What's new

Guide Deathstroke Combo Thread

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Yea Ive thought of that too until I put the cpu on jump and realized the cpu could jump before I recovered from the sword spin.Why is that?Ive never heard of a move that hit but the opponent recovers faster then u do.Its not the hit advantage thats the problem its the huge amount of recovery frames the move has.
It might be fixed if NRS realizes this. I don't see why any move would ever do that. Stryker's X-Ray was punishable on hit in MK9 and they fixed that.

Where'd this whole guarenteed chip thing come from anywho? It's a good idea but it's not guarenteed, they can use their invinsible wakeup attacks or supers. If a Killer Frost realizes you're going for the chip she'll wakeup slide your ass.

KidGrave

The Real Red Hood
Not sure if this one was mentioned yet but I didn't see it in the main post.

ji3, 323, 123 = 42% Meterless Midscreen

So much damage without any meter seems kinda ridiculous so try it out, if it doesn't work for you like it did for me please tell me what your AI settings are so I may correct it on my end xD.

KidGrave

The Real Red Hood
Here my contribution...Tell me what u think
Nice one! For the sake of ease might I have the notation for that one?
It looks kinda like the corner combo I made earlier today which was:

ji2 or ji3, 323, f23, sword spin MB, 23, sword flip = 42%

Theres one cool thing I noticed and please double check this for me if you have time, but it seems there might be a possibility for a reset after the sword spin MB by throwing out a delayed 323 after they hit the floor. The 323 then carries into the standard f23, sword flip (or whatever ender, MB guns work too).

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Nice one! For the sake of ease might I have the notation for that one?
It looks kinda like the corner combo I made earlier today which was:

ji2 or ji3, 323, f23, sword spin MB, 23, sword flip = 42%

Theres one cool thing I noticed and please double check this for me if you have time, but it seems there might be a possibility for a reset after the sword spin MB by throwing out a delayed 323 after they hit the floor. The 323 then carries into the standard f23, sword flip (or whatever ender, MB guns work too).
Wait, are you suggesting we 323 after the knockdown of MB sword spin?

Exblackman

Zoning since fighting games began.
Corner combo
B22, sword spin MB, 323,f23, swordflip 35%

I use B22 alot as a meaty and after using b1 to train my opponent to block low so I use this combo extensively.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I always fear when Tony-T posts in this thread... he's a combo terror lol.

Tony-T, explain to me please, how do you always get all 3 hits of Sword Flip to land after a long combo? The opponent always seems to drop out after the first hit for me! And MB guns too, I can't ever seem to catch them in ALL the bullets.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I always fear when Tony-T posts in this thread... he's a combo terror lol.

Tony-T, explain to me please, how do you always get all 3 hits of Sword Flip to land after a long combo? The opponent always seems to drop out after the first hit for me! And MB guns too, I can't ever seem to catch them in ALL the bullets.
if you land more then 1 hit after the launcher, then do 323 into f23 sword flip, the sword flip will miss most hits. Instead of f23, use 12 then sword flip.

Only use f23 if you have done only 1 hit after launcher and before the 323.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
if you land more then 1 hit after the launcher, then do 323 into f23 sword flip, the sword flip will miss most hits. Instead of f23, use 12 then sword flip.

Only use f23 if you have done only 1 hit after launcher and before the 323.
Ahhhh that explains a lot. You were doing 12 Flip instead of F23 Flip, gotcha. Thanks for that. Gonna practice these now ^_^

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
No matter what Im capable of doing in training I cant ever seem to consistently convert it in my matches! Im assuming its due to my exclusive online play but man is it frustrating to have to modify and limit my damage output to small "guarantied" damage instead of optimizing.

I hate making excuses so I guess more lab time or possibly online practice would be my remedy.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
It's not just in the corner, the hitstun is less when you Sword Spin an airbourne opponent period. At the end of a combo or just straight up, if they're in the air they skip a bunch of the recovery frames when it grounds them. Can't imagine it was intended to work like that.
It wasn't meant to work like that at all. Originally, pre patch, if you did the sword spin while they were in the air, it would take them some time before they could recover. You were able to get a free jump in move for chip damage and pressure before they could retaliate.

I called it the sword spin vortex. Once the patch came out, they completely nerfed it. I honestly dont know why, I mean, they nerfed his damage considerably, i would have thought that would have been enough. I guess not.

It was probably his best move. now its trash.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
It wasn't meant to work like that at all. Originally, pre patch, if you did the sword spin while they were in the air, it would take them some time before they could recover. You were able to get a free jump in move for chip damage and pressure before they could retaliate.

I called it the sword spin vortex. Once the patch came out, they completely nerfed it. I honestly dont know why, I mean, they nerfed his damage considerably, i would have thought that would have been enough. I guess not.

Wow really? That actually sounds OP. I wouldn't have minded it being LESS stun, but it's so negative on hit that it's pretty worthless without a meter burn.

At least it's good damage in the corner. I'm fine with DS's damage nerfs tho. His damage was too good before lol. B1U2 into B1U2? Da fork is that?

Gawddamn. I would trade the guns for this back, seriously. Maybe they thought it was too much because he has that 50/50. But you can't do much off the overhead without MBCing.

Not sure if this one was mentioned yet but I didn't see it in the main post.

ji3, 323, 123 = 42% Meterless Midscreen

So much damage without any meter seems kinda ridiculous so try it out, if it doesn't work for you like it did for me please tell me what your AI settings are so I may correct it on my end xD.
wait a sec it only does 32% damage

Hitoshura
I'm assuming the OP is up to date, so you're all missing something kinda cool. 323 is a combo starter in the corner:
323 f23 db3MB ender
enders:
f23 df3 (37%)
f23 db3 (37% leaves standing, but frame data says it's negative on hit, so not sure if useful, but if your opponent likes to crouch block the EX will ghetto reset launch them)
23 df3 (35%)
23 db3 (36%, again leaves stanging, mb 38% drops them)
23 guns (35%)
23 mb guns (39%)
12 df3 (36%)
12 db3 (36%)
12 guns (35%)
12 MB guns (40%)

also, i dont use jump ins because i like to know how much the real part of a combo will do, but as a base reference J2 at the beginning of the bottom combo ender does 43% and the top one does 40 (so +3% generally)