What's new

Strategy Detailed Wonder Woman Guide: For beginners and advanced

If I make another guide like this, who would you like to see?

• Zod

• Martian Manhunter

• Batman

• Flash

• Aquaman

• Wait until MKX to do another guide

Results are only viewable after voting.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Yeah kinda surprised me and @Drizzle weren't tagged for the sole reason that we also have contributed to the WW community a fair amount.

That aside:

-D1 in lasso is 6f
-Her OTG on hit means nothing, they still don't have to respect anything unless you jail them with a d1, 23, or b1. You're both left to guess what to follow up with
-on block, they still aren't trapped unless they press buttons. Backdashing and armoring through is always an answer they have
-in sword stance, you can get midscreen combos with a b3 that isn't a bounce cancel
-b113, 11 and 33 can't be interrupted by anyone unless you missed time canceling into stance switch into shield bash

I'm still working on the guide as a whole currently, but the only part I could give out as a sneak peek was for 11 in lasso

IGAU Dirty Diana Character Breakdown Peek (Entrap…:
Thanks for your input. Like I said before I'm only on Xbox so I don't know the PSN players, I only know tournament people and XBL.

I didn't know her D1 is 6 frames, I'm gonna have to test that

Her OTG on hit means a lot. Like you said they have to block B1, D1 or 2. 3 is the same speed as B1, meaning they would have to block that as well. I just tested in practice mode, if you hit Batman with Wonder Woman's OTG he CANNOT interrupt 33 or instant jump 1 with his 6 frame jab

On block I never said they were trapped

Yeah I plan on adding shield stance B3 combos eventually, it's those are rare to happen in match

I felt like that was uninterruptable, I guess every time I got interrupted I mistimed it. I will fix that

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
A few things:

Her lasso d1 is 6 frames, not 7. In shield it's 7 frames though.

Lasso parry also lets Wonder Woman recover faster than she would by blocking the normal/projectile. I'm sure you know this but I didn't see a mention of it.

In the corner b2, d12 is easier to do than b2, 23 but the latter allows you to convert from further out. Just something to note.

Off of f3 in the corner, I would suggest using d2 because it gives you time to confirm which side you're on. If you're in front you can do f3, d2, b1, b113, b113~lasso grab and if you end up in the corner you can do f3, d2, dash forward, b1, b113, b113~lasso. Both do 32% so they're only 1% less than the combo you listed. It should also be noted that f3 in the corner will pretty much always cross up unless you massively delay it. The difference is very noticeable so it's not something I would rely on too much vs people who know the match-up.

Also in SS, it's important to note that your fastest punisher is f1 (6 frames). For a combo that works on the whole cast, do f12~MB shield toss, 11~4~spin, 23, b3, j3, b113~lasso grab (40% or 41% depending on whether or not both hits of 11 connect). For moves that are -7 or worse, you can use 11~4~spin, 23, b3, j3, b113~lasso.

Last edited:

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Thanks for your input. Like I said before I'm only on Xbox so I don't know the PSN players, I only know tournament people and XBL.

I didn't know her D1 is 6 frames, I'm gonna have to test that

Her OTG on hit means a lot. Like you said they have to block B1, D1 or 2. 3 is the same speed as B1, meaning they would have to block that as well. I just tested in practice mode, if you hit Batman with Wonder Woman's OTG he CANNOT interrupt 33 or instant jump 1 with his 6 frame jab

On block I never said they were trapped

Yeah I plan on adding shield stance B3 combos eventually, it's those are rare to happen in match

I felt like that was uninterruptable, I guess every time I got interrupted I mistimed it. I will fix that
Her OTG on hit is still a guessing game. If you're not jailing, these are your scenarios:

B2- can be armored through by everyone, and also back dashed if they time it right. It can also be parried by any parry character, thus losing your momentum

33- can't be parried or poked or armored, but they have the option to backdash or if they have the meter and knowledge of the MU, they can super through it too

IJ1- it's a bit inconsistent in terms of jailing, but at that height and distance, if it's blocked, it's unsafe. You can cancel into the Amazonian Smash, but at the distance you will not get any frame advantage (which is another thing). At BEST you'll be neutral, if not, you're like -3 or so, so it becomes a standoff.

Amazonian Smash is only +5 or +6 if you hit them by the feet and leg area on block. By the arm area, like dead on their arm is +3. Anywhere else you range from neutral to -3

It's a great write up, but some of the stuff is just a tad off

Last edited:

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
A few things:

Lasso parry also lets Wonder Woman recover faster than she would by blocking the normal/projectile. I'm sure you know this but I didn't see a mention of it.

In the corner b2, d12 is easier to do than b2, 23 but the latter allows you to convert from further out. Just something to note.

Off of f3 in the corner, I would suggest using d2 because it gives you time to confirm which side you're on. If you're in front you can do f3, d2, b1, b113, b113~lasso grab and if you end up in the corner you can do f3, d2, dash forward, b1, b113, b113~lasso. Both do 32% so they're only 1% less than the combo you listed. It should also be noted that f3 in the corner will pretty much always cross up unless you massively delay it. The difference is very noticeable so it's not something I would rely on too much vs people who know the match-up.

Also in SS, it's important to note that your fastest punisher is f1 (6 frames). For a combo that works on the whole cast, do f12~MB shield toss, 11~4~spin, 23, b3, j3, b113~lasso grab (40% or 41% depending on whether or not both hits of 11 connect). For moves that are -7 or worse, you can use 11~4~spin, 23, b3, j3, b113~lasso.
For me in the corner, I find d12 to be a better option because you get a few percent more in damage and you can adjust yourself in time. After they bounce, just start moving back as a default. If it crossed up, you can easily input d12, b113, b113~lasso, and if not, then you can either stay where you are or.move slightly forward to get the d12 anyways. If you practice it enough you can do a b1 before the double b113 for 37%, if not then 35%

ForeverKing

Her OTG on hit is still a guessing game. If you're not jailing, these are your scenarios:

B2- can be armored through by everyone, and also back dashed if they time it right. It can also be parried by any parry character, thus losing your momentum

33- can't be parried or poked or armored, but they have the option to backdash or if they have the meter and knowledge of the MU, they can super through it too

IJ1- it's a bit inconsistent in terms of jailing, but at that height and distance, if it's blocked, it's unsafe. You can cancel into the Amazonian Smash, but at the distance you will not get any frame advantage (which is another thing). At BEST you'll be neutral, if not, you're like -3 or so, so it becomes a standoff.

Amazonian Smash is only +5 or +6 if you hit them by the feet and leg area on block. By the arm area, like dead on their arm is +3. Anywhere else you range from neutral to -3

It's a great write up, but some of the stuff is just a tad off
I was going by the frame data in the game, which I guess is flawed. I will fix it. In the OP I do state that after OTG on hit B2 can be interrupted, I never said B2 was guaranteed. Instant J1 into Amazonian Smash is guaranteed, whether or not it's frame advantage or etc. doesn't matter. It is guaranteed after OTG on hit if you do the Instant J1 fast enough, which is good enough for the sake of options and mixups.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I was going by the frame data in the game, which I guess is flawed. I will fix it. In the OP I do state that after OTG on hit B2 can be interrupted, I never said B2 was guaranteed. Instant J1 into Amazonian Smash is guaranteed, whether or not it's frame advantage or etc. doesn't matter. It is guaranteed after OTG on hit if you do the Instant J1 fast enough, which is good enough for the sake of options and mixups.
Yeah the in game frame data is off in several parts. I have to edit it a bit due to distance for some of the specials and b3/f3, but in the WW forums, one of the threads I had done has her true frame data along with cancel advantage on hit and block.

For the IJ2, it does jail if you do it right away, but it kicks them out of the corner is the only problem with that

ForeverKing

A few things:

Added all this stuff to the OP

Skeezer12

Kinetic
Also , After D12 on block all you do is hold block after the string and it makes most characters D1 whiff , which gives you a option for b2 or b1 . B1 is faster so your better off with that . Its really good.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

On the F3 in the corner, all you have to do is do the F3 and walk backwards while the move is animating, that way you never have to go on a random side, so do F3 (walk back before it connects) -> B1 B1 B113 B113 Lasso

Also, F12MB shield toss is stance specific against some characters like KF.

ForeverKing

On the F3 in the corner, all you have to do is do the F3 and walk backwards while the move is animating, that way you never have to go on a random side, so do F3 (walk back before it connects) -> B1 B1 B113 B113 Lasso

Also, F12MB shield toss is stance specific against some characters like KF.
Do you have anything to say about or add to my guide as whole? You are basically who invented WW after all lol

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Do you have anything to say about or add to my guide as whole? You are basically who invented WW after all lol

There's plenty to say but its too much to type :p I'm lazy.
Obviously there's plenty more to talk about, such as matchup specific vortexs, the nutpunch style set up that forces characters to block after her 40% bnbs since it will catch backdashes & stuff wakeups.

Midscreen 5050 otgs into further 5050s n stuff like that.

But obviously you understand her enough to teach others.

Skeezer12

Kinetic
There's plenty to say but its too much to type :p I'm lazy.
Obviously there's plenty more to talk about, such as matchup specific vortexs, the nutpunch style set up that forces characters to block after her 40% bnbs since it will catch backdashes & stuff wakeups.

Midscreen 5050 otgs into further 5050s n stuff like that.

But obviously you understand her enough to teach others.
You still never told me how the nutpunch thing works lol .

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
You still never told me how the nutpunch thing works lol .
It's like versus Flash for example, after her bnbs ending in lasso grab, dashing forward once and then a properly timed ji3 will stuff everything he does. Snuffs all his wakeups, catches his dashing and so on. It's MU specific