What's new

Diary of a Mad Black Scrub

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Do you play online? Do you have Skype? Would u be willing to use a character not named jaqui?
I play online when I have a chance. With work at the moment, I won't be able to play online to around the 4th of January. Yes, I have Skype. Cossner was nice enough to hop in a skype/online session with me and give me some guidance. And yes, I'm willing to use anyone other than Jacqui as I've recently went back to my favorite/main Mileena.

Since Cossner's session, which came at a point in which I was about to just drop the game, I've done a bunch of looking in the mirror. I've stopped blaming the character and started looking at myself. Kind of the reason I went back to Mileena as she's my favorite and if I'm going to take the bumps and bruises of leveling up over the long haul, I'd rather do it with my favorite character. I'm still open to learning new characters but using top tier isn't going to bypass the fundamentals I still lack at the mid tier competition level.

CL_ZBFD

Sr Saurio
I empathize with you man (35, 2 kids, wife)... Got onto fg only six months before mkx came out. Get as much offline experience as possible, it's a very different beast from online. Also you'd be surprised at how many people will teach you how to beat their characters.

Great replies from the more tenured fighters, something very cool in this community...

I get bodied in my local offline regularly, but that teaches you to play safer, learn when to take meaningful risks (instead of stupid yolo stuff) and being patient.

Keep on updating the post, it's inspiring to another noob like me.