What's new

Do wave dash/dash cancel still exist in current build?

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I was under the impression that they was removed. But a few people are saying some characters have it but it's extremely hard. I can't seem to do it with Kotal.

Can anyone post a video of it in current patch? And list who all can do it? If any?

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
everyone can do it still

Its easier to do with characters that have fast or/and further dashes. I can do it 80% the time with kotal (one of the fastest dashers) and like 20% of the time with jacqui.
It's hard to do bc there is a rhythm involved alternating between forward and block.

Is it useful? Probably but not as OMG OP as it was thought to be pre-release.

Take Kotal for example, his wavedash is easy to do and super fast...but the ranges he shines at are mid range...although he has a command grab he kinda gets beat close range (his buttons are slow).

LawAbidingCitizen

everyone can do it still

Its easier to do with characters that have fast or/and further dashes. I can do it 80% the time with kotal (one of the fastest dashers) and like 20% of the time with jacqui.
It's hard to do bc there is a rhythm involved alternating between forward and block.

Is it useful? Probably but not as OMG OP as it was thought to be pre-release.

Take Kotal for example, his wavedash is easy to do and super fast...but the ranges he shines at are mid range...although he has a command grab he kinda gets beat close range (his buttons are slow).
So they aren't gone? Hmm can you show a video and maybe a tutorial? Is it just Forward, Forward, Block, Forward Block, Forward Block, Forward, Block? What rhythm do you use to do the last part? Is there a short delay after first dash then fast inputs?

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
The way I started to wrap my head around it was doing [ F -> Block -> F ] over and over again. Just these inputs. If you do it correctly your character will dash forward without ever inputting [Forward Forward]. From there i just practice the rhythm and develop some muscle memory. Eventually i added Forward,Foward to start off the wavedash. [ FF->B->F->B->F->etc. ] Just practice the F->B->F so you can understand how the game saves the forward input.

edit - practice it with shao kahn/kotal because its easiest to do with them

LawAbidingCitizen

The way I started to wrap my head around it was doing [ F -> Block -> F ] over and over again. Just these inputs. If you do it correctly your character will dash forward without ever inputting [Forward Forward]. From there i just practice the rhythm and develop some muscle memory. Eventually i added Forward,Foward to start off the wavedash. [ FF->B->F->B->F->etc. ] Just practice the F->B->F so you can understand how the game saves the forward input.

edit - practice it with shao kahn/kotal because its easiest to do with them
Can you show a video of it. I'm struggling to get far with dash if I input it quick like MK9 DCs and mkx cancels? If it's not to much trouble. How many characters can do it effectively?

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
Can you show a video of it. I'm struggling to get far with dash if I input it quick like MK9 DCs and mkx cancels? If it's not to much trouble. How many characters can do it effectively?
i dont make videos, just practice the F - B -F slowly at first just so you understand how the mechanic works

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Noble Raptor has a good video explaining it
Basically u hv to do a forward dash first before dash canceling with block, then do forward block repeatedly