What's new

Cyborg Injustice 2 speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parasurama

Dragon
NRS has said they've built gear with the competitive scene in mind. I hope competitive mode wasn't their only solution. I feel like gear is sort of like variations in MKX and playing without it might feel a bit empty. I hope they can balance the high level gear so it can be used in tournaments.
It is disappointing that gear related moves are not in competitive modes and to some extent relieving for balancing but it does feel as if it is pointless on the whole- as I will mostly play competitive much like I never played test your luck. I like the customization of looks the most.

Does anyone here have the game? I'd like to get some confirmation on if missels are OH or Mid.

Glad to see IAFB are back and his zoning should be even better now with his new trait. He'll still likely struggle against anyone with a teleport, but hopefully will be less low-tier overall this go around.

Unfortunate it hits mid, but going by the watchtower podcast they want him to more of a zoner than a setup character.

Anyone that has the game early, have you experimented with Cyborg? Here a couple of things that I wanted to test:

-Can cyborg use MB roll when he cancel's a nova blast fireball? (like cancel the NB into a MB roll?)
-Use of MB roll with trait for cross up setups
-Does 23 come out in when used in neutral or only on block
-What are the max number of EX Powerfist Cyborg can do in a combo
-Can 23 be linked in the corner to EX PF for potential combo damage
-Number of dashes that can be done after 23 in the corner (preferably from a jump in)

That's all for now, I'll think of more later, studying for finals. Damn, I'm so excited for this game to drop already haha

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Unfortunate it hits mid, but going by the watchtower podcast they want him to more of a zoner than a setup character.

Anyone that has the game early, have you experimented with Cyborg? Here a couple of things that I wanted to test:

-Can cyborg use MB roll when he cancel's a nova blast fireball? (like cancel the NB into a MB roll?)
-Use of MB roll with trait for cross up setups
-Does 23 come out in when used in neutral or only on block
-What are the max number of EX Powerfist Cyborg can do in a combo
-Can 23 be linked in the corner to EX PF for potential combo damage
-Number of dashes that can be done after 23 in the corner (preferably from a jump in)

That's all for now, I'll think of more later, studying for finals. Damn, I'm so excited for this game to drop already haha
I have a copy but I haven't labbed with him..Though I do have an interest in him

No on block. It was +2 plus on block before, but now it's negative. Kinda unfortunate considering he got a lot of options off of it.
Yeah I'd rather cyborg not lose his up-close options considering it was never a strength of his in the first place.

Can't wait to try him out. It seems like no one with the game currently is really dissecting him.

Took away all his decent close up moves. Gave him a new string that seemingly does the same as his other strings. Gave him better zoning. Trait seems just as useless seeing how his only overhead move will have a gap. New MB launcher seems to have only one useful follow up combo.
I want to know if you can combo off of up nova blast aa?

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
From Mikemetroid:

-23 comes out in neutral
-d1 is negative now (no longer plus like in injustice 1)
What is the point of 2,3 being used? It's neutral on block and knocks the opponent away...
but doesn't 2xxSD do the same thing but better? Like plus on block, builds meter, does chip?
Maybe SD is no longer plus, just safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.