What's new

Do you remember when MK was announced?

I certainly do.

Right now, while I was thinking, I remember seeing those words (Mortal Kombat- PS3)

I was like OH MY GAAAAWWWWWWWDDDD,

I was about to die because of the excitement, and then when I watched the trailer and saw that it was in 2D, YES, 2D!

I was 100% ready to have a faint from excitement, my brain was full of happiness.

Well, this thread is just to reflect on how you felt when MK9 was announced, such happy times, and I'm still happy with the product today =)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
my wife probably wanted to throw up over how I reacted... it was one of those times where you probably couldn't even control your facial expression if you wanted to. Yep, that excited... lol

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
words cant describe how excited i was, but even more so when i saw those first cyrax/kitana screenshots, complete with green net :)

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I heard about it and was like "oh cool" then I actually watched and saw that it was on a 2D plane. So I was like "awesome, not gonna get my hopes up too much though".

Fortunately I was wrong and the game came out as quoted by Revolver Ocelot, "pretty good". I'm actually glad I paid full price for it to support the team and I rarely pay the full sixty dollar tag for new 360 games.

Fatality_check

Never Gonna Give
I was mega excited, like I always am for an MK game. Literally looked on sites every day to see if there was something new, be it screenshot, render or footage.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I was playing Minecraft and Super Meat Boy and then I went: hmm...I haven't played Deception in a while.

after looking for it for 2 hours I gave up and went to watch YT vids then I saw gamespot announced and I was like: hm...cool.

Then I first saw Kung Lao do the razor hat fatality and I just went:

He sliced him....then he's going to slice me...OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I was excited when they announced this because I was one of the few people who actually enjoyed MK vs DC except for some of the exceptionally broken characters *cough* the flash *cough*. But it brought back a nostalgic side to when I played the old games, MK1 2 and 3, I somewhat lost interest after those ones, and seeing updates of the living forest, kahns colliseum and the retro looks of the characters was awesome to me. It was like being in the 90's as a kid again but the graphics were so much prettier.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Picked up a Gamepro on a stoner adventure in August '10.
Read the article. Saw what was to come.
Proceeded to follow the game religiously from that point forward.
And here I am :D.

This has been my game since I was 4 feet tall.
I knew the minute I saw it I wasn't gonna have room for much else once I got my hands on it.

RoGE

Noob
The trailer was getting me pretty hype actually, it shocked me seeing them go back to the 2D playing field.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
The other thing I thought back then is that those combos looked insanely hard..now that I look at them its hilarious because its just like 3 ex moves.