What's new

Dead Space 2 Review (IGN) and Hard Core Difficulty Described

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Review

IGN posted: said:
Survival horror has a new gold standard.

Dead Space 2 is an amazing game. I'm about write about its scary moments, cool kills, and how much I dig the internal struggle of the main character, but it's more than that. When I beat it for the first time, I sat on the couch with my heart racing and dissected the journey I had just taken. Then, I started my second playthrough, and when that was done, I jumped into a new game for the third time. Dead Space 2 is just that good.

Dead Space 2 is more than just an action game and it's more than a survival horror game -- it's a game that tells a really personal story about a guy who has been seriously scarred by the events around him. That premise alone makes it interesting, but Visceral Games melds it with rewarding combat, shocking enemies, and huge set pieces before tossing it into a world that's truly creepy and scary. I didn't find multiplayer that interesting and would've liked to have seen Isaac stop being an errand boy, but none of that spoils what you're getting here. The shocking moments, the gruesome deaths, and the fun of playing through this experience again and again are what I took away from this one.
Dead Space 2 is an excellent game, and it's well worth your time and money.

Description of Hardcore Mode

IGN posted: said:
If you're truly devoted like myself, there's even a mode known as "Hardcore," and it's nothing less than sadistic. The enemies are at their toughest, the supplies are limited, there are no checkpoints, and if you die, you restart from your last save. Oh, and you can only save three times in the entire game. That's crazy talk, but damn, do I want to do it.

I only hope this mode is tougher than Master Ninja on Ninja Gaiden II F*cking PSYCHED!!!!! 3 DAYS LEFT BABY. BRING ON THE GORE!

I already know hardcore is gonna scare the shit out of me just because of how absolutely vulnerable you really are! HELL YEAH!

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
The commercial made me laugh as well. I've got it preordered. I still have $16.62 left to pay on it but I'll do that Tuesday when it is finally release. I'm super excited. The first game was amazing.