What's new

DBZ Xenoverse 2014

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
No, I've seen people play it on YouTube.
It's essentially what Faded said, though. There's no actual intention of it fully fleshing out into a full game. Just a couple demo characters and that's it.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
the combo system looks like a step in the right direction, I still love the 360 DBZ combat where we can fly around and shit too.

i'm looking forward to it, maybe not perfect but it'll be good fun.
I really enjoyed BOZ but it was too simple to keep going after a while.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
never caught up with the previous DBZ, but being a "new"/alternate(xenoverse) story got me. hopefully a new villain :)
I love DBZ. maybe a teaser on the twelve universes the Beerus mentioned.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Don't mean to put the game down, but...

Man, every video I see of this game kills my hype. The sound effects, "locking on", what I've seen so far is disappointing me. But, it looks more similar to the Tenkaichi series so if you're into those, then this game is probably for you.

Maybe next year we'll get a real fighter.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Why did you change your avatar from Heather?
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines has taken over everything since I've played it.

There was actually a Dragonball MMO released a while back. It's called Dragonball Online. The developers shut it down though. Apparently some group is releasing a private server next year so I'm hype (kinda).

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I have some hope, considering it's Dimps. Apparently, some Budokai mechanics such as 2-attack-button controls are coming in, and there has been talks of special cancels and whatnot.

If Dimps can make it good, I'm happy. I would like to see Budokai 4 or Shin Budokai 3, but tbh, the fanbase oddly shuns the series now because of Tenkaichi and the desire to play DBZ games like that. Also, didn't help that Infinite World (the last Budokai entry on consoles) flopped both commercially and critically.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot a previous thread existed. Merging!

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Literally the only gameplay I could find between two competent players
Oh and it seems you can take off that lock-on reticle for 1v1

Last edited:
Reactions: Mst