What's new

Done with FGC Competitively. So Let's Clear The Air and Teach Some Things

The only time Im going to be playing Injustice anytime soon is when I stream. I just got home from Summer Jam and I'm just watching all the YouTube videos from VS Fighting and Hometown Heroes. I'm going to stream tonight or tomorrow most likely, when I stream I'm down just look out for it
Bet. You and Reo made me pick up Batman for a time in INJ 1 until I switched to Batgirl as my main. Im a super casual player, so I'll try to be on the look out

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
When I used to go by CoRzz in MKX, I made top 8 at a regional and nearly beat Slayer in first round of Winners top 8. I came out in winners of a bracket that had Trepound, Frostibunny, and Lil Majin. Not easy competition for most. Went to game 5 with Slayer and lost in the KJ mirror. So I know what it's like to make a top 8 with high level players.
I think this right here is your problem.

This is a pretty good example of false equivalency. In the more competitive scene we live in today, this story comes across as a desperate attempt to put yourself above others by pumping up, as you said, a regional placing (not a win) and getting out of a bracket of guys who (nice guys, I'm sure) have never really done anything of a totally impressive level in any of the games we have out now. Saying "I know what it's like to place top 8" to a bunch of guys whose mindset is that 9th at freaking Evo is "bodied" probably comes off as super cringey, and if you lead with that I can imagine most would roll their eyes.

That isn't to say that that placing isn't above what 95% of TYM could probably do, but I don't think anyone would consider it on the level that you imply it is. That is also not to say that it's not a big personal accomplishment - I'm sure it is! I am very proud of my low top 8 placing at SCR 2014 amidst similar circumstances. However, just because I do have that one accomplishment that means a lot to me personally doesn't mean I would rank it as an impressive resume, nor would I use it lord over parts of the forum because I'm upset that I can't get games.

You should probably also realize that Tom is in fact terrible because of his own mindset and inability to break the game past a mid level, not because of a lack of games. I've heard numerous reports of sets where it is like 20-0 and the person leaves because the same tactics are working over and over again. Why would someone stay if that was the case? Rarely is anything more annoying than playing an opponent who insists on doing their same bad gameplan to a T, and then will turn around and complain that nobody will play them. To think that their is an illuminati-level conspiracy to keep the mid level down is the rantings and ravings of someone who just can't be that good but thinks they are.

Also, you made a statement about top players wanting to learn instead of teach. Um...yeah? There's a LOT of money to be made! Plus the schedule is brutal - hop over to the I2 pro site and look at August. These guys are barely getting time to be home and sleep before its on to the next one. Expecting someone who's really trying to hard to learn in a NEW game (this game is literally three months old) is pretty lame.

Tl;dr: Don't do this:

It makes people go:

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
My last post, for real, then I'm logging out for good.

I DID NOT DECIDE THIS BECAUSE I COULDN'T GET GAMES IN. I could not be more adamant about this. There IS a hierarchy and telling me to play other players (which I do...playing Stabs, Unbearable Pun and others is commonality for me), but I'm speaking specifically on the very top players disregarding people they even know. Most of them know me, I socialize, I've been in parties and made them laugh. I'm not nobody. My point is the top players WILL NOT GIVE YOU GAMES MOST OF THE TIME. So stop trying. Do your thing with other people. Even as somebody who has placed and was well known in the community, I can't get games with people who a year ago would play long sets with me. THAT'S MY POINT. Don't wonder why top 8s are the same 10-12 players over and over...you aren't supposed to ask these questions. You are supposed to play other people who don't make top 8s until you earn your chance to play vs most of them in long, informative sets.

Also, I'm not telling anybody how and why to spend their money. I'm giving them advice as somebody who sold a $150 headset to go to CEO (ASTRO A40s shortly after they came out) but when that person didn't give me the money right away, I guaranteed my mom that they would and she gave me the money when we were struggling. I NEVER got that money from that fuck I used to play Call of Duty with. I'm ensuring people don't make the same mistakes as me, or doing my part to avoid it. The experience is great. But as the saying goes "having money's not everything, not having it is".

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
My last post, for real, then I'm logging out for good.

I DID NOT DECIDE THIS BECAUSE I COULDN'T GET GAMES IN. I could not be more adamant about this. There IS a hierarchy and telling me to play other players (which I do...playing Stabs, Unbearable Pun and others is commonality for me), but I'm speaking specifically on the very top players disregarding people they even know. Most of them know me, I socialize, I've been in parties and made them laugh. I'm not nobody. My point is the top players WILL NOT GIVE YOU GAMES MOST OF THE TIME. So stop trying. Do your thing with other people. Even as somebody who has placed and was well known in the community, I can't get games with people who a year ago would play long sets with me. THAT'S MY POINT. Don't wonder why top 8s are the same 10-12 players over and over...you aren't supposed to ask these questions. You are supposed to play other people who don't make top 8s until you earn your chance to play vs most of them in long, informative sets.

Also, I'm not telling anybody how and why to spend their money. I'm giving them advice as somebody who sold a $150 headset to go to CEO (ASTRO A40s shortly after they came out) but when that person didn't give me the money right away, I guaranteed my mom that they would and she gave me the money when we were struggling. I NEVER got that money from that fuck I used to play Call of Duty with. I'm ensuring people don't make the same mistakes as me, or doing my part to avoid it. The experience is great. But as the saying goes "having money's not everything, not having it is".
I'm by no means a "top player", but I played with all of them daily. I've made friendships and relationships with these people but going to tournaments and talking, and getting to know them on a personal level. You should NEVER depend on a top player to give you games to get better. When I started out in MK9, I didn't know anybody at all. My first US tournament was NEC2011, where I met the entire scene. I placed 25th, having to play Riu48 first round and almost winning. I had no idea who he was, I was just there to play the game. No one is entitled to games with any type of person.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
To address this heirarchy stuff I'd like to say this

Yeah just to clear up so some of us top players don't look so bad. I went to Evo. The weekend after Evo I went to Dreamhack Atlanta. The weekend after that I went Defend the North. The weekend after I went Viennality ( which was in Europe btw, over 30 hours of flying tim that week), the weekend after I went to Summer Jam. 5 tournaments, 5 back to back weekends in a row. I'm literally going to different states or countries every single week. I travel out on Thursday, then Im at the tournament all weekend, then get home Monday night. Then I literally only have Tuesday and Wednesday to relax at home, before I travel out Thursday to another city. That's been my life the past like 2 months. So really my only free days are Tueday and Wednesday, but those two days I'm spending time with my family and just relaxing catching up on my anime and stuff like that. Usually Im so exhausted from traveling and airplanes and airports and whatnot that the only two free days I have at home, I dont really play video games that much. Plus I have to stream a certain amount of hours a month. It's very hard to play long sets with people, to be completely honest I don't play any long sets with anybody whatsoever besides my little bro because it's convienent we live together. But, I do invite people to play on my stream and stuff when I do stream, which is rare because I barely have time to even stream much

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
And I'm still going to Absolute Battle next weekend, East Coast Throwdown the weekend after that, and two weeks later is the Injustice Pro League finals where we are competing for $150,000... basically long story short, I don't play long sets with anyone online at all. I don't even play long sets with other top players, I literally don't play long sets with anyone. So I do apologize to the tons of people asking me for games recently, top players and randoms includes. It's just tough to find the time. And when I do finally get free time, I'd rather chill and watch random stuff on YouTube Hulu or whatever then play the game that I'm always playing every single weekend

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm speaking specifically on the very top players disregarding people they even know. Most of them know me, I socialize, I've been in parties and made them laugh. I'm not nobody. My point is the top players WILL NOT GIVE YOU GAMES MOST OF THE TIME. So stop trying. Do your thing with other people. Even as somebody who has placed and was well known in the community, I can't get games with people who a year ago would play long sets with me. THAT'S MY POINT. Don't wonder why top 8s are the same 10-12 players over and over...you aren't supposed to ask these questions. You are supposed to play other people who don't make top 8s until you earn your chance to play vs most of them in long, informative sets.
I have read all of your posts in this thread. I do not think you are wrong in nearly everything you have said, you are right about a lot of things.

However, I think your biggest problem is that you do not understand that you do not NEED top players for anything. Who cares if you don't get games against them? You can build up your own network of reputable players for your MUs who can be very strong players, play the game often, lab often, and you will be able to beat any top player if you put in the amount of time, effort, and have the talent for it. You see the same "12 players over and over" because they are most of the people doing what it takes to win, not because they get to practice with each other.

If you really were as competitive as you claim you are, you would have taken it with a chip on your shoulder and had a "I'm going to kick their ass without their help" approach. Instead you took the ranting approach and said you were too busy when Theo offered you games.

The reason why you are upset is the reason why you cannot find success in this game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
@FinalBoss_FGC if it makes you feel better you're not as annoying as Juggs is. juggs CONSTANTLY gets in conversations AS IF he is playing the game when he NEVER IS nor plans to take it seriously. he hasn't played a game legit since UMK3 summoner and shock days yet if you just read his posts you would never know. Atleast you went out there kicked ass, for a placement . That's respect
I do play Injustice 2, what are you talking about?

This thread is cray - "I'm quitting"
Community - "OH SURE HE DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY THEO"

FinalBoss_FGC has some good points. He also, unfortunately, has some bad ones mixed in, and comes off as a teenty tiny, not to much, but a little bit too whiney.

Also, you see the same top people placing at tourneys (poker,fgc,sports), because they are the top people. Not because they are in the same circle.....

....jerk

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
sorry op dont hate us top players just cuz you aint us

I won't comment on every thing but one part bugs me a bit. You don't have to play against "top" players to get the practice and training you need in. This forum is full of talented players who may not want to or be able to play in tournaments but are still very skilled at the game. Shazzy for example, I don't think competes much, but he's honestly on the same level as King & Nubcakes.
theyre free dont compare me to scrubs bro thnx

Last edited:
I do play Injustice 2, what are you talking about?
Could this be exactly what FinalBoss_FGC is talking about? disrespecting players that aren't shelling out thousands of dollars on flights/hotells..... Since you aren't showing up on youtube/tourneys every single weekend juggs, I guess your garbage?

I've seen Juggs post, he's one of those competitive-minded people who are helping foster a growing FGC of new-er players.... he is good at 'teaching' as I think it was referred to in this thread.... these games and these communities sure as hell aren't inviting/welcoming to new players. And they sure as hell aren't intuitive for new players either (hence why so many casual players are on this site)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Could this be exactly what FinalBoss_FGC is talking about? disrespecting players that aren't shelling out thousands of dollars on flights/hotells..... Since you aren't showing up on youtube/tourneys every single weekend juggs, I guess your garbage?

I've seen Juggs post, he's one of those competitive-minded people who are helping foster a growing FGC of new-er players.... he is good at 'teaching' as I think it was referred to in this thread.... these games and these communities sure as hell aren't inviting/welcoming to new players. And they sure as hell aren't intuitive for new players either (hence why so many casual players are on this site)
OMG I think juggs knows I'm joking :confused:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I don't get this response. Injustice 2 is the first NRS game I've liked from the beginning. But I'm stuck on WiFi most of the time so no one wants to play me long or people like you refuse to play me at all. I've also been going through a lot in real life and it just keeps getting worse and worse. I'm currently in South Carolina right now because my Granpda just passed away and I'm having to take care of a lot stuff here and preparing for the funeral tomorrow. I really have no idea where this is coming from and I've always supported and rooted for you so this doesn't make sense to me.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I don't get this response. Injustice 2 is the first NRS game I've liked from the beginning. But I'm stuck on WiFi most of the time so no one wants to play me long or people like you refuse to play me at all. I've also been going through a lot in real life and it just keeps getting worse and worse. I'm currently in South Carolina right now because my Granpda just passed away and I'm having to take care of a lot stuff here and preparing for the funeral tomorrow. I really have no idea where this is coming from and I've always supported and rooted for you so this doesn't make sense to me.
It was a joke dude

Sorry to hear about your grand father, also I didn't know you're in sc now....hopefully closer to Clemson? Anyway jk relax plz glad ur playing