What's new

Do you all feel jump back teleport is too strong of a tool?

Should jump back teleport be removed?

• Yes

Votes: 55 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 37 35.6%
  • I'm a scorpion player and this involves me to think in neutral, so no

Votes: 12 11.5%

• Total voters

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
“Sometimes doing nothing leads to the very best something.” - Winnie the Pooh

All they have to do is block, stay patient, make reads.

He gets in for free to do what? F4,3? Throw?

His offense is heavily based on tick throw set ups. Players who are good at throw techs do very well against him in general.

It’s not a guess whatsoever. Your priority should be block first. React to the throw. It’s only active 1 frame. I promise if you practice neutral crouch to whiff punish throws you’ll see my vision.
The problem is, even if you are more patient, you'll still guess wrong and it won't be because you got out-footsied and Scorpion whiff punished you, it's because he just teleported by-passing the neutral. And nothing you said countered that argument because it's true. Teleports makes neutral moot.

It really is the best option to tue jump back TP. Its -14 on block and it doesn't chip very much. The regular TP is so negative you can wait to see if the second hit is coming out and still punish.
oh don't tell them that. they think teleport on block is a mixup. as far as i can tell it's completely unblockable

The problem is, even if you are more patient, you'll still guess wrong and it won't be because you got out-footsied and Scorpion whiff punished you, it's because he just teleported by-passing the neutral. And nothing you said countered that argument because it's true. Teleports makes neutral moot.
Where is the guess?

What if he doesnt TP? Just give him th free jump in? Empty jump throw? Tele cncel throw? Jump in staggers? Tele cncel staggers? How does just block in every situation get me the life lead? You dont have to answer that, at some point you gotta make a hard read. And the scorpion player is forcing you into that at the character select screen. Air Teleport should be a 2 slot gear move. Either you get cancels or teleport/Jump in mix.
I have no idea why scorpion mains continue to come into these threads man, they are always super outnumbered and it just seems like a lot of work to keep arguing lol.
I don't main sco. That's one of the biggest things you can take advantage of. So I thinks wild that it's a complaint lol

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I don't know if this character is really that dominant on a tier list but I think he hurts some character's viability by giving them easy bad matchups from the most played character in the game.

It's like a lesser version of pre-patch Deadshot. Like why would you play Swamp Thing when someone could give you fits with their Day 2 Deadshot?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
At least Scorpion has to either use meter to TP cancel, or has to take a huge risk to TP/amp TP. And he’s also not a zoner. While other characters can TP for literally free like Cetrion, Scarlet, Raiden, etc. It makes no sense giving a good zoner a teleport. The entire gameplan vs a zoner is walk them down to the corner, limiting their range of movement and slowly limiting their options. It’s absolutely dumb as fuck to work so hard to get in a winning position spacing wise vs a great zoner like Cetrion, only for her to TP out of it like it never happened.

People complain more about Scorpion because way more people use him than Cetrion. But Cetrion even HAVING a TP is rahtard and it shouldn’t be in a tournament variation.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
I don't main sco. That's one of the biggest things you can take advantage of. So I thinks wild that it's a complaint lol
I dont know what youre trying to point out, but okay. Im not complaining about character strength, Im complaining about design. How many online scorpions jump/walk away ALL match, mash pokes up close, and rely on tele? Is that easy to beat? Yes, in a decent connection. Is it FUN to play with or against? Fuck no. I dont want him nerfed, I want him retooled to be an interesting and deep character.

It's the strongest move in the game in a game that has ultra dumb top tiers. That alone tells you the answer.

#BuffTeleport
shoulda been a semincolon before the words “and in 11”, because that clause belonged to the observation afterwords: that its now more then ever punishable. i dig the partial quote out of context tho. ever consider working for fox news?

inb4 a scorpion player comes in here and say: "You bunch of crybabies"
let me just get this out of the way.

Did you know the window he cancels the teleport its the same where you should block him?
That's okay but, the window you have to react to him moving for a punish after he cancels its the same window he is amplifying the teleport after you block it.
Besides, characters can only autoface if he cancels, jab him out of the teleport regardless doesn't even work because your character won't turn until he hits you.
In sum Scorpion can teleport whenever he feels like, and being at 22f recovery doesn't even matter first because its a straight guess on either will he cancel or not and if you block and he cancels your character autofaces late, and loses the flawless block ability.
When people choose scorpion i use it as a chance to practice characters i dont have down yet, because i know i can defend him. i abuse the move, but when i play scorpion my gameplan becomes simpler and more reliable, i just lose the chance to enjoy my flashy offense and showy beatdowns, is playing safe not a legitimate strategy? because its a style that wrecks ol skorp.... fundamentally, his weaknesses as a character glare through his obvious offensive strategies, i think you guys just dont want to practice...

I dont know what youre trying to point out, but okay. Im not complaining about character strength, Im complaining about design. How many online scorpions jump/walk away ALL match, mash pokes up close, and rely on tele? Is that easy to beat? Yes, in a decent connection. Is it FUN to play with or against? Fuck no. I dont want him nerfed, I want him retooled to be an interesting and deep character.
Yeah, they not doing any of that lol

At least Scorpion has to either use meter to TP cancel, or has to take a huge risk to TP/amp TP. And he’s also not a zoner. While other characters can TP for literally free like Cetrion, Scarlet, Raiden, etc. It makes no sense giving a good zoner a teleport. The entire gameplan vs a zoner is walk them down to the corner, limiting their range of movement and slowly limiting their options. It’s absolutely dumb as fuck to work so hard to get in a winning position spacing wise vs a great zoner like Cetrion, only for her to TP out of it like it never happened.

People complain more about Scorpion because way more people use him than Cetrion. But Cetrion even HAVING a TP is rahtard and it shouldn’t be in a tournament variation.
None of those other characters have a TP with an attack built in, though. They don't make you second guess you TP punish options because they can't meter burn their TPs for an additional attack. It's not a true comparison. You can actually punish those characters when they emerge from their TP. With Scorp you have to block and wait, losing your chance to get a good punish if he meter burns.

If anything, take away his ability to meter burn on block and I'll be fine with his TP. It's too strong considering that he can LAUNCH you if you guess wrong trying to punish his normal version

thlityoursloat

kick kick
None of those other characters have a TP with an attack built in, though. They don't make you second guess you TP punish options because they can't meter burn their TPs for an additional attack. It's not a true comparison. You can actually punish those characters when they emerge from their TP. With Scorp you have to block and wait, losing your chance to get a good punish if he meter burns.

If anything, take away his ability to meter burn on block and I'll be fine with his TP. It's too strong considering that he can LAUNCH you if you guess wrong trying to punish his normal version
Their teleports don't have has many offscreen frames as well, so they're easier to stuff startups. Scorpion can very easily TP on anticipation of you pressing a button that WOULD REACH, but ends up getting you punished because he goes offscreen almost instantly.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Yeah, they not doing any of that lol
Theyve been known to, but I can see youre new here. MKX Mileena was made a completely differeny character during that games life,so was Shinnok and Takeda to a lesser extent. Its not unprecedented, also, Theyre not They.

Okay, what if your opponent has the life lead and does nothing and waits for you to do something? What then, he's just jumping back and you have to do something because he/she is more then okay to timer-scam you out. What then, be patient? I'll lose if i'm patient unless i walk him to a corner but then again he could just jump kick me. You can't just say "play defensively" and go "WELL, I HOPE THIS SCORPION PLAYER IS AN IDIOT AND HE'LL JUST YOLO TELEPORT".
how did he get the life lead? come on. there are such things as dumb questions. the difference between a strategy thats “cheap” or “broken” and a strategy thats just stupid is your opponents ability to do something about it. im telling you its cake.

side note: 95% of scorpion players, in ranked especially, have no idea how to turn the pressure off, theyr a jumpy group of people. i play em super slow, usually with noob (but hunker down jax is more fun XD) and i probably beat two out of three scorpions, and i have never seen one try to use waiting for me to act as a counter strategy.

how did he get the life lead? come on. there are such things as dumb questions. the difference between a strategy thats “cheap” or “broken” and a strategy thats just stupid is your opponents ability to do something about it. im telling you its cake.

side note: 95% of scorpion players, in ranked especially, have no idea how to turn the pressure off, theyr a jumpy group of people. i play em super slow, usually with noob (but hunker down jax is more fun XD) and i probably beat two out of three scorpions, and i have never seen one try to use waiting for me to act as a counter strategy.
Not only is it super punishable, but jump back teleports are predictable as hell. I only land it one out of every ten times I try.
Thank god im not the only one whos experienced this, i was worried i had stumbled into a “getting started” forum

Theyve been known to, but I can see youre new here. MKX Mileena was made a completely differeny character during that games life,so was Shinnok and Takeda to a lesser extent. Its not unprecedented, also, Theyre not They.
You knew what I mean so it's fine ‍♂. I played MKX as well. I just don't go on forums. Jump back teleport isn't that great. Its annoying because you see more than the other characters. You'll be okay big fella. I believe in you lol

Error404

Noob
You can beat every option from it except teleport back , which by itself isn't a threat.
Don't get me wrong , it's very cheap , but it shouldn't be removed entirely . It's kinda fucked up how a lot of you want a staple move in the franchise to be straight up deleted

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
You knew what I mean so it's fine ‍♂. I played MKX as well. I just don't go on forums. Jump back teleport isn't that great. Its annoying because you see more than the other characters. You'll be okay big fella. I believe in you lol
You are assuming I think its too strong there, galaxy brain. I deleted my original posts to not interact with the mouth breathing hive mind this site has gained. Welcome to my ever growing ignore list.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
THIS.
I don't know why anyone would object to this.
Games shift characters' power around all the time to be less frustrating or healthier in general and there's nothing wrong with that.
If current Scorpion is something you guys are comfortable to have as the franchise's poster boy, OK. I just don't think that's good to the game. That's the first character most people go to when they first turn on the game, and he's ugly to watch and his design is disconnected from the way they sold how the game should be played.

You are assuming I think its too strong there, galaxy brain. I deleted my original posts to not interact with the mouth breathing hive mind this site has gained. Welcome to my ever growing ignore list.
My boy, Sco will be simple to play because he is the poster character. If the character most people go to is too difficult they will not continue to play. It's not hard to beat and you agree. I'm not sure if your paragraph answers the question but alrighty

Attachments

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
Cetrions ability to teleport isn’t a problem. Her ability to jump back and teleport is. At that point it becomes very difficult to close the gap. But she’s way more fun to play than scorpion. It would be more fun to play him actually if you had to work to wiff punish with grounded tele cancel only.