What's new

Do you Regret Buying Premium Edition/Kombat Pack? Do You Think That People will Still Care by the Time Final 2 Characters are Released?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Sorry man but you dont seem to get it. Ofc more hours are needed in order to deliver a good product faster but that doesnt mean you have to overwork your employees, its just a damn excuse. If you hire more employees from the start instead of purposely rely on crunch you wouldnt have to put your workers through that.

Companies plan ahead, they know how long things might take they just prefer to go with the bare minimum (or even less) + crunch/content delay cuz they can get away with it. A company like NRS/WB could easily hire more peoples, before starting or during a project, and still make a buttload of money. These additional employees would provide more work time/week without overworking people to the bones.

Sure they need to reduce their estimated profit calculations, so what? If they dont like that they could reduce top managment salaray by a bit and/or their bonuses. And there are other options to chose from as well in order to make it happen. Its just that overworking employees (calculated i might add) is easier and more profitable for them.

You can make all the game industry examples that you want it still wont make you right. You are totally missing the point. Video game companies, especially AAA ones, can easily afford to hire more personal for their projects. Its not a consumer mentality problem but a company mentality problem. Tired of repeating myself really, so here one last time, just for you... NO we are not responsible for how companies treat their employees. We are also not spoiled or stupid or anything for saying 2 months to release 1 DLC character is a long time because it is a damn long time. It can be done in half that, no overworking employees required etcetc unless you a) dont want to or b) you dont have enough employees; which is either cuz 1) you wanted it that way (possibly abusing crunch) or 2) your planing/calculations sucked. Its the companies fault period.
You completely ignored everything I said, and you’re spouting random business jargon that shows you know nothing about development.

You cannot ‘hire more people’ to complete a focused task faster. This myth is called The Mythical Man Month and it’s one of the biggest common fallacies perpetuated by people who know nothing about developing software.

If you would actually read what’s being said, you would learn something about how this works. But throwing more people at a problem has the opposite effect in this situation.

So yes, you can’t have your cake and eat it too here. If you care about the hours of the dev team, then you accept that giving them a decent weekly schedule and some breaks will result in certain content taking longer to develop. You cannot force your way around this, it’s just how development works.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Crimson, you're not comprehending what he wrote. It's not "business jargon." It's common sense. The Mythical Man scenario doesn't apply to the scenario he was talking about.
Read it again, and this time for comprehension rather than just wanting to be right.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
You completely ignored everything I said, and you’re spouting random business jargon that shows you know nothing about development.

You cannot ‘hire more people’ to complete a focused task faster. This myth is called The Mythical Man Month and it’s one of the biggest common fallacies perpetuated by people who know nothing about developing software.

If you would actually read what’s being said, you would learn something about how this works. But throwing more people at a problem has the opposite effect in this situation.

So yes, you can’t have your cake and eat it too here. If you care about the hours of the dev team, then you accept that giving them a decent weekly schedule and some breaks will result in certain content taking longer to develop. You cannot force your way around this, it’s just how development works.
Now you see why i just troll people? EVerytime you give factual info it doesnt matter how you say it, they will take it as an attack. Theres really no point in trying to actually tell most people anything reasonable, it falls on deaf ears. I literally read it in 2 minutes and theres no argument.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
STFU. The self entitlement in this thread Is unbelievable. You guys have no idea what goes on at nrs/wb concerning long term support of a game. There is a chance here to have a phenomenally balanced game in the long run and here we are on the “competitive mk” website and all you losers can do is whine and cry about dlc not coming out fast enough, and how you’re entitled to some kind of explaination from nrs. MKX was a totally different game. It was much easier to throw a character in because everything was overpowered and built just about the same. This is why so many people don’t use this site anymore.

Yamborghini High

Live and Die by the Shimmy
I pre-ordered back in March thinking that with a release date of April, I'd be playing the Kombat Pack along with at least one balance patch in no time for the summer.

Oh how wrong I was to assume.

Last edited:
Never said they gave us a deadline and i am also not upset. Besides that my comment is not about deadlines or me being upset, so i suggest you read it again cuz you didnt understand what i was saying. To sum it up my comment was to explicitely address the "faster release vs employee have to work long hours" issue.

I agree with you that everybody that paid for the pass can only be upset at themselves for spending money on something without getting all the Infos. Those people are still entitled to say that NRS not providing exact content, schedule/roadmap etc is a shitty practice.
Its also perfectly fine for people to be disappointed about how things turned out cuz they expected better.

I reread it and you seem upset...there aren't any shit company behaviors here because you will get what's been purchased in time, and NRS is under no obligation to give them to you a month apart. I'm defending NRS here because again no one forced you into it, and disappointment is fine, but it's better to stay mute until Evo I feel.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Personally, I'll stop caring right after Sindel is released.

Because that will be the last time MK11 is actually an MK title.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I do regret buying the game early instead of waiting for sale next Christmas. It's totally not worth playing right now and usage statistics are proof of this.
Game looked good and then people noticed that characters like Erron, Kabal, Sonya, Geras and Scorpion exist.

I pretty much don't enjoy this game right now. It's unfinished and no matter how much faith I have in NRS, experience shows that it's misplaced.
I'm one of those people that stays hopeful until all is lost, though.

I like Sindel, but what I'm saying is, that's when all the fuckwad characters will start being released. Aka non-MK characters.
I'm also not a fan of guest characters at all, but they sell insanely well, so they keep happening. I've felt only a few even ever fit the franchise at all. Kratos did to me, and Predator to a degree as well. The general horror characters feel completely out of place to me though.

We'll likely see a surge of casual players again for a while when they start coming out.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Crimson, you're not comprehending what he wrote. It's not "business jargon." It's common sense. The Mythical Man scenario doesn't apply to the scenario he was talking about.
Read it again, and this time for comprehension rather than just wanting to be right.
I’ve already explained why the ‘common sense’ of “If you just hire more people everything gets done faster” doesn’t apply in this type of software development, and posted a link to both a summary of a well-respected development book that explains this in detail, and the cliffs notes for people who are too lazy to read the full Wikipedia summary.

But yeah, talking to people who are trying to make software development claims but don’t understand development is the same as trying to explain how to win in a fighting game to people who complain that zoning is “spamming” and dislike the use of combos. If you don’t want to learn, you just won’t learn. The information goes in one ear and out the other.

Afumba

Noob
I reread it and you seem upset...there aren't any shit company behaviors here because you will get what's been purchased in time, and NRS is under no obligation to give them to you a month apart. I'm defending NRS here because again no one forced you into it, and disappointment is fine, but it's better to stay mute until Evo I feel.
Yes i was upset about people making it sound like customers are responsible for crunch times (which my post was about) not about the release schedule.

I am disappointed that the schedule is how it is (which i also stated) but its whatever to me. In the future i just wont by anything NRS in advance anymore. No big deal really.

And yes it is shitty behavior to sell something without being transparent about what you sell and when. The timeframe itself has nothing to do with it.

xKMMx

Banned
Who said anything about years of support and content?
I don't know his name but its not Tyler and its not 16 Bit. But the other guy that is always on the couch during the Kombat kasts trying to be funny.... he did.
He did an interview with IGN days before launch and it was broadcast on YouTube and he said it.
I don't want to pile on with the rest of the people on this forum who give you crap about not ever being objective with regards to NRS.
But come on dude. They are fucking up.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I don't know his name but its not Tyler and its not 16 Bit. But the other guy that is always on the couch during the Kombat kasts trying to be funny.... he did.
He did an interview with IGN days before launch and it was broadcast on YouTube and he said it.
I don't want to pile on with the rest of the people on this forum who give you crap about not ever being objective with regards to NRS.
But come on dude. They are fucking up.
Yeah no, it wasn't someone from NRS -- it was a WB Guy: David Haddad.

Someone linked the excerpts a few pages ago -- thanks.

xKMMx

Banned
Yeah no, it wasn't someone from NRS -- it was a WB Guy: David Haddad.

Someone linked the excerpts a few pages ago -- thanks.
LOL what the hell do I care one way or another its someone responsible for disseminating information with respect to a claim you previously refuted was even made.

xKMMx

Banned
LOL what the hell do I care one way or another its someone responsible for disseminating information with respect to a claim you previously refuted was even made.
By the way that wasn't the guy. I just looked that dude up and it wasn't him on the IGN interview. Like I said it was the guy that always played Tyler in the belt battles during the Kombat Kast.
Does Ed Boon have naked pictures of you in womens underwear or something?
Its ok to be objective and say they are fucking up even if you love the studio and their games. I know I do . I love MKX and so far I have a lot I like about MK11.
Shoot I even went back and played a little MK9 in March cause I missed out on that game and wanted to see what all the hype was about and I loved it.
But that doesn't make them infallible and the issues that have surrounded this game since day one are glaring and the story in Variety exposed that these assholes weren't even close to ready to release this game when they did and they weren't even really ready for the reveal event.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator

xKMMx

Banned
Lmao like I said before. The guy I saw say it on YouTube was not David Haddad. It was the guy from the KOMBAT KAST!!!
But I'm sure this source is accurate as well .

So what we can ascertain from this info is there are two people saying the same thing that you said no one ever said.

Bro your like in denial at this point. Just let it go. It happened.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Lmao like I said before. The guy I saw say it on YouTube was not David Haddad. It was the guy from the KOMBAT KAST!!!
But I'm sure this source is accurate as well .

So what we can ascertain from this info is there are two people saying the same thing that you said no one ever said.

Bro your like in denial at this point. Just let it go. It happened.
You're arguing for 3 posts about it not being David Haddad when I provided you the two links the guy sent. You provided 0 links, only insults, and didn't even know Derek's name even though he's been on every Kombat Kast since Kombat Kasts started.

And you edited and deleted your own posts because they looked foolish. Color me not impressed.

Last edited:

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
I think if they put out a road map people would be more understanding . I do hope they say somthing at EVO . Show us nightwolf least

xKMMx

Banned
https://gamerant.com/mk11-dlc-plans/ -- it was the guy.

The guy you're thinking of, btw, is 'Derek'. That wasn't him. Instead of insulting people, just learn what and who you're talking about.
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE. I watched the freakin interview. He said it. When I'm not busy making money. i'll search it on youtube and post it.

You are unbelievable man. LMAO

xKMMx

Banned
You're arguing for 3 posts about it not being David Haddad when I provided you the two links the guy sent. You provided 0 links, only insults, and didn't even know Derek's name even though he's been on every Kombat Kast since Kombat Kasts started.

And you edited and deleted your own posts because they looked foolish. Color me not impressed.
Lol because I didn't know they guys name means he didn't say what I saw him say?

Next time I witness a random act of violence in the street I'll not report it to the police since me not knowing the name of the perpetrator renders my testimony groundless lol