What's new

[Dec. 17th, 2011] PASS THE SALT - Hosted By WHB (Fairfax, VA)

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
The WHB Group (MAK and VATR) presents it's second tournament under the WHB Banner...

PASS THE SALT

Facebook Event Page

PRE-REGISTRATION
Post in this thread with your gamer tag, where you are coming from (city and state), and which games you are entering (Tekken 6 and/or MK9). We will have a list below of pre-registered entrants.

Example: Gamer2009 (Las Vegas, NV): T6 and MK9
Example 2: ThisIsMyGamerTag (Washington, DC): MK9

WHEN:
December 17th, 2011
- Doors open 9AM
- 1PM: MK9 tournament begins
- 3PM: Tekken tournament begins
- There will be exhibition matches shortly after Tekken ends. Casuals can be played the entire day, except for when the tournaments are in session. If there are enough setups, we may have a casuals-only station. Read below for details on bringing a setup from home.
- 10PM: Doors close

WHERE:
George Mason University
Johnson Center (JC)- 3rd Floor, Room A
4400 University Drive, Fairfax, Virginia 22030 - Google Directions to Parking Lot

PARKING AND METRO:
Parking
Please park at Lot A if possible. If Lot A is full, the other free parking lots are K, L, J, and C. Below are map images to help you find the lots.

Braddock/Rt.123
Braddock/Roberts

Metro
Get to VIENNA METRO STATION and go to the NORTH exit and a mason shuttle should arrive near the parking deck every 30 minutes. "METRO TO MASON"

For more detailed instructions, check out this website provided by GMU.

TOURNAMENTS
1v1 Double Elimination 70/20/10 (or 80/20/00 depending on turnout) ; FT2 (Best 2 of 3 Matches)
applies to Tekken 6 and Mortal Kombat 9.

Entry Fee = $5 per person per tournament
Venue Fee = $5 per person
Mason Student = $4 discount (Must have valid Student ID)
Bring Setup (PS3+TEKKEN 6 or MK9 or TV/MONITOR)* = $5 discount
Parking = Free

*Must notify us prior to tournament date; First come, first serve basis (Number of people we need to bring setups is limited, so let us know asap if you're bringing a setup)

EXHIBITION MATCHES
- Salty Run-Back MD vs VA region match
- Klash 4 Kahn (???) vs (???)

EXTRA INFO:
- As always, we will order pizza and drinks
- AT LEAST 6 PS3 setups for Tekken
- AT LEAST 5 PS3 setups for MK9
- Two wired 360 controller converter
- Four recording stations
- 100% stream (link to come)
- If any other state wants to join in on the exhibition please come out and we'll arrange one

Questions? Please PM SWBeta or N0rdicNinja or email us at [email protected] or [email protected].

You already know how we do!

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT from N0rdicNinja!

Well we’re exactly 1 month away from Pass The Salt so it’s time to add a little spice to the pot! We would like to announce our first ever Klash For Kahn showdown! How will it work?

The Fighters
The names of the two people participating in the match will be kept secret until the match itself is announced at PTS. So how is it going to be decided? We need your votes! To cast your vote send an E-Mail titled “K4K” to [email protected] with your handle and the name of someone other then yourself in the currently registered list that you would like to see compete at PTS. If you yourself are a currently registered player the act of sending in a vote will also count as a vote for yourself.

Example:

Subject: K4K

Me - N0rdicNinja
Vote – JoeSmith
The Fight
The fight will be an FT5 with only the loser of a round allowed to switch characters per normal competitive rules. The stage will be Kahn’s Arena.

The Prize
The winner of the fight, henceforth known as the Kahn of PTS, will receive $100 and will automatically be selected as one of the competitors in the next showdown where their competition will once again be voted upon. If the Kahn is unable to make the next event both competitors will once again be left up to vote.

No money to participate, $100 if you win, lets get this shit started!

REGISTERED PLAYERS

Total: 43

--SOVA--
Blackula
Tom Brady
Immortal Skillit
Curse
Drummer
Hatake Osawa
Wai (possible)

--NOVA--
Nordic Ninja
Creepy00
BeatDownMao88
Rip Nasty
Enforcer
Ryry
Flipin Flava
Curved
Kaos87
down 1
kandehbar
Jandek
Korpse
KiDigital (possible)

--RVA--
Dale Hamilton
Free All Day
Mattix (possible)

--MD--
SWBeta
Sayco
Eazail
CitizenSnips
Minerva
GunsTariq
Emperor Chaotic (possible)

--NC--
Lionheart
Death
Kingkiller
Angry (possible)

--PA--
SwiftTomHanks
streetsweep187
Teef
squirtmcgirt187

--KY--
PsychoJoseph
StillSmokedOut
ViciousShogun

--NY--
CD Jr. (possible)

Creepy00

Noob
Like i said, i always in for some nova local tourney :D
Creepy00 (Falls Curch,Va) Mk9
This time we should get some troll video like last time on sep
Hope people can come, i mean it is week before christmas :/

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
We've got some fun surprises planned for this event. Details to come as they're finalized. =)

Edit: BTW [MENTION=7838]saix88[/MENTION], your fight with Down1 should now be in the TYR results thread if you haven't seen it already.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
I'm making the challenge now. Seeing as the theme is "Salt", I challenge MD to a salty runback of the 5v5. This time though I'd like it to be 5v5 everyone plays everyone instead of elimination.

saix88

Banned
We've got some fun surprises planned for this event. Details to come as they're finalized. =)

Edit: BTW [MENTION=7838]saix88[/MENTION], your fight with Down1 should now be in the TYR results thread if you haven't seen it already.
I saw it, thanks.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
I'll go ahead and start the list. If you're going, let us know.

--SOVA--
Blackula
Vegeta

--NOVA--
Nordic Ninja
Creepy00
BeatDownMao88

--MD--
SW Beta

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
--SOVA--
Blackula
Vegeta
Hatake Osawa (possible)

--NOVA--
Nordic Ninja
Creepy00
BeatDownMao88
Rip Nasty
Mandigo (Jaguar)
Enforcer
Dangsta
HP BDR (Ryry)
Flipin Flava
Curved

--RVA--
Chronos (possible)

--MD--
SW Beta
Sayco

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
16 sign ups in 24 hours, this shit's gonna be so hype! Come on people, we're breaking 30 this time, I demand it!

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
--SOVA--
Blackula
Vegeta
Hatake Osawa (possible)

--NOVA--
Nordic Ninja
Creepy00
BeatDownMao88
Rip Nasty
Mandigo (Jaguar)
Enforcer
Dangsta
HP BDR (Ryry)
Flipin Flava
Curved

--RVA--
Chronos (possible)

--MD--
SW Beta
Sayco
Eazail

--NC--
Lionheart (possible)

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
--SOVA--
Blackula
Vegeta
Hatake Osawa (possible)

--NOVA--
Nordic Ninja
Creepy00
BeatDownMao88
Rip Nasty
Jaguar
Enforcer
Dangsta
Ryry
Flipin Flava
Curved

--RVA--
Chronos (possible)
Dale Hamilton

--MD--
SW Beta
Sayco
Eazail
CitizenSnips

--NC--
Lionheart (possible)

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Facepalm*...When u told me bout the tournament, i thought u were telling me to Pass the salt for real ROFL

hmmm If swifthanks will go, then i might think about it.hopefully i will be able to come, though it depends on work and school*.also if we wanted we can try to bring A LOT!! and i mean it when i say it, a LOT of players! especially on my side. Though, i think people will have Enough due to the trip to NEC...so i am not sure if people will be able to.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
--SOVA--
Blackula
Vegeta
Hatake Osawa (possible)

--NOVA--
Nordic Ninja
Creepy00
BeatDownMao88
Rip Nasty
Jaguar
Enforcer
Dangsta
Ryry
Flipin Flava
Curved

--RVA--
Chronos (possible)
Dale Hamilton
Free All Day

--MD--
SW Beta
Sayco
Eazail
CitizenSnips

--NC--
Lionheart (possible)

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Yeah I'm going 100% unless something very serious happens. And i'll probably bring a few people along as well. Planning on winning more than 24 dollars this time.