What's new

Doctor Fate Matchup Discussion

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
I did that.. ok, cool, she gets hit. Now what? Can't use fireball, ankhs are really hard to use to zone, then she gets close and I get fucked in the ass by d1 and d3 mashing.
Waking up is also a risk because her j1 crossup is so good and of course MB F3.
Combo conversion off of orb and set up another one. It's okay that's fireballs whiff, they control the space she wants to approach in and prevents her still from dashing and jumping like crazy. Also use the normal fireball to bait a flying jump and air to air it into a combo. When she knocks you down use delayed wakeuo and her mb f3 will whiff.

Look I know it's tough but just know that you have options.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
It's so frustrating though, Fate's biggest strength imo is his high damaging mid projectile, in this MU his projectile takes a back seat and that's a serious blow.

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
check ex rolls with f2. try to get b3 conversion off of the yellow pillar dont wake up as much. use your red ankhs to defend against batman in the nuetral. dont freeze orbs far out unless its to punish jumps cuz u can duck block into orbs. save your ankhs, u dont always have to use them in zoning because they can help with defense and high damage punishes. optimize your combos more. try to save meter for pushblock especially for batman figure out the distance where your meterburn fireball whiffs so u dont waste your meter. only use mb fireball if u know its gonna hit. hit or block

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
@OmGxBdON sick reverse 3-0 on Hayatei :D

Pro tip: With trait OFF use MB glyph to dont get punished by Robin. With trait ON you can use regular glyph cause red glyph is safe. ;)

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Supes isn't as bad as deadshot tho.6-4 and with upcoming patch it's gonna be more even probably 5.5-4.5 supes favor
I think we can all agree that those were the 2 toughest MUs for us though. Darkseid used to be tough as well but fate still has options

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Iv changed my mind a little about Fate, I think he's actually pretty good. The patch looks like it will help him too. Not necessarily with his buffs (although Glyph becoming safer will be nice vs characters like Robin who get an easy punish) but from nerfs to the better characters, Fate will do a little better.

I think his losing matchups are:
Deadshot(really bad, nothing is changing about this one)
Cheetah(gonna stay bad)
Superman(got a little better)
Atrocitus(push blocking became even better for Fate, I think this will be pretty even now!)
Black Adam(gonna be better)
Catwoman(mb cat dash not having armor anymore and her J2 nerf will be nice)
Red Hood(gonna be better)
Batman(Batman's pressure getting nerfed will help)

Some matchups that Fate already did well in will become more dominant.
Aquaman(zoning will be even better because MB Tentacle Strike isn't a threat anymore, and he won't take half our life per touch anymore)
Robin(if he really can no longer punish Glyph, then RIP Robin)

That's all I got for now lol, keep in mind I said this before they said exactly what they did to the Glyph Push, Fate should be a bit better. Unless they left out a ton of shit on stream, he still won't be able to fight Deadshot, Cheetah is still gonna be frustrating, he will still have bad matchups but I think he can fight everyone but Deadshot, Fate is looking pretty good now.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
How're you guys playing the Deadshot matchup? Or are you just not trying anymore? Lol. Iv been trying to get trait as early as possible and initiate a trade war, but that strategy hinges on the Deadshot player being retarded. So I'm kinda at a loss lol.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
After Patch matchup chart impressions so far. Fate is looking reealllyy strong now.

Aquaman: 6-4

Atrocitus: 5-5

Bane: 6-4

Batman: 5-5

Black Adam 5-5

Black Canary 6-4

Blue Beetle: 5-5

Brainiac 5-5:

Captain Cold 7-3:

Catwoman 5-5

Cheetah 5-5

Cyborg 6-4