What's new

cyrax- "death is the only way out"- mk9 online rage quits

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
I've realized something yesterday.
In my opinion, why even learn resets, If you win by a 60 or 70%+ reset, does that mean you REALLY won that fight? like do you really feel you have more skill than the person you just beat? and I dont want to hear that "oh theres a way to get out of every reset" no, no there isn't. cyrax especially. My reset days are done, if I want to beat someone I'm going to do it the right way. or stop playing reset characters untill its patched... just to see what new resets surface.
Actually, save for Cyrax's and Sub Zero's, there's more than one way out of every reset.

And yes, Cyrax's damage output is bullshit. I beat this one Cyrax's ass down to at least under 10%, I was barely touched.
Then he did the 70% reset on me, and I was out of there faster than I could blink.

Ill say this, pay attention all of you.

If EVERY Cyrax thread just turns into "His reset is bullshit," isn't that a good enough clue that it IS bullshit?

blues686

Black lantern
Actually, save for Cyrax's and Sub Zero's, there's more than one way out of every reset.

And yes, Cyrax's damage output is bullshit. I beat this one Cyrax's ass down to at least under 10%, I was barely touched.
Then he did the 70% reset on me, and I was out of there faster than I could blink.

Ill say this, pay attention all of you.

If EVERY Cyrax thread just turns into "His reset is bullshit," isn't that a good enough clue that it IS bullshit?
and everyone needs to FINALLY realize that bs is getting removed instead of constantly crying about it.. is called patience people!!

To confirm sage's point, cyrax is a great character, he's not very easy to play, i feel that if he succesfuly lands his 50%+ combos he deserves them, but HIS RESETS ARE BULLSHIT

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Am I the only one who's gonna be seriously pissed if they DO end up further nerfing him?

I get my ass kicked on a regular basis, resets & 1-bar combos or not, makes no difference.

You dont see me bitching when I get dropkicked to death by Lao or Mileena, or TU-flamethrowered to a crisp by Sektor, or 17-hit-bicycle-kick combo'ed into next week by Liu Kang. For christs sake, if i had a nickel for every Cyrax hater who acts as though the reset or the bombtraps make him Shao Kahn level hard or something, id be eating nickel soup for a week.
And now those of us who've put in a ton of time learning all the setups, strings and counterattacks that revolve around the bombs could be getting screwed as a result. Imagine how pissed the KL players would be if they actually DID ban the low hat or nerfed the dropkick into the spinstring, or Kabals if they got rid of the dash cancel. Are they seriously irritating? Absolutely. Am I gonna preach that they cant be overcome and call for their demise? Not a chance. Because frustrating they may be, thats what makes it so satisfying when you finally figure out the counterbalance and learn to beat it.

It's called PRACTICE. That's what the dojo is for. Either learn how to counter the projectiles, or accept defeat. Simple as that.

#GRENADES

Raiman

Noob
The 80% resets need to go, but i personally never played against a cyrax that has pulled of one. I do think Cyrax needs the 60% resets though, even with all that damage cyrax isn't really that big of a problem, no more than kitana and her 60% combos. the 60% should stay, the 80% should go. Cyrax is top tier, but no where near as difficult to beat than your good lao reptile or kabal players, i think at least. I find low hat, elbow dash, and dash cancel much more annoying than the resets

Am I the only one who's gonna be seriously pissed if they DO end up further nerfing him?

I get my ass kicked on a regular basis, resets & 1-bar combos or not, makes no difference.

You dont see me bitching when I get dropkicked to death by Lao or Mileena, or TU-flamethrowered to a crisp by Sektor, or 17-hit-bicycle-kick combo'ed into next week by Liu Kang. For christs sake, if i had a nickel for every Cyrax hater who acts as though the reset or the bombtraps make him Shao Kahn level hard or something, id be eating nickel soup for a week.
And now those of us who've put in a ton of time learning all the setups, strings and counterattacks that revolve around the bombs could be getting screwed as a result. Imagine how pissed the KL players would be if they actually DID ban the low hat or nerfed the dropkick into the spinstring, or Kabals if they got rid of the dash cancel. Are they seriously irritating? Absolutely. Am I gonna preach that they cant be overcome and call for their demise? Not a chance. Because frustrating they may be, thats what makes it so satisfying when you finally figure out the counterbalance and learn to beat it.

It's called PRACTICE. That's what the dojo is for. Either learn how to counter the projectiles, or accept defeat. Simple as that.

#GRENADES
wow great comment? the only difference between those moves and cyrax resets are 50% of your life bar -_-

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
wow great comment? the only difference between those moves and cyrax resets are 50% of your life bar -_-
My point is that there's plenty of other characters with completely ridiculous and almost-unavoidable combinations and advantages.
Im just saying...how fast can Lao fill his meter? How much damage can be done in between Reptile's slow and fast ball, or Mileena's roll and kick? How many other people in the game can pull off 40-50% combos and juggles with a meter bar or less? Fuck, even Stryker (one of the most underrated characters in the game, IMO) with the right timing and meter can knock off a vital chunk of your life in a matter of moments. The basic moves that go into Cyrax's bigger combos are no different than any other specials in the game - jump in punch to get an extra hit like the Subzero freeze, throw in EX moves for extra damage or placement for a follow up string like Sektor's EX TU, etc. - and honestly, his net is one of the easiest tells in the game to read and punish, especially if you have a teleport or your name is Kabal. It just so happens he has an abusively good way to link them together. Or would you rather he be dumbed down and become a boring yellow nub? Things like this are what make a game interesting: running into a daunting challenge and figuring out a way around it.

EDIT: I do, however, agree that the 60%-80% resets should probably be done away with. If there's a way to factor it out without screwing up his grenade juggles, by all means. I'm good with my 51%. 80's just crazy, although i dont think it'd be possible to take that much damage without building a breaker.

blues686

Black lantern
My point is that there's plenty of other characters with completely ridiculous and almost-unavoidable combinations and advantages.
Im just saying...how fast can Lao fill his meter? How much damage can be done in between Reptile's slow and fast ball, or Mileena's roll and kick? How many other people in the game can pull off 40-50% combos and juggles with a meter bar or less? Fuck, even Stryker (one of the most underrated characters in the game, IMO) with the right timing and meter can knock off a vital chunk of your life in a matter of moments. The basic moves that go into Cyrax's bigger combos are no different than any other specials in the game - jump in punch to get an extra hit like the Subzero freeze, throw in EX moves for extra damage or placement for a follow up string like Sektor's EX TU, etc. - and honestly, his net is one of the easiest tells in the game to read and punish, especially if you have a teleport or your name is Kabal. It just so happens he has an abusively good way to link them together. Or would you rather he be dumbed down and become a boring yellow nub? Things like this are what make a game interesting: running into a daunting challenge and figuring out a way around it.

EDIT: I do, however, agree that the 60%-80% resets should probably be done away with. If there's a way to factor it out without screwing up his grenade juggles, by all means. I'm good with my 51%. 80's just crazy, although i dont think it'd be possible to take that much damage without building a breaker.
QFT

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
The 80% resets need to go, but i personally never played against a cyrax that has pulled of one. I do think Cyrax needs the 60% resets though, even with all that damage cyrax isn't really that big of a problem, no more than kitana and her 60% combos. the 60% should stay, the 80% should go. Cyrax is top tier, but no where near as difficult to beat than your good lao reptile or kabal players, i think at least. I find low hat, elbow dash, and dash cancel much more annoying than the resets
You do know that the 80% resets are fully escapable?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Man, I need to start posting me performing JC's salty fatal on Cyrax players then! I've gotten quite a few of those in the past few days! :top:

Anyways, I'll be learning Cyrax's legit bnb here soon, once the resets are gone and the character is credible because I do like him, but the resets/bomb trap MK3 costume piss me the fuck off.