fear them! The option to turn them off for casual play is great for those that don't want to learn new mechanics. However, at a tournament level, a game should be played as designed or not played at all. Judicious patching will fix any unwanted elements (I'm certainly not advocating any right now). Just my opinion. Screaming "broken, scrubby or banned" is just nonsense at this point. That is a fact.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Why would you let him get to that car? Would you let Doomsday corner you, too? You guys are learning or know where the dangers are, and who uses what most effectively. Planning for and managing these things are part of the game. Of course some characters may have advantage in certain instances, but they have similar advantages within their own movesets based on position.I watched the majority of the high level tournaments this week, and didn't once see that car be a game changer. But i did see consistent, interesting use of interactables and stage transitions turn the tide in a characters favor. I love your stuff, Mayo. Please don't become one of those "they're all broken turn 'em off" types.
Oh I haven`t come down on either side of this argument yet. I think it`s way too early to judge. It`s a new mechanic. The only other experience I`ve had with interactables is in Marvel: Nemesis, where Iron Man and Magneto could kill you in one hit by throwing a tank at you!

I think a great point was made about not letting someone get close to a particular interactable. But I don`t know how I feel about having to play the game in a way where I have to augment my combos and sacrifice big amounts of damage just to keep a power character away from something unblockable that covers most of the screen... Character`s like catwoman have no choice but to wall carry you in their combos if they want any kind of damage at all!

I think that eventually we`re going to end up with certain stages banned. Somehow, something is going to be deemed to be too much. And again, I don`t really like how some characters get huge unblockable damage from them, while others get to do a little jump flip. I admit to not understanding the game too deep right now. My opinion could certainly change. But I`m a little worried about where this might end up.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
And the car in the left corner of waynes manor or whereever it is? Superman picks it up and smashes 90% of the ground with it. That`s footsies?
Yes. Despite how ridiculous it might look right now.

I like to think of footsies as I would of dogs or cats (a crude analogy I know). You know what dogs or cats look like: mammals, furred, walk on their fours, have a tail, etc. There are many breeds of dogs and cats, eventhough they are basically the same there are key differences among them. This holds true for footsies. From playing MK you got a grasp of footsies in general and MK9 footsies in particular. Injustice footsies, while having the universal characteristics found in most fighting games, also have unique elements like interactables and character powers; that includes the car smashing 90% of the ground, lol.

Jason Shearer

Kombatologist
Interactables are part of this game's footsies. Footsies is about managing yours and your opponents positions and options at any given time. Turns out in this game there's a new layer of footsies and yomi. If anyone complains about them because their opponent uses them and they don't, not only are they limiting themselves but they are also risking to slip into scrub mindset.

Unless a major glitch/bug or broken strat is discovered to be related to interactables there's no reason to limit them or ban them.
Completely agree. And the hazards may be unblockable, but you can still disrupt an opponent from throwing something at you with a well-timed hit. Transitions aren't that easily pulled off either if you know where you're standing at all times. It's totally a game of advanced footsies.