What's new

Tech Deathstroke Oki Thread

Are you willing to put in the time to help out find out what oki works?

• Total voters

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Deathstroke has many oki options but a lot of his oki game is match up dependent. Because of this it requires a lot of time to go through the whole kast to discover whether a set up works or not. I think if a group of us works together then we kan split up the work load and learn our match ups quicker. We already have the set ups laid out before us. We just need to know which ones work best for which characters.

So if you want to be a part of the Oki group then let me know. Once we get a good group going we kan split the workload...

I put up a poll. Basically, only vote "Yes" if you're going to try to help out.

Also, one thing I noticed on the 23 ender (tested on Flash and Superman) is that for the two timings I got down. Ending in 23 "Low" to the ground and ending in 23 "Lower" to the ground changes whether J3 krosses up or not.

This is one of the many things we kan test to see if it is character specific or not.

Low: J3 doesn't kross up.
Lower: J3 does kross up.

RedRaptor10
MITDJT
Crathen
Mikman360
Vagrant
Rampage254
karaokelove
DaiHuu
Trini_Bwoi

I'm fairly new to the Deathstroke Forums so if there's anyone else who kontributes, be sure to tag them.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Testing A Character

If you're going to test a character, post which character you're going to test here and tag me. The things you want to test are:

Ninja
CoD
23 Ender
Sweep Ender
12~Sword Spin Ender into Safe Jump or Oki

If you tested all of those. You kompleted a character.

Crathen is working on testing the "korner reversing wakeups" so no need to test those.

Here are Mikman's notes on his CoD testing:
Ok here, I've tested 3 characters so far for CoD. Bear in mind that I am testing these wakeups as a HUMAN OPPONENT. This is all that matters in the end really. The CPU is completely capable of doing wakeups against CoD because technically, it does NOT beat wakeups. However, it feels like it beats wakeups because humans are typically unable to react to the input switch given to them when you use F3 to cross up. So I've totally scrapped the idea of using the CPU's wakeup system to go against CoD, and instead am testing this on myself in order to better capture the effect it will have on a real opponent.

THE BF INPUT EFFECT: Okay, so I’ve found a little something when it comes to stuffing wakeups that involve the BF input. If you have a wakeup attack like The Flash’s Lightning Charge, depending on how you make inputs, CoD can either ruin your input and hit you, or cause you to block. It’s all a matter of how long you hold your directions after making the input. If you do BF and let go of F immediately, DS’ F3 will hit you. If you hold it for a bit however, you get an option select block. So the effectiveness of CoD is dependent on how the opponent makes the input. Anything labeled with “BF Effect” reacts this way when tested against the CoD.
Here is the list of characters either finished or in progress:

Red Reaper
Working on: Solomon Grundy, Nightwing, Black Adam, Superman
Kompleted:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Aquaman

Ares

Bane

Batgirl

Batman
CoD (Testing by Mikman360)
Slide Kick – Input failure, BF Effect
Cape Parry – Input Failure, F3 hits
Verdict – Good. Very little risk in attempting, Batman’s wakeups aren’t the best.

Black Adam

Catwoman

Cyborg

Deathstroke

Doomsday

Flash
Speed Dodge – Becomes Lightning Kick, dodges F3 and whiffs
Lightning Kick – Becomes Speed Dodge, dodges F3, punishable
Lightning Charge – Input failure, BF Effect
Sonic Pound – Becomes Flying Uppercut, dodges F3 and whiffs, punishable
Flying Uppercut – Becomes Sonic Pound, dodges F3 and hits
Verdict – Bad. Most Flash players wake up with Flying Uppercut or Lightning Charge. A Flash player attempting to do either will dodge the F3 in one way or another, whether they get the move they wanted or not. If they try LC, they option select block the F3 or get the actual wakeup attack. If they try FU, SP will hit you and HKD you in the corner (VERY bad). Since Flash has wakeup moves on just about EVERY input, he’s got option selects like no other.

Green Arrow

Green Lantern

Harley Quinn

Hawkgirl

Joker

Killer Frost

Lex Luthor

Lobo

Martian Manhunter

Nightwing
Set Ups
Sweep Ender
23 Ender
Ninja

Sweep Ender
Fairly Simple to do the kross up on Nightwing. Depending on your timing you kan make them mess up the timing on their wake ups or even reverse them!

Escrima:
If he wakes up, the wake up attacks will wiff and you kan punish wiff your pistols. If you did the F3 early and timed it perfectly you'll even have enough time to do a dash up d1~special for the punish.

Staff:
If he wakes up with Staff Spin and you timed it korrectly, he will wiff it past you and you kan dash up and 132 him for a full kombo. If he wakes up with Flying Grayson, however, he'll be safe so either beat it with MB B3 or try to mess up his wake up by changing the timing on your F3.

23 Ender
Escrima:
Allows for a free kross up J3. If he wakes up with Flip Kick you kan punish it with Pistols. If he wakes up with Escrima Fury, the J3 will land and punish him.

Staff:
Allows for a free kross up J3 if properly timed. In order to get the proper timing I found it best to walk forward after F3 and 323 in the B1U2, F3, 1, 323, 23 kombo. When you do this with the right timing you kan beat Flying Grayson as he is leaping away and at worst trade with staff spin. You kan stuff staff spin out right as well if you do the J3 early enough.

Ninja

Escrima:
The best option is to go for a jumping 1. Both jumps (kross up and non-kross up) will wiff against Escrima Fury but as soon as you land you kan B1U2 for a full kombo punish. Both jumps (kross up and non-kross up) will hit Nightwing out of his flip kick which if you tried to kross up you kan 23 (323 wiffs), otherwise you kan just kontinue with 323 into ender.

Staff:
Doesn't work because Flying Grayson gets him out.

Escrima Fury – Input failure, F3 hits
Flip Kick – Input failure, F3 hits
Flying Grayson – Input failure, BF Effect
Staff Spin – Input failure, F3 hits
Verdict – Good in Escrima, decent in Staff. The go to wakeup for Escrima stance is Flip Kick which gets stuffed. The staff mode wakeup is dependent on the person you’re playing, but you won’t get killed for trying.

Don't Work
12~Sword Spin Ender into Safe Jump

Untested
Korner Reverse Wake Ups

Raven

Red Hood

Scorpion

Shazam

Sinestro

Solomon Grundy
Set Ups
12~Sword Spin Ender: double dash then oki.
Sweep Ender
23 Ender

On Grundy's Wake Ups you kan delay a neutral jump to when he's starting to get up. The delay will kause his AA Wake Up to wiff since it is so fast. Because Grundy is a POS, he kan still do Walking Corpse and kancel it but he would have to switch sides and kancel it the other way. This kan be bad if you're pushing him into the korner as you will be in the korner instead.

A better option is to do F3 which gives the same results except you kan delay it if you predict a Walking Corpse.

12~Sword Spin Ender
Has the greatest wall karry which gives you room to run around. If you neutral jump or F3 early and he WCC then you kan possibly be put into the korner so take that into account.

Sweep Ender
This is mostly used if you want to switch sides against Grundy so that you put him in the korner. F3 will kross over but won't make him block as if it were a kross up. After he blocks, you will be plus with him klose to you.

23 Ender
Better for when you think he'll wake up but don't want to be put in the korner when you switch sides. Sweep Ender probably out klasses this though.

Don't Work
Ninja: Doesn't work because of "To The Grave" wake up anti-air.

12~Sword Spin ender into safe jump: Jump is not safe because of "To The Grave" wake up anti-air.

Untested
CoD
Korner Reverse Wake Ups

Superman

Wonder Woman

Zatanna

Zod

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I certainly wouldn't mind helping. What setups are we going to test? Here are my suggestions:

Ninja
CoD
23 ender
Sweep ender
Corner reversing wakeups

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I certainly wouldn't mind helping. What setups are we going to test? Here are my suggestions:

Ninja
CoD
23 ender
Sweep ender
Corner reversing wakeups

Exactly what I was thinking. I think 23 and sweep ender should take priority for now since those are the most versatile ones.

I'm kindof salty
I thought I tagged you.. lol.

Might of accidentally typed over you while I was typing in names.

I mostly remembered your avatar than your name surprisingly. lol. So I thought you were in there when I double checked. It was pretty late when I posted this too and I was tired.

Well it's fixed now.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Mikman360
Vagrant
I think we kould get started on a few characters for now. I'd say his worse match ups.

....And Grundy. Kuz I hate Grundy.. lol.

I'll work on Grundy, Nightwing, and whoever else you guys want me to work on today.

Who do you guys wanna work on?

Basically we kan run through this stuff:
Ninja
CoD
23 ender
Sweep ender
Corner reversing wakeups

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I still have to master using the sweep ender from Crathen 's video. I can't ever seem to cross the opponent up consistentaly with F3. I also can't do a lot of testing today since I have class soon, but I'm willing to help when I can.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I still have to master using the sweep ender from Crathen 's video. I can't ever seem to cross the opponent up consistentaly with F3. I also can't do a lot of testing today since I have class soon, but I'm willing to help when I can.

Yeah. Just let me know when you kan and which characters you're going to work on.

That's the important thing. That we all understand which characters are being worked on so that we don't waste our time testing the same stuff.

Basically whenever one of us decides to start working on a character we should post it here and I'll update the OP. So I'm working on Grundy and Nightwing right now.

Crathen

Death is my business
Well i can test the Reverse wakeup attack corner setup on pretty much anyone as i've tried it on most of the cast already , i can take the sweep crossup f3 thing too since i can get it consistently , also trait setups.

I'll try getting videos for those too.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Well i can test the Reverse wakeup attack corner setup on pretty much anyone as i've tried it on most of the cast already , i can take the sweep crossup f3 thing too since i can get it consistently , also trait setups.

I'll try getting videos for those too.

Sweet. Let me know who you've got kovered and who you're going to be working on.

PS: Are trait set ups really oki?

Crathen

Death is my business
Sweet. Let me know who you've got kovered and who you're going to be working on.

Well , it's a setup wich basically is what this thread is about , knowing when it's safe to use those on knockdowns could get you a sneaky win or at least get you some decent unclashable damage. I was doing it anyways , might as well put it here.

Btw i think we need a thread listing the techs we've been finding , it's way too over the place , maybe when we're done with this one i could do that.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.

Not necessarily Oki, but there are character specific setups available.

I would also like to mention that CoD might be a bit hard to test with CPUs. It's technically possible to wakeup out of it, but since the controls get reversed, the inputs can get totally screwed up and they get hit. CPUs dont get confused like this however.

Characters like Batgirl (ugh dammit) that have totally vertical wakeup inputs (like down down) can escape without worrying about having their inputs screwed up. Characters like Deathstroke themselves who have invoncible wakeups in BOTH directions (Flip and Spin) can screw up their input and STILL get an invincible wakeup.

If the opponent uses SF controls, they're screwed lol. D, DF, F can be switched into D, DF, B if you time F3 well.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Not necessarily Oki, but there are character specific setups available.

I would also like to mention that CoD might be a bit hard to test with CPUs. It's technically possible to wakeup out of it, but since the controls get reversed, the inputs can get totally screwed up and they get hit. CPUs dont get confused like this however.

Characters like Batgirl (ugh dammit) that have totally vertical wakeup inputs (like down down) can escape without worrying about having their inputs screwed up. Characters like Deathstroke themselves who have invoncible wakeups in BOTH directions (Flip and Spin) can screw up their input and STILL get an invincible wakeup.

If the opponent uses SF controls, they're screwed lol. D, DF, F can be switched into D, DF, B if you time F3 well.

Makes sense.. I don't know them so I kan't test the trait set ups.

For testing CoD. There's some characters where their wake ups are kompletely nullified. Even against the komputer. That's what we should be testing for.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Well , it's a setup wich basically is what this thread is about , knowing when it's safe to use those on knockdowns could get you a sneaky win or at least get you some decent unclashable damage. I was doing it anyways , might as well put it here.

Btw i think we need a thread listing the techs we've been finding , it's way too over the place , maybe when we're done with this one i could do that.

Yeah. Unclashable damage was exactly what I was thinking. It'll be really good. You should add it here. I obviously don't know it so I kan't work on it.

I think you should just work on that and the korner reversal for now.

A tech thread would be nice. I was thinking of kreating it but then I started working on his oki soo much that I decided to make this instead.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Crathen

I tested Grundy's Wake Ups and the Sweep Ender krosses up to the other side if you time it right but he has to block it normally. I think this means you kan't 50/50 him with just F3 but you kan still switch sides..

Also, do you want to take over Grundy. I haven't done the korner stuff.

drywall

Noob
I started something like this a while ago but never finished it. Send me a message with your email and I can send you my spreadsheet with where I left off.

Crathen

Death is my business
Crathen

I tested Grundy's Wake Ups and the Sweep Ender krosses up to the other side if you time it right but he has to block it normally. I think this means you kan't 50/50 him with just F3 but you kan still switch sides..

Also, do you want to take over Grundy. I haven't done the korner stuff.
Nice to know , just tested this and Bane does the same thing , Lex and Doomsday have to block as a crossup , weird hurtboxes i guess.

Yeah let the corner stuff to me , when i'm done testing the cast i'll put my notes here.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
So I just started some testing on CoD stuff.

I think I'm going to have to have 2 different types of results for CoD. There are wakeups that are just completely ruined by CoD (like both of Aquaman's), and some that are screwed up, but not necessarily impossible to pull out. What I mean by this is, if Lex Luthor wants to wakeup Corp Charge you, the AI can do it, but a normal human opponent will have to make a VERY fast input on the spot to do it, and if he screws up, he gets no wakeup at all.

Then as mentioned before, we have characters who can attempt a wakeup and get one no matter how badly you screw up their inputs like Deathstroke himself.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Deathstroke has many oki options but a lot of his oki game is match up dependent. Because of this it requires a lot of time to go through the whole kast to discover whether a set up works or not. I think if a group of us works together then we kan split up the work load and learn our match ups quicker. We already have the set ups laid out before us. We just need to know which ones work best for which characters.

So if you want to be a part of the Oki group then let me know. Once we get a good group going we kan split the workload...

I put up a poll. Basically, only vote "Yes" if you're going to try to help out.

Also, one thing I noticed on the 23 ender (tested on Flash and Superman) is that for the two timings I got down. Ending in 23 "Low" to the ground and ending in 23 "Lower" to the ground changes whether J3 krosses up or not.

This is one of the many things we kan test to see if it is character specific or not.

Low: J3 doesn't kross up.
Lower: J3 does kross up.

RedRaptor10
MITDJT
Crathen
Mikman360
Vagrant
Rampage254
karaokelove
DaiHuu
Trini_Bwoi

I'm fairly new to the Deathstroke Forums so if there's anyone else who kontributes, be sure to tag them.
how do u hit someone lower than low with 23? my brain just exploded pondering this o-o