What's new

Dear NRS and Kano Nation

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
If you look at the list, I'm only asking a few things. The other stuff is stuff that should work. For example, Kanoball not whiffing and making things more consistent. There is no reason why tick grabs should be inconsistent and the list goes on.
I am not a Kano main by any means but I have labbed him as much all of them. I know @Apex Kano and he is definitely a solid Kano main and I respect his opinions on Kano in general.

Personally I feel Kano could use a few buffs that's for sure but all of what you suggested together would make any character too strong. TYM is generally toxic when it comes to character buffs.

Maybe find one or two adjustments you feel could help him out the most while still keeping weaknesses. His moves are very slow but they can be used at the proper range. I agree high highs are very dumb and I think mid high is reasonable if the string is plus on block.
Right now I'm dealing with the same issue with Kotal no close up and everything is high aside from far away tools that are slow on startup. His 8f high and 9f high is too short after pushback and he lacks zoning tools not being able to get sunlight out safley off setup.
I feel like I may have jumped the gun asking for buffs a week in since no one really understands the full rosters matchups and can't compare tools until we develop this further. So it's hard to say this buff won't make X character broke when we really have nothing to compare it too. Understanding the meta and the now realized top 5 characters we can compare strong tools to thier Toolset which is much easier to guage.

I genuinely hope Kano gets help with his slow strings and more tech is discovered with him that helps.

What is the two things you think he needs most and what his clear weaknesses are right now compared to the current top Characters?

Wallach

Noob
Sorry but this thread is getting the flippant responses it deserves. The first couple paragraphs are him trying to convince you he is such a good player who exhausts all of his options and resources, then tells you his fair and logical suggestions include ridiculous things that basically nobody in the game gets.

For starters, you fucking want standing 2 to be a mid? There are exactly two mid standing 2s in this game and they are 11 and 13 frame startup. I'm not giving up being able to punish some moves with 24(1+3) because you want something basically nobody has. Unless you just want to make it a mid with no other changes - yes, let's make Kano's standing 2 a 9f mid with both mid, mid and mid, low string options (latter of which amps into a launch and ticks into command grab on block). "Fair and logical" my ass.

I haven't had any inconsistency issues with his tick grabs,, and 24 is a ridiculously good string to be able to tick from on top of D1. The last thing he needs is better fucking ticks, it is the least of his problems. He also should not get a mid command grab because nobody should have one. Geras especially shouldn't have his, but even Kollector doesn't deserve one. What they should do is backspace both of them and pretend they never had ideas that bad.

There are a few reasonable suggestions that Kano could use even as early days as we are - there is no reason his standing 1 should whiff duck block (I suspect this is just a bug honestly), and his F12 string definitely sucks and needs some kind of adjustment. His F4 deserves a better KB condition. None of these things make him "the most incomplete character in a fighting game ever", and really aren't even that big of an issue in his overall gameplan right now. You could take a frame or two off B1 but it honestly isn't going to matter that much; it's a backward moving button so it's not like making this faster enables anything D1 doesn't already. It's already fast enough to stuff anyone trying to press anything after your own D1 too.

By the way, D1 and D3 on hit both have enough advantage to jail into 22 or 24. It's a little tight but given what they're jailing into it probably should be. Asking for D3 to be like +12 oH wouldn't be out of line but again just falls under stuff he doesn't need but might be okay to have.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
I am not a Kano main by any means but I have labbed him as much all of them. I know @Apex Kano and he is definitely a solid Kano main and I respect his opinions on Kano in general.

Personally I feel Kano could use a few buffs that's for sure but all of what you suggested together would make any character too strong. TYM is generally toxic when it comes to character buffs.

Maybe find one or two adjustments you feel could help him out the most while still keeping weaknesses. His moves are very slow but they can be used at the proper range. I agree high highs are very dumb and I think mid high is reasonable if the string is plus on block.
Right now I'm dealing with the same issue with Kotal no close up and everything is high aside from far away tools that are slow on startup. His 8f high and 9f high is too short after pushback and he lacks zoning tools not being able to get sunlight out safley off setup.
I feel like I may have jumped the gun asking for buffs a week in since no one really understands the full rosters matchups and can't compare tools until we develop this further. So it's hard to say this buff won't make X character broke when we really have nothing to compare it too. Understanding the meta and the now realized top 5 characters we can compare strong tools to thier Toolset which is much easier to guage.

I genuinely hope Kano gets help with his slow strings and more tech is discovered with him that helps.

What is the two things you think he needs most and what his clear weaknesses are right now compared to the current top Characters?

Right now kano has the worse buttons in the game. He has the worse walk speed in the game, he has probably the worse krushing blows in the game you never see them only of b3 thats it.

All in all please give him a mid option thats not 16 frames slow or more hit advantage on d1 that would be a good start for kano. You cannot condition people to stop poking if all you have is a 16 frame mid that leads to no damage. and if they block b3 your turn is over. its easy to counter kano if you somewhat know what your doing.

Error

DF2+R2
I think Kano is a solid character right now. NRS needs to fix his hitbox on the f12 string and maybe make his molotov a bit faster on start up (because it's almost useless, I mean EB's acid is 34 frames and the move does almost the same thing). But overall I think Kano doesn't need anything more.
It becomes an unblockable launcher with chemical burn, that's probably why it's so slow

It becomes an unblockable launcher with chemical burn, that's probably why it's so slow
Yeah I know, I'm not saying it should be as fast as Erron's, and I think it shouldn't because the molotov is better than Erron's acid. But 78 frames on start up is a bit extreme, it makes the move impossible to setup while staying safe. But even if Kano doesn't receive this, he stays a solid character.

The two things he needs the most is a mid attack or low starter string and cancelable normals that would add depth, which would allow Kano to stagger. For example, B3 would be the perfect stagger move. Let it be cancelable on block. Right now, all of Kano move are stand-alone moves.

Kano clear weaknesses are he doesn't get follow up on hit because nothing jail on hit. For example, Kano can't jail d1 into ball roll or knife toss. Which means Kano losses his turn and the opponent can just mash on anything because he has no other options.

Let's compare Kano and Sub Zero. I choose Sub because he has similar moves like Kano. Let's compare Kano B2 to Sub B2. Both are great AA's, both have the same reach, however, Sub can cancel his B2 and is a string.

Let's look at Kano B3 and Sub B1. Both have a similar range, Sub B1 leads into a string that's safe, cancelable, and lead into oki/KB's (LAYERS ON LAYERS). Let's say Kano D1 Sub and Interrupt his staggers, Sub can just poke get his turn back and the cycle repeats. He can poke, go into a low or high string. If Kano tries to back up, Sub normals are faster and longer so you are at the mercy of the player in all situations.

Let's compare Sub Slide and Kano F3. Both go under projectiles. Both are punishable. Sub slides go further, more damage, and lead into KB's. Also, Sub has way better mobility and the running crack head kick is plus on block.

6FD1 VS 7FD1. Parry to slow to parry it. More mashing.

Overall, Sub has very little risk and gets great reward for taking a risk. Sub can play a Defensive or Offensive game with tons of layers while maintaining an extremely strong neutral. When you combine all of this with 50/50's, it's oppressive. All kano get is a d1 in most situations with no follow-up. Ask yourself...What do I really get when it should be my turn? The answer is nothing.

Last edited:

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
The two things he needs the most is a mid attack or low starter string and cancelable normals that would add depth, which would allow Kano to stagger. For example, B3 would be the perfect stagger move. Let it be cancelable on block. Right now, all of Kano move are stand-alone moves.

Kano clear weaknesses are he doesn't get follow up on hit because nothing jail on hit. For example, Kano can't jail d1 into ball roll or knife toss. Which means Kano losses his turn and the opponent can just mash on anything because he has no other options.

Let's compare Kano and Sub Zero. I choose Sub because he has similar moves like Kano. Let's compare Kano B2 to Sub B2. Both are great AA's, both have the same reach, however, Sub can cancel his B2 and is a string.

Let's look at Kano B3 and Sub B1. Both have a similar range, Sub B1 leads into a string that's safe, cancelable, and lead into oki/KB's (LAYERS ON LAYERS). Let's say Kano D1 Sub and Interrupt his staggers, Sub can just poke get his turn back and the cycle repeats. He can poke, go into a low or high string. If Kano tries to back up, Sub normals are faster and longer so you are at the mercy of the player in all situations.

Let's compare Sub Slide and Kano F3. Both go under projectiles. Both are punishable. Sub slides go further, more damage, and lead into KB's. Also, Sub has way better mobility and the running crack head kick is plus on block.

6FD1 VS 7FD1. Parry to slow to parry it. More mashing.

Overall, Sub has very little risk and gets great reward for taking a risk. Sub can play a Defensive or Offensive game with tons of layers while maintaining an extremely strong neutral. When you combine all of this with 50/50's, it's oppressive. All kano get is a d1 in most situations with no follow-up. Ask yourself...What do I really get when it should be my turn? The answer is nothing.

Really good point you make kano gets nothing of d1 on hit or if its blocked their is no reason to respect this character. And if someone is respecting kano they aint playing the match up right. I just cant get over how they design a character whos fastest mid is 16 frames he is almost unplayable at this point.

If all you kano upplayers still arent convinced just look at coach Steve he played cybernetic through most of mkx's life, And he instantly dropped kano in mk11 in just one hour of checking him out in the lab thats a big red flag. Also Sonic fox said kano is the second worse character in the game. i mean cmon guys this argument is over kano needs help.

Wallach

Noob
I like how you quoted my post and then wrote this, meaning you didn't even read it. D1 jails into standing 2, which means you can always force the 24 followup on a D1 hit. It's one of the main reasons 24 being a command grab tick is so good.

As for the genius above me - B1 is a 13f mid and your D1 is +10 on hit. Nevermind jailing into standing 2. If you aren't getting your turn respected it's your own fault.

On a side note, why the fuck would you ever want to jail into black dragon ball? No wonder you think this character is bad.

I like how you quoted my post and then wrote this, meaning you didn't even read it. D1 jails into standing 2, which means you can always force the 24 followup on a D1 hit. It's one of the main reasons 24 being a command grab tick is so good.

As for the genius above me - B1 is a 13f mid and your D1 is +10 on hit. Nevermind jailing into standing 2. If you aren't getting your turn respected it's your own fault.

On a side note, why the fuck would you ever want to jail into black dragon ball? No wonder you think this character is bad.
I don't read your post because you are a clueless fuck, my friend.

On a side note, I said that because I wanted to show the lack of options and how incomplete Kano is. Look dude, either you post/stream your matches or stfu. Since Kano is so good, please show myself, Bio, Coach, Ash, and other legit Kano players how it's done. Yes, I'm beating scrubs, but against a legit player, it's extremely one-sided. I'm not here to argue with you or to try to convince you of anything. I'm here to state the obvious and better my character. I refuse to set aside and let NRS overlook Kano because no one will address his problems. I'm glad you are doing extremely well with the character but the majority of us hate him atm.

Wallach

Noob
I don't read your post because you are a clueless fuck, my friend.

On a side note, I said that because I wanted to show the lack of options and how incomplete Kano is. Look dude, either you post/stream your matches or stfu. Since Kano is so good, please show myself, Bio, Coach, Ash, and other legit Kano players how it's done. Yes, I'm beating scrubs, but against a legit player, it's extremely one-sided. I'm not here to argue with you or to try to convince you of anything. I'm here to state the obvious and better my character. I refuse to set aside and let NRS overlook Kano because no one will address his problems. I'm glad you are doing extremely well with the character but the majority of us hate him atm.
I'm clueless, but you don't know D1 jails and are wondering why you can't jail someone into a -18 oB move. Yeah, this thread is about what you'd expect for the first two weeks of a fighting game.

On that topic of put up or shut up - where are your videos, again? With all these convictions I'm sure you must have plenty of clips for us of matches against good players you obviously would have won, if only you'd had a stronger Kano.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog

You saying d1 jails into b1 is fucking laughable who in their right mind is gonna respect a 5 percent mid that leads to nothing. And saying s2 jails into d1 on hit is also dumb cause if you dont notice most people play online try jailing that shit consistently online its almost impossible especially against bad connections. And Just look at jax he has all the mids in the world plus his d1 is 13 frames. it just doesn't make any sense to me kano should have the 13 frame on hit d1 not jax.

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
Jeeeeeez .... please BUFF kano cause lord knows i need more rage quits and disconnects

Last edited:

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
It seems like you guys all got the same game plan when playing kano...kano is not a character in the game, he is a feeling. He is a thought
For example, if you think f4.xx.snakebite is +20 on block, then its +20 on block. If you feel a kanoball from full screen neutral is unblockable, then dammit its unblockable.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
This seems a bit overboard but I will say Kano could use a little love in some departments.

Also, while it's nice to have F4 and F2, they're both unsafe. On top of that, I see no reason to just crouch block and stand block overheads on reaction. It's cool he can snag 25ish% off a F2 xx Lumbar Check tho, I just feel no reason whyd you stand block against our boy. Give our opponent a reason to stand block against us. (And please do correct me if there's a reason why you'd stand block)

Also, I hate how inconsistent his grab is on low poke ticks. It was the same with commando in mkx. I would like them to be more consistent.

His aesthetics and the idea of these long reaching single normal mixups is hella cool. I'd just like them to be improved.

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
"If I whine hard enough, maybe lord Paulo will make it so I don't have to think anymore"

Seriously though, total bait thread but I thought that was appropriate

MK9

Noob
I think the biggest misconception here is everything your showing in online, online shit is safe that really isn’t. When you throw all this frame data out there it means nothing.

Example a simple combo like 24 1+3 mb b3 f3 90% of the time won’t connect online, so what’s that tell you. How many frames are being dropped.