What's new

Display lag Injustice 2 = 100ms (6frames)

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I do not know what the average is in modern fighters but what was IJ1, MK9 and X?
According to the link I posted MKX is 5. The standard used to be 4 frames but that seems to be changing with ps4. Still ps4 has Ultra sf4 running at 4 frames.

Scoot Magee

It may seem insignificant but a frame or two matters a lot when it comes to blocking on reaction and etc. Overheads, fast projectiles and teleports that you have to block in the other direction are a bit harder to deal with now.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
It may seem insignificant but a frame or two matters a lot when it comes to blocking on reaction and etc.
Yep. Something a lot of people don't understand. When you do block in time and you get hit anyway, not only is it infuriating, but it costs you games, matches and sets. It's a problem that's way worse online.

So apparently INJ2 is only a frame better than SFV lag-wise. Yikes. I'd like to see the numbers on Xbox One though. This kind of thing can vary between systems.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
It may seem insignificant but a frame or two matters a lot when it comes to blocking on reaction and etc. Overheads, fast projectiles and teleports that you have to block in the other direction are a bit harder to deal with now.
Oh I know it makes a difference for sure and then you have to take into account monitor lag and also your controler\stick lag which isnt much but all adds up in the end.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I also thought I read a while back that companies are implementing intentional input delay to smooth out netplay but I have no idea on the specifics or validity. Pretty sure it was Harada talking about it before TTT2 launch.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
Yep. Something a lot of people don't understand. When you do block in time and you get hit anyway, not only is it infuriating, but it costs you games, matches and sets. It's a problem that's way worse online.

So apparently INJ2 is only a frame better than SFV lag-wise. Yikes. I'd like to see the numbers on Xbox One though. This kind of thing can vary between systems.
I'm actually really interested in that as well, because I remember MKXL running better on XBone by a non-negligible amount.

Scoot Magee

I'm looking for that as well.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
I also thought I read a while back that companies are implementing intentional input delay to smooth out netplay but I have no idea on the specifics or validity. Pretty sure it was Harada talking about it before TTT2 launch.
I'm sure that's the case sometimes, but I wonder if display lag can also be a result of the game engine. I think Capcom Japan was adamant in calling it intentional, for the purpose of aligning it with netplay, but from what I recall, Capcom USA wasn't on board with that account. In any case, they reportedly reduced the input lag from 8 to "6.5" frames, but maybe it's more like 6.59999, hence a rating of "7".

I really don't want companies adding input delay!

Online is online and we all expect it, but don't degrade the offline experience to marry the two. It isn't going to happen. They WILL be different regardless.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I'm sure that's the case sometimes, but I wonder if display lag can also be a result of the game engine. I think Capcom Japan was adamant in calling it intentional, for the purpose of aligning it with netplay, but from what I recall, Capcom USA wasn't on board with that account. In any case, they reportedly reduced the input lag from 8 to "6.5" frames, but maybe it's more like 6.59999, hence a rating of "7".

I really don't want companies adding input delay!

Online is online and we all expect it, but don't degrade the offline experience to marry the two. It isn't going to happen. They WILL be different regardless.
Shit who knows what goes on in companies head when they try to spin stuff. I do remember Harada saying it was intentional though for the sake of netplay and people were kinda pissed about it.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
According to their youtube page.
MKX is 6.4 frames of lag.

Not sure why its' different on their website.

this game is so fucked , huge input lag and crazy 1 frame links get ready to see soo many combo drops at evo and so many casuals leaving this game get ready NRS if not already happening

Tweedy

Noob
Tfw Tekken has more input lag.

It means less I think since SFV has a ton of 3 and 4 frame moves. This is mostly just gonna be a reason for people to blame the game instead of themselves for being trash.

omooba

fear the moobs
just saying but i really don't think that humans are fast enough to notice that 'omg i definitely blocked that but those 6 frames of lag fucked me' like bruh yes it matters no we don't notice when it happens. it's more likely u were off more than 6 frames when u 'swore' u blocked it

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
SFV has like 15frames and it's fans say is fine so...
SFV HAD 8 frames and after it was revealed, for months straight you would see at least one or two threads on the frontpage complaining about it. It was NOT ok for a competitive fighter to have that lol, i think it was tuned down to 6 but even so

It means less I think since SFV has a ton of 3 and 4 frame moves. This is mostly just gonna be a reason for people to blame the game instead of themselves for being trash.
oh yeah please remind me who you playing in injustice 2 and mkxl ?

Scoot Magee

Tekken had a lot of lag for a while now but I think 7 has the most. I think this is annoying for injustice considering the first game had around 2 or 3 frames less lag when rounded off. Maybe it was done to make the online feel similar to offline, I don't know but it seems to be a trend with ps4 fighting games. I'm not sure what the response time is on Xbone.

Scoot Magee

Adding frame lag makes anything involving reactions harder. So we have 2 less frames to react to moves in general. The first active frames on moves didn't change much from the first injustice and that game had less lag. It's something legitimate to complain about because it downgrades the experience.