What's new

D-Pad Warriors

Gooch Peencher

XBL GT: Unikob
Was wondering if anyone knew of any high level players or just any MK players really, who also play with dpads instead of any sort of stick. I can't see myself ever using something different....

sent from my phone using a free version of tapatalk. hehe

aj1701

Noob
Reo uses just about any kind of controller there is I believe. Lots of high level players use them. I couldn't name them off the top of my head, but there's been lots of threads about this.

Gooch Peencher

I feel like I see alot of sticks on streams, but I don't pay too much attention to it. I can only play 3D fighters with a stick, but 2D games, the almighty dpad is a must for me. Anyone recommend a certain controller, other than the Razor Onza?

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I play pad, I'll dabble with the arcade stick, but PS dpad is gdlk in this game.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Tim Static

Adminerator
I feel like I see alot of sticks on streams, but I don't pay too much attention to it. I can only play 3D fighters with a stick, but 2D games, the almighty dpad is a must for me. Anyone recommend a certain controller, other than the Razor Onza?
I would never recommend that POS to anyone.

With that being said, PS2 dual shock and the 2 converters, Inpin for PS2 to PS3 and eTokki for PS2 to 360.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
I might get a wired 360 controller, I prefer wired to wireless, the only thing I like about the wireless controllers is the weight on the controller.
most places im aware of ban wireless controllers for tournaments to avoid players forgetting to desynch them when their match is finished.

Gooch Peencher

I've been wanting to play on PS3 just to try the controller, always was a fan of that dpad, especially on umk3. Do they allow those PS2 controller converters for xbox at most tournaments?

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
How in the freaking world do you use that thing and not want to kill a baby?
i played everything on it and didnt even know of converters/fightpads existed when i first started playing fighting games on my xbox so ive never had a problem with it.

only started playing other fighters on stick in the past month or so lol

pad is the way to go for Mk, any other fighting games usually have a recommended fighstick or a floating d pad like sega saturn pads. Im actually looking for a nice pad right now, anyone have any recommendations? And does anybody know the differences between dualshock 2 and 3 apart from the r2 trigger, I heard the dpad on ps2 pad is kind of better?

Gooch Peencher

pad is the way to go for Mk, any other fighting games usually have a recommended fighstick or a floating d pad like sega saturn pads. Im actually looking for a nice pad right now, anyone have any recommendations? And does anybody know the differences between dualshock 2 and 3 apart from the r2 trigger, I heard the dpad on ps2 pad is kind of better?
These might be just me, but using the PS3 controller, I felt like the PS2 controller's dpad is alot softer.