What's new

D3, Ermac's new best friend against pokes.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
The title is self-explainatory. Probably the best d3 in the game. Stops pressure and gives Ermac a really good space control of footsies. If the opponent tries to jump, you AA the shit out of them. Anyone else has tried this ? I really believe this move will give Ermac the edge he needs against rush-down characters. Lets discuss this further shall we people ?

Creepy00

Noob
Yup, i use it more than ermac's D1. The pressure and spacing of his d3, is really good.
Didn't know, ermac d3 could aa lol

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Yup, i use it more than ermac's D1. The pressure and spacing of his d3, is really good.
Didn't know, ermac d3 could aa lol

No what i meant by AA your opponent is either use uppercut or d1's to lift. D3 is not a good AA. Usually if they cant break in your zoning area they will jump and they will die if they do.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I've been d3-ing my friends kabal ndc bs for a little while now. He's been like "I thought Ermac didn't have any faster normals but I guess that kick is." I mess with him a lot. d3 ~ d3 ~ d3 ~ grab. I love being annoying with that stuff.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
D3 is also very effective against JC's F3 rushdown. If done properly it has larger range than F3 and you can interrupt him. This changes alot of things now for this MU.

zaf

professor
I use d3 as an AA because it whiffs your opponents jump ins and cross overs. Been using it a while and i also definitely recommend it. I thought it was common knowledge, so I didn't make mention of it. But i guess it wasn't. Good stuff posting Metzos.

Also, d3 goes under some pokes, which is why it counters other pokes so well.
I do use this more then d1 to escape pressure. I also use d1 and d3 together to poke back at someone at keep them locked down.
Using d1 after a d3 is really good because it will often beat what your opponent does. and if they keep blocking its hard to get out of dash d1, dash d3 repeat.

zaf

professor
not only with ermac does d3~grab work well, but with every character in the game.

ill make a video since my new phone is rape. This will be of constant d1 and d3 pressure i learned while at my last tourney. Ill get testing it with a human player as well to showcase why its good pressure and what you can get from constant d1 and d3 pressure.

Jer since it was used on you by more then one ermac, maybe you can speak about how useful his d1 and d3 are.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Yeah sure, pretty much if nullifies getting away.

If you're doign d1 d3 d1 d3 d1 d3, i can't poke out of it and if you hit me with a d1 while im jumping away its a free combo for you

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
This reset by zaf using the teleport tech that I posted just yesterday.

Yeah he created a video using your teleport pressure and mine B2B1 combo ender and he added d3 to "reset" the opponent standing. Really good stuff dont you think ? IMO this is much more dangerous than the F4 reset in the corner.

zaf

professor
the only reason why i think i might use it over f4 is because the situation you place your opponent in (while it is still a reset) is much different then the f4 situation.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
the only reason why i think i might use it over f4 is because the situation you place your opponent in (while it is still a reset) is much different then the f4 situation.

Yeap. During the stagger from F4 opponent has much time to anticipate what you are going to do. During this though its not that simple.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Yea D3 is awesome its good to poke with cause its quick and has decent range plus it lowers his hitbox. Kabal's ND goes right through it

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I think it's safe to say Ermac is already having a better 2012 than he had a 2011.

D3 is probably my favorite poke in the game next to Cyrax's D1.
Lightning fast, makes him shrink, AND recovers quickly enough to catch overheads ala Mil's U4 or Jax's Randy Savage Elbow.
$$$.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Hands down the best d3 in the game! Coming from a character who has shit down pokes this is amazing! The space it creates on block is great since they can't poke you back. I've had a lot of success doing 121 after a blocked d3 when they try to poke back since it whiffs then the 21 part of 121 hit them. They also always have to respect the option of tkp as well.

Ermac is no Sonya that's for sure; but d3 is still much better than what most of the cast has for a low poke.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Ermac's d3 is too good. My favorite d3 in the game, easily. I use it a lot, but I didn't think to bait AAs with it. Wish Quan had that d3, he desperately needs a fast poke with some spacing.

zaf

professor
i mentioned it in another thread, but d3 after sweep is great.

after the sweep it hits at the perfect range and because of the adv from the sweep, it makes the d3 hard to beat out. i believe only jumping and super armor save you from his d3 after sweep.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk

I always use D3 mainly because of how fast it comes out. It really is a good poke to use when up close against the majority of the cast.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
D3 is also very effective against JC's F3 rushdown. If done properly it has larger range than F3 and you can interrupt him. This changes alot of things now for this MU.
Its always been that way, but D3 is slower than D1, so you have less room to make a mistake