What's new

General/Other - Inferno Do you guys feel like scorpion is... Bad?

I don't really play scorpion, but the reason for it is because he is trash! Do you guys think the nerf on him was necessary? It seems like he's only strong online where it's hard to react to anything because of input delay. I would really like to learn scorpion or my favorite fighter in the series sub zero, but they are just weak. So punishable with every attack, and they NEED meter to do any sort of real damage. Kano leads the way in mkx. Discuss scorpion tips for me?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I don't really play scorpion, but the reason for it is because he is trash! Do you guys think the nerf on him was necessary? It seems like he's only strong online where it's hard to react to anything because of input delay. I would really like to learn scorpion or my favorite fighter in the series sub zero, but they are just weak. So punishable with every attack, and they NEED meter to do any sort of real damage. Kano leads the way in mkx. Discuss scorpion tips for me?
Stop playing Inferno.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
The difference between Scorpions meterless and meter'd combos really isn't that significant off his go to punishers. Unless it's going to close a round or put your opponent in chip territroy save that bar for something else.

Scorpion is not bad at all, post nerf hellfire has become far more technical, Ninjutsu is the same but has higher damage and the idea that Inferno was made terrible by the 214 nerf is a huge bill of goods.

Many might disagree, but I don't think Scorpion carries you at all, if you have good spacing, good reads and your punishment is on point then Scorpion will serve you well. If you're expecting Scorpion to do most of the work then I'd advise picking up someone else.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
You trolling? If you aren't, let me tell you that you need to learn how to use a character before you criticize it. You say you wanna learn them, but you say they're trash....that's not how it works, how do you know? Scorpion and Sub are really good.

Are you really talking about MKX Scorpion?

Needing meter to do damage is one of the poorest complaints ever.

So what? Spend a bar. PLENTY of characters in MKX rely on meter to
get their optimal damage.
The thing is that Hellfire Scorpion has +30% meterless combos that lead to a 50/50, if that's low meterless damage then 90% of the cast has low meterless damage.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
The only issue with Scorpion to me IS online now. I drop a lot of his crap that was 10/10 before online which is really annoying because of how low 214 teleport leaves your opponent for the follow up. Everything else I have adapted to, but the netcode will probably not let me adapt to the one I mentioned online...

JTB123

The only issue with Scorpion to me IS online now. I drop a lot of his crap that was 10/10 before online which is really annoying because of how low 214 teleport leaves your opponent for the follow up. Everything else I have adapted to, but the netcode will probably not let me adapt to the one I mentioned online...
1-1 spear as a follow up only does 1-2% less damage and is a million times easier. I've started using that a lot more now as there's no chance of it dropping.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
1-1 spear as a follow up only does 1-2% less damage and is a million times easier. I've started using that a lot more now as there's no chance of it dropping.
It is really annoying for it to have to come to that :/

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces
12xxspear also works really well, and I've heard it has a bigger hitbox than 11

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
After the Hellfire nerf, there is no reason to play Scorpion over MoS Ermac, he's like an improved version of him.

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
After the Hellfire nerf, there is no reason to play Scorpion over MoS Ermac, he's like an improved version of him.
This!

For some reason everyone hates on Scorpion online. Massive hate mail after matches. The truth is he is mid tier at best, esp after the nerf. I use him because I like him as a character, but he isn't so awesome. Slow 50/50, bad neutral game besides d4, punishable as hell. Ermac brings a lot of the same but with much better options.

JTB123

12xxspear also works really well, and I've heard it has a bigger hitbox than 11
The 2 in 1-2 has a smaller horizontal hit box than the second 1 in 1-1. There are some moves when blocked at max range that 1-1 will punish whereas 1-2 whiffs.

The funny thing is Scorpion isnt even one of them lol. Stupid damage meterless.
Scorpion only gets his really high meterless damage off his F4, which you seldom land on someone famaliar with the match up. His meterless damage is super good though, no argument there.

Can't say I agree with this, while Ermac has a true vortex he is dead when it's blocked. Scorpion has ways to make his mix ups completely safe. I also think Scorpion's teleport is much better, can be cancelled, incredibly fast to leave the screen, +18 on hit and makes it quite easy to convert floats into at least 20% into a mix up. Scorpions J3 is also very strong.

Why do you think MoS Ermac is better?

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Scorpion is top 15 for sure...he can easily make top 8 at a tourney. You are acting like him and SZ are Goro-tier.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Hellfire's flame aura stuffs Ermac's teleport and vanish 100% and it has a 0 frame recovery so you can immediately block if it ends too early.

Scorpion has a way better teleport and stronger combos, as well as way better ways to combo reset using the FBC.