What's new

Breakthrough Deathstroke v1.04 changes...

Sword Flip invincible on wakeup!

Other minor changes:
Sword Flip startup: 8 -> 7
D1 on block: -3 -> -2
Low shots startup: 14 -> 16
F3 startup: 26 -> 27
Quick Fire startup: 10 -> 11
Machine gun startup: 22 -> 23

Although these 1 frame differences I suspect aren't changes but just correcting the old frame data.

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
AWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH

More tears will fall, and my thrist will be quenched.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Nice buff when it comes to wreck-less players who rush without thinking, but id say the only buff he needs is a buff on low gun. I'm fine with all other nerfs tbqh.

Coddfish

Noob
It's a good option to stop oki jumpins though, Sword Spin is really inconsistent with that. It will also help avoid getting blown up by crossups that autocorrect your wakeup Spin to Flip.

Crathen

Death is my business
The buff on SS is good , now DS has an answer to airdash crossups / crossups after hard knockdowns.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I honestly don't care for the new buff. The move itself is very risky.

I just want them to give back what was once rightfully his and that's the +17 sword spin. Even if they knock it down to +8 id be happy.
At the end of the day, I can live with whatever they give us, but damn i want that move back!

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I honestly don't care for the new buff. The move itself is very risky.

I just want them to give back what was once rightfully his and that's the +17 sword spin. Even if they knock it down to +8 id be happy.
At the end of the day, I can live with whatever they give us, but damn i want that move back!

Holy **** that sounds broken as hell lol. Wouldn't DS be able to infinitely block lock someone with 32 xx Sword Spin over and over again?

And the Flip buff is pretty good. It makes DS have a wakeup option for what Spin didn't cover.

Spin vs. grounded approaches
Flip vs. airborne approaches

So long as you don't try to wake up with Flip against a grounded opponent, you'll be safe.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Holy **** that sounds broken as hell lol. Wouldn't DS be able to infinitely block lock someone with 32 xx Sword Spin over and over again?

And the Flip buff is pretty good. It makes DS have a wakeup option for what Spin didn't cover.

Spin vs. grounded approaches
Flip vs. airborne approaches

So long as you don't try to wake up with Flip against a grounded opponent, you'll be safe.
It wasn't broken, they were able to block anything Deathstroke threw at them, but it gave him a free midscreen mixup attempt.

Deathstroke was the most nerfed character in the game..

Ill list some examples..

B222 & 132 ---- you were able to buffer specials off the last hit of each string.

uf3 had better recovery on hit and block.

Sword flip had more push back on block and slightly better recovery.

Sword spin was +17 on hit, now its 0 and in some cases even minus.

LGS had better recovery

On certain stages, he now cant use more the 1 interactable during a combo.

His 12 string had its damage reduced by almost half.

Overall combo damage reduced by a significant margin. (i was able to get 60% midscreen & nearly 70% in the corner with 1 bar lol)

Blocked bullets use to do 1.38% of chip damage, now only .69%.

His overall ability to rush down was taken away when they took away the sword spin advantage.

If you take a look at the video below, you can see how i used the sword spin for free chip damage with the quick fire MB. They could not move after the sword spin, so all that chip damage was free..

These are just some of the nerfs they gave him that i can think of off the top of my head. Their are others too. They did give him small buffs in other areas, but they were minimal and in some cases almost useless.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
It wasn't broken, they were able to block anything Deathstroke threw at them, but it gave him a free midscreen mixup attempt.

Sword spin was +17 on hit, now its 0 and in some cases even minus.
Oh oh oh on HIT. That makes sense. Yeah, we were supposed to get +4 on hit, but NRS lied to us :(

B222 & 132 ---- you were able to buffer specials off the last hit of each string.
And 231 :p
It would be nice to have the options back though.

uf3 had better recovery on hit and block.
It's still pretty good as is. I'm fine with its current state.

Sword flip had more push back on block and slightly better recovery.
Sounds pretty nice

LGS had better recovery
OH GAWD PLZ

On certain stages, he now cant use more the 1 interactable during a combo.
Which stages was he able to use multiple interactables? If I were to take a guess, Hall of Justice? Interactable bounce against the fountaint+explosive drone?

His 12 string had its damage reduced by almost half.
Gah ****. That's such a nice string too.

Overall combo damage reduced by a significant margin. (i was able to get 60% midscreen & nearly 70% in the corner with 1 bar lol)
I rememeber these lol. Good times. Next time, don't break the character before he's fully released ;)
I also remember seeing you loop B1U2 twice in a combo before moving onto other attacks. Can't do that anymore :\

Blocked bullets use to do 1.38% of chip damage, now only .69%.
I hate this. I hate this SO much. The chip nerf was just too huge IMO.