What's new

Do Japan FGC even play Mortal Kombat???

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Just wonder if they play it or not and also wonder, what they think of the game, is it booty or is it a decent Fighting game to them???

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
They played early on, but console FG scenes there aren't anywhere close to being as strong as they are here, mainly because arcades there are still strong.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Mostly no. You might find a few players but I doubt there's an "MK scene" in Japan. Some people don't realize how much Japanese people hate Americans. So I'm sure most Japanese FG players laugh at MK more than the Capcom fanboys do here in America.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
So MK is the fighting game equivalent of the XBox in Japan.

Meh :(. You KNOW the heavy hitters in Tokyo would find all the yet-to-be-discovered tricks and gimmicks in a weekend.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Mostly no. You might find a few players but I doubt there's an "MK scene" in Japan. Some people don't realize how much Japanese people hate Americans. So I'm sure most Japanese FG players laugh at MK more than the Capcom fanboys do here in America.
From what I understand, Japan is very wary of foreigners period.

McNasty

Moist.
Ive seen a Japan room on xbl. They play it, just not seriously enough to have a scene or make waves in it unfortunately. There was one player from Japan playing MK at evo last year great spacing and he played human cyrax before it was cool:cool:

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
The japanese play games that they think suck just to troll ppl. If you see a japanese person playing MK then most likely he is trolling.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
So MK is a Kusoge(shitty game)to the japan like MvC3

Shoutout to kusoru, for coming out here and showing that America is the Land of The Free

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
So MK is a Kusoge(shitty game)to the japan like MvC3

Shoutout to kusoru, for coming out here and showing that America is the Land of The Free
Well not exactly. Japanese players that play Kusoru games do take them seriously so they are saying they think the game is shit but they still practice to be good at the game. The guy that blew everyone up at Marvel claims he don't take the game seriously but he plays it all the time to get good at Joe and Rocket Raccoon. MK I don't think is considered a Kusoge in japan just a western game. It's our SF.